• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ford and chevy t-bars

i just read an interesting post on another forum, asking, are ford and chevy t-bars interchangeable? Somebody answered, some are, chevy 2500 are compatible with f-150. Is this possible ? is it possible to use f-150 bars on a ranger, I would have no idea how to check/measure.:icon_confused:
  2. Wheel spacers ?

Are there any advantages/disadvantages to wheel spacers ? Are they hard on the spindles etc? Are they JUST for looks or do they serve a purpose? Thanks for any input ..
  3. direct bolt on ?

I'm looking to buy Bilstein 5100 and was asked if my rear shock bolts are 1/2", I don't have a clue and I have looked all over on this site and google, closest i found was a 2001 2wd uses 15mm. So anybody have a close questimate ? I don't have a micrometer , but best I can figure it's about...
  4. 5r55 ?

When you down shift by pulling the shift lever down from D to 2, what gear are you actually in 3 or 2nd ? I'm assuming if you start off with the shift indicator in 2 you start off in second and it's locked in second but what happens to 3rd ? Can you not lock in 3rd ? Very confusing :icon_confused:
  5. The Archery Thread

Wish it looked like that here now.. not so much, hurry up spring:yahoo:
  6. Thank you !

Jim Oaks and TRS staff , I hope I have another good year to enjoy this great site :yahoo:
  7. mini-compact-midsize ?

Hi guys... been looking, google trs, frf, and not finding any consistent info on our trucks, generally, what do y'all feel our Rangers are size wise? I think they are midsize. I have owned many 70' vintage 150's and 250's , compared to todays 150/250 trucks they were much smaller in stature...
  8. 1354 m and live axles

I know this question has been asked many times, here we go again , 2000 a/t live axles, can I swap a 1354e for a 1354m relatively easy ? Basically cut a hole in the floor for the shifter ?
  9. VW diesel engines

I read this morning that VW owners are having a hard time reselling their cars, I'm curious , which diesel engines would work in our ranger should these owners/dealers have to scrap the vehicles. Seems like a great opportunity to do a diesel swap in the next year or two...whaddya think ?:popcorn:
  10. Pop up camper/expo trailer or bed topper

Need more info... are you desert camping , mountain camping wheeling and camping , lot of types of camping , what are you thinking /probably whats your girl like to do ? thats probably most important ..:icon_rofl:
  11. Pop up camper/expo trailer or bed topper

what 's your drive train /4x4 ? What's your expectations ?
  12. a/c with saginaw ps pump

I'm gathering info on a saginaw ps swap on my 00' 4.0 with a/c. After looking in tech library, I see the ps bracket recommended does not appear to accommodate the stock a/c. I've looked all over at different mounts with no luck. Has anybody done this mod and kept stock a/c ? Thanks for input.
  13. 4.0 ohv TSB

I just read on another site, ford has a TSB on 4.0 ohv and some years of the 4.0 sohc to use 5W30 instead of 5W20 which is in pretty much all owners manuals. I can't find any such TSB..?
  14. transmission lines

Do all vehicle auto transmission return lines go in the top of the radiator?
  15. Auto trans overheating

I have a Hughs Performance built e4od extra deep sump [I think it holds 2+extra quarts ] large cooler , just installed a temp gauge , pulling a long grade a while back the temp got up to 280* I got a little nervous but made it over the pass and it cooled down fairly quickly, normal cruising...
  16. your truck camping

I like your rig, Do you know how much it weighs dry ?Did you install air bags on the rear?
  17. Include ambient temp..?

I just installed a trans temperature gauge on a Hughs Performance built 1992 E4oD in a f-350 with a big cabover camper [2000#=/-, anyway, I googled trans temp, on a Ford forum a couple of guys said you should include ambient air temperature ? Kinda makes NO sense to me, most posts read 150*-...
  18. "Humility" is it dead?

First off , I have always enjoyed thought provoking conversation. Humility? There are many things through life that bring upon humility, the death of a loved one, the size of the universe compared to the earth or an illness that sets us back on our heels. [some on this forum including myself...
  19. price on cat's seems high...?

Hey guys.. I have to replace both front cats on my 2000 4.0 ohv and the best price I can find is $200 each, does that sound right...? Dang California emissions:bawling I guess it is what it is.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad