• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. sumncguy

Need a 92 Ranger 4.0l Water Pump Pulley ..

I needed to dig in to the cooling system while Im in there Im replacing the water pump. I need a Water pump pulley, mine is scored pretty bad. I know Ford made the 4.0l for some time. Would anyone have an idea as to what models and year that use the identical pulley ?
  2. sumncguy

What size fan in a 92 Ranger 4.0l

The 92 I bought a while back had a shotty install of the electric fan. It is no longer turning on. I want to rip out whats there and reinstall a new one. Can anyone tell me what size fan is in there. I tried to measure .. but definitely not accurate. Wanting to by the Champion Cooling fan...
  3. sumncguy

92 Ford Ranger 4.0l auto 4x4 Clutch fan .. which one

How do I know which clutch fan I should get for my engine ? This link mentions a clockwise and/or count clockwise clutch fan. https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1992/ford/ranger/cooling_system/fan_clutch.html Thanks in advance Regards Sum
  4. sumncguy

92 4.0l 4x4 auto hub issue

I bought this 92 a few months ago. The 4x4 has never worked. I recently rebuilt much of the front end. I decided while doing that job that a line had to be.drawn in the sand. I knew I might have to open things back up when I decided to look at the 4x4. So .. the problem. If I put the proper...
  5. sumncguy

92 4x4 Axle / Gear Ratios

During the front end rebuild I did not do the axles because I wasnt sure of the Gear Ratio. So that I could find out about the Gear Ratio, I took the truck to a 4x4 mechanic and had him do the rear end service. I asked if he could check the ratio and let me know what it is. He told me I had...
  6. sumncguy

For Sale 1992 Ranger used Parts off 4x4 4.0l Rear Shaft 8.8/Rear light lenses

I have the two rear axle shafts. Saw that the axle seals were leaking and decided to go ahead and replace bearings, shafts and seals. On a scale from a A to D, where D is the worse Id give them a C. There is some scoring on them where the shaft meets the bearings. But figured a rock crawler...
  7. sumncguy

Need manual hubs

I need hubs one of mine is shot. 4X4 is engaging but one side up front is not. Im looking on the web for manual hubs. In some cases I see something like that make a statement like `4x4 hubs 4.0l manual transmission`, is there a difference between manual and automatic 4x4 hubs ? Looking...
  8. sumncguy

Curious about the real cost of a 6 to 8 swap

The subject line pretty much says it. I dont think Ill be ready for an engine swap any time soon .. with a 92 I suppose I cant be sure. But Im wondering what is the actual cost soup to nuts to swap to the 302 from a 4.0l opposed to a reman'd 4.0l which is what my 92 has.
  9. sumncguy

Wanted to share this great find especially with the Early model group

https://www.upholsterysupplyusa.com/taxons/category/fasteners Also have alot of exterior options.
  10. sumncguy

Another very helpful find

.. an open invitation to the 92 .. probably 89 - 92 peeps needing info or procedure. .... just lemme know. I'll be as responsive as possible.
  11. sumncguy

Cheap DYI Failure ... door

The striker on the drivers door is missing the bushing. $2 home depot for 1/2 pex. Measured cut off a length. Cut on side of the tube Slip it over the striker. Failed. The door basically tore it up. Real part ordered from Lmc
  12. sumncguy

RTP to Greensboro Ford Mechanic to rebuild Drivers door

I ordered all the parts needed to rebuild my drivers door on my 92 Ranger. I would prefer to farm this out to a mechanic. I cant see in there and I know my wrenchs and sockets will wind up in the backyard somewhere. Does anyone know of a good Ford guy to do this stuff in the central NC area...
  13. sumncguy

Drivers door rebuild

Ok so .. cool I scored a good armrest from LKQ. I do have a question ... anyone have a tip on how to deal with this curling window guide moulding ?? I was thinking a little gorilla glue. The door needs a striker bushing. Headed over to home d for some 1/2 pex. I have to review the videos on...
  14. sumncguy

92 xlt extended cab cut wire

I started to do a little reading on the 4x4 set up in attempt to isolate the reason 4x4 isnt engaging. Just pulled the panel off just under the drivers side jump seat. I did find the shift module but I also found this. Can anyone tell me what this cut wire is ?? Ill tell you .. the peeps...
  15. sumncguy

32x10.5x16's

The front end refresh is very well underway. I need to start thinking about getting rid of those 33x12.5x15s I'd like to go to an AT 32x10.5x16 as there aren't many tire solutions in a 15 inch rim size. So if I get the 16x8 5 on 4.5 and the 32x10.5x15 or 'road' equivalant; think I saw...
  16. sumncguy

92 4x4 Ball Joints

Hey guys .. I found this https://www.therangerstation.com/tech/ford-ranger-ball-joint-replacement/ but it really doesn't tell me how to remove and replace the ball joints itself/themselves. Additionally, I checked out https://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/dana_28_35.shtml in attempt to...
  17. sumncguy

4.0l Oil Pan gasket and Rear Main seal replacement with tranny OUT

Wasnt really sure where to post this .. I guess because its really engine related this will work .. Anyway ... I have a 92 Ranger 4.0l 4x4 auto. I have it in the shop getting the tranny rebuilt. "We can add this part and see... " ... just rebuild the damn thing. While its in, to me, it...
  18. sumncguy

What kind of steps are used for a lifted 4x4 ?

I just bought a truck that has a lift. Think 3.5" .. really doesnt matter .. what matters is I need to put some steps on it. 1. because its a long way up .. Im 5' 7" 2. Im an old guy 57. :) What everyone using. Ive searched and cant find anything for a 92 Extended cab. Thanks in advance...
  19. sumncguy

Are the 1992 and 1994 4.0l engines identical

As I mentioned in a few posts before. I bought a 1992 4.0l 4x4. I have found a guy about three miles away that owns a small junk yard that has a 94 4.0l 4x4. My fangs are dripping saliva. There are a few covers and hoses I need. I would also like to snatch the full exhaust. Both are extended...
  20. sumncguy

92 4x4 tire and rim change

Just bought this truck to do jobs around d the house and maybe play a bit. I'm 57 and have had 4x4s but never jacked up this high. Want to go to a simply black rim, all terrain with a narrower width. The tire doesnt have to be flush with the fender wells but certainly not as wide as the muds...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad