• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Fuel pump reset '08 Mazda B4000

OK, I know where the fuel pump reset is in a Ranger (behind passenger's kick panel). Where is it in a '08 Mazda B4000 (or 08-11 Ranger)? I've pulled the cover for the fuse box off on passenger's kick panel, but no reset. And yes, the calendar girl for December is no more (but I at least want...
  2. Happy Mother's Day

To all the mom's out there. Mom upside down is Wow.
  3. Dual tanks, 98+ Ranger

Rangers had option for dual tanks, but that ended with the '89s. And it doesn't seem to be limited to Ranger, F-150 dual tanks went away post '96 too. What do I need to put dual tanks in my '98+ Ranger? Tank with fuel pump and fuel level sensor Switch and selector from '96 F-150? Electrical...
  4. 5th wheel?

Cute? Travelaire W186: Hitch weight 639 lbs, 5th wheel hitch 165lbs = 804lbs total Payload capacity of 1,350lbs - lots left for driver and passenger Trailer weight 2,875lbs, B4000 has auto and 4.10 gears = GCWR 9,500 lbs, which in theory it allows 5,560 lbs of trailer, even subtracting...
  5. 5r55w in '99

Can one put a 5R55W into a '99 Ranger without PCM or GEM having heart failure? Truck currently has blown 5R55E.
  6. ABS kicking in

Over the weekend I swapped the rear axle in wife's Explorer Sport as existing axle was howling. I removed the brakes from old axle and transplanted to new so lines were never opened. I did initially forget to reconnect the differential sensor but realized real quick when ABS light stayed on...
  7. Modern Technology

So, while I was waiting for Ford to come out with Ranger, I bought and F-150. Went to in-laws, 15 miles of gravel roads to their place at end of 800km drive, then same back. Some place in there, a stone clipped an ABS sensor. So, the truck lost anti lock brakes (message flashed on screen)...
  8. 10 Million Mustangs

I haven't seen this anywhere else on Forum: https://www.ctvnews.ca/autos/ford-celebrates-production-of-10-million-mustang-sports-cars-1.4045219 Personal attachment to Mustang: At our wedding, my wife's car was '82 GT; best man's car was '66, One of my brother's drove his '88, the other his '76...
  9. Volkswagen Tanoak

From the 2018 New York Auto Show: http://driving.ca/volkswagen/atlas/auto-shows/new-york-auto-show/volkswagens-tanoak-concept-is-an-atlas-based-pickup-truck Market place is getting really busy...
  10. LA Autoshow

No new Ranger in initial debuts at the LA Auto show... And hot off winning Motor Trend's 2018 Truck of the year with the redesigned F-150, Ford brings 2 XLs to the show?! They have a Raptor, an F250 Lariat and an F-350 Platinum Supercrew dually (the $100k truck), too. But why not the mid...
  11. Torsen in rear too?

So, I have have to swap gears on front differential from one housing to another because of corrosion/my ham fist nature. So, will be doing Torsen in front. For the rear, I have 5 choices: 1. Do nothing (leave Ranger 8.8 with 4.10s/open alone) 2. Install Explorer axle (will need to swap the...
  12. Squirrel get Superlift

I got a Superlift for a decent price, so this is semi build thread for my '98 s/c. I, of course, do things backwards and installed the rear lift first. And I saw the picture from 4wheeler.com where the bump stop was over the lift block, so that's how I installed (who reads instructions...
  13. What to build...

Option A: Tandem Ranger, 6x2 initially, upgrading to 6x4 (both rear axles driving) once the bodywork is sorted out. Option B: SuperCab on Regular frame, box shortened to fit; T-Bird IRS. Justification for both/either is to be different.
  14. 7.5" 3.55 gears

Real or Unicorn? Looking for axle code 85 or F5. If it doesn't exist; I will stop wasting my time and start looking for 95/F5; the 8.8" equivalent. Don
  15. TorqueMonsterHeaders

Has anyone heard if Al's Headers is still making the Torque Monsters Headers? I don't want to do a whole lot of engine work if I'm going to be limited to stock exhaust. Let me know.
  16. Lil Blue

The truck: Lil Blue - '98 Ford Ranger Splash, 5spd and seized 3.0. The plan: Replace the M5ODR1 with M5ODR2 Install 5.0l. 8.8" with discs is on future's list. The conundrum: I can get sweetheart deal on a '98 Explorer. But reading the swap page, that 5.0 doesn't have the return less fuel...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad