• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Gonchar

New to Bronco II, lots of questions

I replaced the voltage regulator in mine and it actually ran a little smoother. Didn't chug as much while accelerating and kinda got rid of the twitching/jerking it'd do at idle
  2. Gonchar

New Headlights, Still Too Dim

Alright guys, the voltage regulator has been replaced, but it made things worse. I didn't find much at all about how to replace one, so I'll put it out there for someone else. 1.) Remove both bolts holding the alternator to the bracket, one up top and a long, backwards bolt at the bottom (head...
  3. Gonchar

The lenses aren't even a year old yet, so they're crystal clear
  4. Gonchar

Makes sense to me? How do you adjust a belt? When I took off my power steering pump, there was a bolt i could turn to move the whole assembly left or right to loosen or tighten the belt. Is it the same thing for everything else that's belt driven on these things? How tight should it be?
  5. Gonchar

Not sure if resurrecting a thread is a bad thing or not, but I figured I'd add some things. I got my alternator tested at O'Reilly, and the voltage regulator kept failing, which I think is what could be causing my issues. It's an internal voltage regulator, right? I ordered the internal one for...
  6. Gonchar

This is for the passenger side: https://www.jcwhitney.com/details/Ford/Bronco_II/Replacement/Headlight/1989/XLT/6_Cyl_2-dot-9L/20-1670-00.html#plpslot1 This is for the driver side...
  7. Gonchar

Side Mouldings?

I watched a couple guys do some custom bondo/fiberglass work, so maybe I could try that if nothing else. Won't be until way later, though. What about those roof spoilers that pop up every so often? Are those rare too? I couldn't even find a picture of one for a B2, but here's one on a school bus
  8. Gonchar

Lowering Springs on a 4x4?

Where can I get more info on the ball joint thing? Don't think I've ever heard of it. The t-case with a diff sounds cool, but I know that my junkyard doesn't have one, so might be a while before I even see one. Why should look for one, though?
  9. Gonchar

I only bought the headlight housings, I guess I should have specified that. Everything else is factory, including the type of bulb. Probably not the factory bulb in there, but they're not HIDs and hey're not projectors. Is it even possible to install them upside down?
  10. Gonchar

Sometimes I notice the gauge bouncing around. Sometimes it's just fine, the needle sits right above half while driving and while idling. Other times it's fine while driving, but dips below half at idle. When it goes below half, all of my lights get a little dimmer. When I give it some gas, they...
  11. Gonchar

It's going to be a pavement princess for sure. I'm just trying to get that protouring/80s NASCAR stance. I was thinking about cutting the bumpstops, too. I also want to be able to drive this thing daily and as comfortably as possible while still achieving my goal. It took me a minute to...
  12. Gonchar

I bought new headlights from Eagle Eye for my Bronco 2, and when I first put them in and tried them, they obviously needed to be adjusted. However, they are now adjusted all the way up and all the way out, and they still kinda suck. With my low beams on, I can probably see 30ish feet ahead of...
  13. Gonchar

My goal for my truck is for it to be an OEM+, lowered, and for it to still have 4WD. I know there probably isn't a whole lot of room between the TTB and the bumpstops, but wouldn't the added stiffness of the springs help protect my front end from constant abuse?
  14. Gonchar

Bronco 2 Rear Hatch Swap

Not for sure doing this yet, but I'm seriously considering it. I really want a rear wiper for my Bronco 2, and the junkyard in my town has one with everything I think I need. I don't think I really need help with this, but I guess I'm just looking to see how much work this would take, what the...
  15. Gonchar

Side Mouldings?

Not sure on the correct terminology for these, but I'm talking about the side skirt/fiberglass mudflap things that the Bronco 2 XLS came with. Are these sold anywhere online? I want a set of them, but I'm thinking I'll probably have to cut off that chunk of the body to get it.
  16. Gonchar

Locking hub delete?

I was just wondering if i could have a hub setup that wasn't so huge. Maybe try to make something? I was looking at this thing. It's obviously 2WD 2 more things: 1.)How much space is there between the front suspension and the bump stops at stock height? 2.)Can I buy the ground effects on...
  17. Gonchar

Locking hub delete?

I want to get new wheels, but don't want the huge locking hubs sticking out. I see some Rangers and B2s that have wheels with center holes way smaller than mine. Obviously there are differences between 2WD and 4WD, but I thought all the hub bores were the same for the second gens?
  18. Gonchar

Difficulties

Logged back on after 5 or 6 months. I got a notification saying I had left some fields empty on my profile that were now required. I had a hard time actually getting to the My Profile page, and google searches didn't help. Couldn't access the forums or anything either unless I signed out first...
  19. Gonchar

Lowering a 4x4 Bronco 2

I've got a 1990 Ford Bronco 2 4x4, and I'd like to lower it. As far as I know, no one has done this, so when I google ways to do it, I only get ways to lift it. I was thinking about using lowering springs, but I don't know enough about them to do that. Also, since I'm on a budget, bags aren't an...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad