• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. STPL

Why cant I find a 2.3l replacement pass side exhaust manifold?

Replacing bits and pieces here and there is exactly what I've been doing all along. I replaced the EGR, IAC and 02 sensor within the past year and no change. The idle problem doesn't seem to be damaging anything, I sent an oil sample to blackstone labs twice and they said everything looks good...
  2. STPL

I also find it very strange that I cant find any. The truck starts strong when cold, but then the idle degrades after a few minutes. When I give it a tiny bit of gas it smoothes out, then letting off the gas causes it to idle rough. Ive replaced the IAC valve, the 02 sensor and the EGR valve but...
  3. STPL

1994 2.3l 5spd XLT. I had to replace the entire exhaust system last year from the down pipe to the muffler, which went off without a hitch except for the studs on the exhaust manifold snapped off. I ended up drilling them out and throwing some bolts in there, but it just wont seal correctly and...
  4. STPL

94 2.3l rough idle when warm, worse after new radiator. Possibly mass air flow sensor?

Update: I changed out the 02, heater core and ECT (engine coolant temp) sensor. Since this problem oddly started after I cleaned out my radiator I thought I would go ahead and replace some inexpensive parts on the cooling system. The heater core was original to the truck and full of black...
  5. STPL

94 2.3l rough idle when warm, worse after new radiator. Possibly mass air flow sensor?

The throttle body is clean, I recently took apart and cleaned the whole intake side and changed the pcv valve. So I'm ruling that out for now.
  6. STPL

Quick Update: replaced both battery terminal clamps and cleaned the ground to frame connection. Its possible the truck starts a little better now, but the isdle and loss of power problem still persists. I bought an 02 sensor and I'm going to throw that on this weekend and see if that makes a...
  7. STPL

1992 ford ranger xlt 2.3 single cab fuel injection problems

RonD, your advice on open vs closed loop diagnosis is very helpful, thank you!. Keep us posted, unaidedplace! I'm curious to know how this turns out, its similar to an issue I'm having on my 94 2.3l.
  8. STPL

Update: I dropped it off at a local shop to see what they think, and they weren't very helpful. I think the guy took one look at my truck and didn't want to touch my it because an amateur, myself, has been working on it for the past two years. He noticed that the battery terminal ground clamp...
  9. STPL

Quick update: I tested the vacuum on the line from the old EGR solenoid to the EGR valve and the vacuum pull wasn't very consistent when I blipped the throttle. I replaced the EGR solenoid and unfortunately it didn't change anything. I'm still thinking its somehow related to the vacuum system...
  10. STPL

Rough idle and stall 94 manual

That’s a tough one to narrow down. Since the truck sat for a long time it could be a lot of things, start narrowing it down and checking working components off the list. I would start with the basics, inspect plugs, coil pack and timing belt. Check for any intake or exhaust leaks and...
  11. STPL

So I think you're onto something there. I pulled off the EGR and the valve moves smoothly when its pushed with a screwdriver. Also, if I push the valve in, put a finger over the vacuum link port and let the plunger go, it doesn't move. The vacuum holds it in place and when I remove my finger...
  12. STPL

Just to keep the thread updated. I cleaned out the ENTIRE intake side with a few cans of carb/brake cleaner, replaced the sparkplugs and sparkplug wires with motorcraft OEM products. Compression tested all 4 cylinders, all 4 read at 150-155 PSI and hold steady. I bought a ford PCV elbow kit and...
  13. STPL

Three Letter Word Forum Search Problems

I agree, this new forum is much better than the old one. I'll use a combination of google searches and forum searches in the future. Thanks for all your hard work!
  14. STPL

Three Letter Word Forum Search Problems

I was wondering if there was a reason for or a work around to searching for three letter words on the forums. Whenever I want to search for a MAF issue it wont search for MAF and the error I get is "The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too...
  15. STPL

Allright! Took me a while but here I am with another update! I suspected there was something wrong with the intake manifold gasket, and I wanted to pull the plugs on that side anyways so I took off the whole intake side. The plugs look fine to me I don't think theres anything out of the...
  16. STPL

Removed Passenger Side Radius Arm and I-Beam to Replace Bushings, Cannot Figure Out How To Re-Install

And thats why I come to the "experts" on this forum! Everyones case is different and someone will post about the way that works for me. Good catch! I accidentally said radius arm twice instead of I-Beam the second time. I try to leave a detailed response to all of my solutions to make it...
  17. STPL

Removed Passenger Side Radius Arm and I-Beam to Replace Bushings, Cannot Figure Out How To Re-Install

Allright! I took the weekend to wrestle everything back together and heres how I did it. YMMV, this is my method and my experience, Im not a professional mechanic. Passengers side: A lot of people say you don't need to disconnect everything from the radius arm to get at these bushings, but it...
  18. STPL

That's my line of thinking! I got it out with the brackets on, there HAS to be a way to get it back on. That's also true, but I'm reserving one more attempt with a ratchet strap and then I'm resorting to grinding the brackets off.
  19. STPL

ooooohhh that sounds promising. Im going to use a ratchet strap/prybar combo this weekend and see how far that's going to get me. If not I'm going to have to resort to grinding the rivets off and removing the bracket.
  20. STPL

Which side do you recommend putting in first? Im thinking putting the axel pivot in and using a come along to get the radius arm through the hole might be the best. I'm trying my hardest to not have to grind off the rivets and remove the entire radius bracket.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad