• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. wildbill23c

New to Me HD Pickup

I have a 2008 Ford Explorer with the 4.6L V8, and supposedly a 7k tow rating...however, with my small tractor and implements loaded on my 7 x 18 trailer, the Explorer wasn't too happy pulling it...so I started searching around and found a 1999 F250 SD with the 6.8L V10. So far I've done the...
  2. wildbill23c

2008 Ford Explorer Wowes

Well unfortunately at 132k miles on my 08 Eddie Bauer 4.6L V8 4x4 Explorer the ABS control module failed, no replacements out there, can't order one, I guess there's a place or 2 if you go through Rock Auto you can send them to be rebuilt, but what good is that if you can't install it yourself...
  3. wildbill23c

A4LD Alternative? No Manual Swap This Time

Is there a better alternative to the A4LD that'll swap into an 80's Ranger or Bronco 2? Keeping with an automatic for this possible, upcoming work. I thought a C3 or C5 would work, but if I recall in a previous mention that some modifications would have to be done to the shifter assembly as...
  4. wildbill23c

Finally Found a Camper Shell for my 87 Long Bed Ranger...woohoo...BUT!!!!!!!!!!

I ran across an ad on Craigslist for a camper shell off a 98 Ford Ranger....couldn't tell by the photos in the ad what size bed it was for. Luckily it was about 5 miles from home. Went down and looked at it and yep, its a 7 foot shell. They stored it sitting on the back end, which apparently...
  5. wildbill23c

Wiring Diagram For Rear Defrost

I believe the rear defrost on my 88 Bronco 2 needs the grid itself replaced, however it would be nice to have a diagram showing the wiring, switch, relay, etc. that feeds the heating grid on the back window. Any place to find this? My Haynes manual doesn't seem to have anything of use for this.
  6. wildbill23c

Missed a Set of 15" Wheels due to a bank glitch

I had found a set of 15" wheels Saturday, figured well if they're still there on payday I'll go get them...got to thinking today (Sunday) I probably should just take the $250 out of the savings and go get them as trying to find that style of wheel is pretty hard they don't leave anything this...
  7. wildbill23c

Any options for D28 Limited slip Without Changing Axles?

I've decided that I want to do an extremely mild upgrade to my 88 Bronco 2 as I'm going to be using it for camping and other backroads type driving so I would like to put a locker in the rear and find something for the front. As I've researched this, nothing comes up except for a very rare...
  8. wildbill23c

88 Bronco 2, no headlights unless you switch from low to high beam, then they work fine

So this morning when I went to turn on the lights, all I got were the front side and rear marker and parking lights, no headlights. Thought that's odd, flipped the high beam switch and they came on and flipped it back to low beam and the headlights stay on like nothing is wrong, but after I...
  9. wildbill23c

87 Ranger Erratic Idle and Occasional Stalling when electrical accessories turned on

So my 87 seems to have developed an erratic idle and occasionally will stall at idle with lights, and heater fan blower running. Does it when wipers are turned on as well. My guess would be alternator and/or battery? Anything else that would cause that?
  10. wildbill23c

2008 Explorer, How To Remove Instrument Cluster to Replace Burned Out Bulbs

How do you remove the instrument cluster on a 2008 Explorer to replace burned out bulbs? Looks like the bulbs for the fuel gauge and coolant temp gauge are both burned out or they did a lousy job of illuminating them. Can't see either one at night even with the dimmer turned all the way up.
  11. wildbill23c

BW4411 Transfer Case Confusion

According to research my 2008 Ford Explorer 4.6L V8 has the BW4411 transfer case. ADSM08 mentioned in another post that the transfer case only uses a magnetic clutch in 4Auto, but uses the typical sliding collar for high and low range. However, after reading online it seems the magnetic clutch...
  12. wildbill23c

Goodbye 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee....Hello 2008 Ford Explorer

Everything checked out on the Explorer today, so I left my Jeep at the dealership and brought home a 2008 Eddie Bauer Explorer with the 4.6L V8.
  13. wildbill23c

Possible 2008 Explorer 4.6L Purchase, Educate Me Please

I have found a 2008 Ford Explorer 4x4 with the 4.6L V8 that I am probably going to go look at as I need something newer & more reliable than my 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I love the Grand Cherokee's 4WD but the mechanical issues are pissing me off. Anyways, the Explorer like I said has the...
  14. wildbill23c

What was your Pick A Part Find Today?

I picked up a set of almost new Cooper 215/70-R14's plus matching wheels and center caps for my 87 Ranger for $140....The wheels and center caps need to be cleaned up, but for $140 I can do a bit of cleaning...now I have 6 of that style of wheel so a couple of spare wheels.
  15. wildbill23c

Is there a transfer case with full time and part time modes that would swap into a Ranger/Bronco2?

Been wondering this for a while if there is a transfer case out there with full time and part time 4WD modes that would swap into a Ranger or Bronco 2? The roads in the winter here in Idaho are forever changing so having a full time 4WD setting would be great, just engage it and forget it, and...
  16. wildbill23c

Towing Or Hauling, What's Harder On Drivetrain?

A couple days ago I hauled a bunch of building materials home which was enough weight to make the truck sit level, I could tell the weight was back there and guess around 600-700lbs. I believe probably close to max capacity of the truck. Take off you could really tell stuff was there, but once...
  17. wildbill23c

Plugs Under Center Of Dash 1987 Ranger

Does anyone know what the plugs are supposed to be for under the center of the dash area in an 87 Ranger & 88 Bronco 2? On my Bronco 2 the 2 wire plug is connected to something and wires run down under the carpet somewhere, the 2 plugs in the Ranger aren't occupied by anything. What are they...
  18. wildbill23c

Rear Hatch Handle Replacement, Now How do I lock the Hatch?

As far as I can tell there was never a lock mechanism in the rear hatch in my 88 Bronco 2....there was a key slot in the original handle but it didn't go to anything, and there's nothing internal on that hatch that locks....anything I can get to secure that hatch? Now that its really easy to...
  19. wildbill23c

Any Point of Swapping An Axle to get the Limited Slip Differential? 1988 Bronco 2

Last week I ran across an 86 Bronco 2 in the Pick A Part and a quick check of the door sticker shows an axle code D4 and referencing the section in the tech library tells me its the 3.73 L/S. My current 88 B2 has the 3.73 (Code 44) open diff....is there any real good reason for a daily driver...
  20. wildbill23c

Bad To Worse Coolant Leak From Timing Cover 2.9L V6

Thought I was making progress on the Ranger it was running good after the IAC replacement, took it out on a drive today and pulled off the highway to a rest area got out and I had coolant pouring out from under the truck. Thought at first the water pump, but it looks like it is coming from the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad