• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dual sport on a hitch mount carrier AND a 450lb street bike in bed?

Hey Guys, Any opinions on running on the highway for 400 miles with a 350 dual sport on a hitch carrier and a sport bike in the bed of the truck? I actually have helper springs that bring my level payload to about 800lb i think.
  2. 2008 Ranger upper control arm looks nothing like parts diagram

4x4 with Tbars So, changed my upper control arms yesterday, and it didn't look much like the parts diagram at all... https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/suspension/chassis-parts/arm-assy-front-suspension-7816245-1 My bolts looked like normal bolts, there was no cam washer or cam bolt, and the...
  3. Why is it necessary to change torsion bar key on 2008+ rangers?

just curious? why is it not just a matter of adjusting the bolt like it is in the earlier ones? Is the bolt already at it's max setting?
  4. Another slave cylinder thread...

So, I am trying to diagnose a problem. I have a 2008 4x4 with only 100 000km on it. That is probably 60/40 highway and town. Very slowly it has been harder and harder to get into gear at a stop light. Sometimes it is perfectly easy and normal, other times I have to really struggle. I figure I...
  5. Crazy Question: Can a bad front wheel hub/bearing cause shifting probs ('08 4x4)

Now, obviously, common sense says "absolutely not". But, i swear there is some sort of connection. I had a REALLY bad passenger side bearing. Truck would hardly move (thought e brake was stuck on). I think i didn't notice it quickly because the roads are so rough where I live. Anyway, when i...
  6. 08, 4.0 4x4: Very faint "rattle" goes away when i push in clutch

So, the truck is relatively new to me, the newest truck i've ever owned. It only has 70 000km on it... so about 40 000 miles. I changed the tranny fluid when i bought it (this summer), and all the other fluid looks fine. Either way, whether i am at idle or driving, i hear a very faint rattle...
  7. m50d - are they all hard to shift?

I've had 3 rangers with an m5od. Well, my current is is an HD. they've all had the occaisional hard shifting issue.(hard to get into first or reverse). Two of them have had well over 150 000 miles, but, my current only had about 40 000 miles, and the same thing. My only other manual cars have...
  8. Towing a small trailer caused a weird problem. Thoughts?

Okay. I have a 2008 4x4 5speed. It only has 70000km (45000miles). It has 3:73 gearing. I've only owned it for a couple months. The previous owner never towed with it. Yesterday I installed a hitch so I could pick up my 3-500 pound single snowmobile trailer (empty) It was pulling fine but at...
  9. Tire squeal or clutch? 08 4.0 SOHC 5 Speed

Has anyone encountered a problem with the engine/tranny where letting off the clutch going into from first causes a little squeal that sounds exactly like tires? If i let off the clutch just right i can avoid the sound. I'm thinking it could be the tires, but it seems to happen on gravel just...
  10. Special way to remove lower ball joint?

So, my haynes manual has nothing for a 2008 lower ball joint w/ torsion bar. however i did as much research as i could and it seemed all i really needed was a balljoint press. although i coulda used a small sludge, i didnt want to accidentally mess up my control arm. I rented a press kit from...
  11. Opinions on towing with high mileage transmission

I have a 2003 fx4 auto with 340 000 km (200k miles) on it. The engine and rear diff have about half that. The transmission seems to work OKAY. Sometimes under hard acceleration from a stop (pulling from a stop sign when cold) it slips and slams into second. but that is very occasional and only...
  12. Weird: Vibration when stopped in D only in 4x4

So, as the title says... When i'm fully stopped and in 4x4 i can feel a vibration and hum coming from the drivetrain area (tranny, transfer case, i'm not sure) I guess it could do with the flywheel and torque converter some how? but why would being in 4x4 affect that? For what its worth, i...
  13. Transmission cooler lines

Surprisingly, there are no videos on replacing these suckers. I would even consider making a video if it was -25 out! Anyway, I was curious if anyone has ever done these? Is a special tool necessary? For the end that goes into the Rad it seems like it a but that keeps it on, similar to a brake...
  14. Have 4:10 gearing and stock tires - will larger tires improve fuel economy

Hi, I am now on my 4th ranger, this time a 2003 fx4 off road. I am planning on going from the 245/75r16 to 265/70/r16 That would be going from 30.5" diameter to 31.6" diameter. According to the fuel economy / gearing / tire chart that should improve my fuel economy. is this true? Weight...
  15. Here's an odd one, or may not: Brake lights

So, my brake lights are stuck on, along with my ABS light, which i assume is tripped because the lights themselves are stuck on. I took the brake switch off and checked it with my ammeter, and for some reason there seems to be continuity between the male terminals on the switch, without the...
  16. Pinion bearing going bad, even though no play?

So I had my clutch done after pulling a smaller trailer on a clutch that was on its way out (though that is another story) Anyways, once I got it back I had some bad rear end "whirring" noise, one might say rubbing. All i know is it is most noticeable at low speeds, but speeds up with the rear...
  17. repost from 4wd: stuck in 4 low after changing clutch!

I had a mechanic do a clutch job on my truck, when i went to pick it up, it was stuck, or seems to be stuck in 4 low. Both lights are out on the 4x4 system, but illuminate as they should when I press them. Anyone have an idea? I left it with the mechanic, he did not disagree, so will be...
  18. Stuck in 4 low after replace clutch

I had a mechanic do a clutch job on my truck, when i went to pick it up, it was stuck, or seems to be stuck in 4 low. the light is out on the 4x4 system, and even when i put it in 4 low and then take it out it makes no difference. Anyone have an idea? I left it with the mechanic, he did not...
  19. Anyone ever buy after-market UJoints for Dana 28 front axles?

I can't get a clear isea of what product number to get that's not Ford OEM (i'm in Canada so try multiplying US OEM price by 3 or 4). Anyone know a MOOG number? the closest I could get is 369, but that seems like the width is off...
  20. Rear wheel bearing

I've got a 93 4X4 ranger, I was under the impression that there is only one rear wheel bearing (the one you remove with a slide hammer). Is there another, i.e. an inner AND outer? any help would be appreciate before i get under there!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad