• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. How to clean a mass air flow sensor on 2002, 3 l ranger.

Clean a mass air flow sensor on 2002, 3 liter, automatic, 2wd ranger....
  2. wheel adornmaents

What is the official name of the pressed-on stainless-steel designs that occupy the center of a Ranger rim...2002, and does one need special equipment to remove them...? (I tried a search for "glamour rings"....86.) Thanx for any info.
  3. Trim rings

I have the standard Ranger trim rings on a 2002 XLT extra cab. One of my rims rusted through, doesn't hold air. Is there magic, or a secret to getting the trim rings off old rim...put on new rim...? Thanx for any info.
  4. OIL FILTER REDUX

Is there a secret to lining up a new oil filter with the screw post and screwing it on..? Engine is 3.0 L, where the filter plate is tucked under the exhaust manifold. When it's time for an oil change, I start to panic...last time took about a half hour to get the filter aligned for screw on. I...
  5. Oil Filters

Is there a Ford (or any) vehicle whose oil filter is interchangeable with a 2002, 3.0L, Ranger...? Store had no filter book only the digital video game look-up box. Showed all trucks, all years, no Rangers. Will anything else fit...? It's a convenient store as I live in the boonies. Thanx
  6. Too many cranks to start

Until this week (hot), my 2002 XLT, 3.0, automatic, positraction would fire up immediately. Now it cranks longer before starting. Where's the first place to look? (The alternator is charging about 0.2 volts under specs.) Any suggestions appreciated.
  7. Wanted Center Cap

Looking for a center cap for a 2002 XLT, or where I may find one. It is the one that has the simulated bolts around center piece. Thanx... Charlie
  8. Heater hose woes

2002, XLT, 3.0L. QUES : Do I need the small diameter hose, which comes off the side of the black plastic "T", that is on the larger hose that goes from housing to heater core...? I assume it's a bypass...? I only drive the truck in summer. Thanx for any info.
  9. Survey

Would like to know what is the record in days, weeks, months......for driving with a "humming" front wheel bearing...? Just curious.
  10. Hub...bearings or both....?

RE: tire noise of a previous thread. Is there a way to determine...by sound only...if wheels noises are bearings or hub, or both...? Have only one vehicle, so have to purchase parts before doing the repair. (Maybe I should buy it all, and return what I don't use).....but I'm sure there is a way...
  11. tire noise...?

Have what sounds like tire noise....but doesn't change on different pavements. Engine speed has no effect....only truck speed. My first thought was a wheel bearing, but it isn't the type of sound I've always associated with wheel bearings....isn't constant....is slightly oscillating, and not...
  12. Rear door latches.

Are right and left rear door latches interchangeable....? 2002,Extra cab Ranger. Thanx.
  13. Speedo / odo

Are the speedo and odometer on a 2002 Ranger calibrated together......so that a speedo that is reading higher than the actual speed is putting more miles on the vehicle....?
  14. Rear door on 4-door extra cab

Wondering where to find a rear door latch for a Ranger Extra Cab...? The driver side rear door is stuck...common...interior lights on..."door ajar" dash light on...etc. The dealer quoted about $150....yikes. Are right and left interchangeable...? There's a right-side at a bone yard for $15..I...
  15. Front engine noise

It's the common dilemma: Noise from either the fan belt, idler pulley, pulley alignment, cam sensor, tensioner....et al. Would the fact that the noise in my 3.0L occurs ONLY when idling...and that increasing the RPM by 100 or less, stops the noise...help narrow down the possible cause of the...
  16. Speedometer Servo

Anyone know how to ID the speedo servo wire on a 2002 Ranger transmission...? 3.0L, automatic, 2 wheel drive. There're are many wires attached to the tranny...none on the tailshaft, some on top of the tranny. Any color hints...or special ID help...? My speedo needle flutters, and is 4+ mph...
  17. Speedometer trouble 2002 Ranger

Can't seem to find any posts about speedometers after 2000. I've a 2002, 2 wheel drive, automatic. Speedo needle fluctuates, and is 4 MPH off....don't know how to recognize the speedo sensor on the output shaft, so I can test it. Many wires there...in a bunch, on the left side of trans case...
  18. Rear door latches

Are the rear door latches side-specific....right latch won't work on left...? 2002 XLT 4 door.
  19. AC compressor cycling

2002 Ranger, XLT, 3.0 L, Auto, 4-door. AC compressor keeps cycling every 3 or 4 seconds...on...off...on...off....etc., ONLY if compartment vent-selector switch is on....ANY position....(NOT the blower switch). If the switch is off....no cycling of compressor.....Sensor...? Relay...
  20. Rear door latches

Could someone tell me which years rear door latches for a Ranger Super Cab are compatible with 2002....? Thanks Much Charlie.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad