• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. For Sale 1992 4.0 4x4 d30 SAS needs a home!

The time has come to find a new owner for my SAS'd 1992. 4.0 v6 98,000 miles Leaf sprung high steer Dana 30 SAS 31-spline explorer 8.8, locked c5 trans sitting on 35x12.5r15 tires The reason for selling is that the truck served it's purpose to me. I wanted to build a SAS Ranger for the...
  2. C5 swap- cable linkage problems

Howdy y'all- been a long time since active. I'm in the middle of swapping a c5 auto from an 84 ranger into my 92 ranger, in the home stretch now. I'm having troubles with my kickdown cable and shifter cable. I have a b&m unimatic shifter. I have already flipped the shift lever to the "down"...
  3. CrankyJew's Dirt Cheap 1992 d30 SAS

howdy yall- been a while away from TRS. had a 1994 ranger splash that was rolled, followed by a 2002 fx4 that was wrecked. Currently my dd is a 2004 sport trac, with about 4" of lift on 33's. the itch to get back into an early ranger and build a trail rig has been strong. picked up a 1992...
  4. Oil Pressure Gauge Points at Speedo.

Howdy all- Hoping you can provide me some guidance. After searching forums I've found similar issues but none like mine. 04 Sport Trac, 4.0 motor. My oil pressure dummy gauge points at the speedo most of the time. When I start the truck, the gauge always moves. Or, sometimes, it "quivers,"...
  5. 3" tailpipe for 4.0 sohc

howdy all. crashed the ranger earlier this week. winter sucks. so, time for a new girl. leaning pretty heavily towards an 04 sport trac. i like the four doors, the polymer bed, and the fact that mechanically they are almost identical to rangers. once i find one i like, first order of business...
  6. Torsen Rear End... in non-Fx4 Ranger?

howdy y'all - Did the 31-spline 8.8 with the Torsen LSD ever end up in a non-Fx4 truck? I've got an 02 Ranger.. When I got the truck about two years ago, she had the yellow and blue factory bilstein shocks, but no Fx4 badges or stickers, and a 4L10 on the diff tag, which led me to believe it...
  7. New Ranger; source for new seats?

hey all, a month or so ago I rolled my 94 Splash. Country road, hit some ice and slush, various spinning across the road ensued, hit a muddy ditch going sideways. my rear leaves broke, and suddenly I was upside down. Things could have been worse, nobody got hurt. Now I've got a 2002 xlt...
  8. help me with my exhaust leak!

yeah, I realize I posted about this leak a few months back. Same thing, the joint between my y-pipe and the catalytic is wide open. bolts rusted to nothing, flanges useless. I was looking at just replacing the gasket, until I realized that there's not much of either flange left to clamp the...
  9. gasket between cat and y-pipe- impossible?

hey all when i bought my truck it was loud as all hell. the egr tube was gone, and leaks all over the place. since then, I've replaced the muffler, the egr system, and sealed a leak between the y-pipe and manifold. all that's left is the gasket between the first catalytic and the y-pipe. it's...
  10. Bench seat options.

howdy all. I'd like to put a bench seat into my truck. 94 reg cab. the buckets in there now have cigarette burns and look as muddy as the roads i drive on, and i prefer a bench seat in a truck anyway. I'm wondering what my options are. I'm looking at an easy drop-in sort of job here...
  11. Code Help: Code #32 on my 1994

So a week or so ago I got a check engine light after an hour or so trip on the the thruway. I just ran the paper-clip, engine off test and pulled codes 111, 32 and 11. My understanding is the 111 and 11 is all-okay. The tech library tells me that a code 32 on a engine-off, key-on test means that...
  12. Hello from Buffalo

howdy gents I've been creeping on these forums for quite some time now, figured it was about time to sign up and get postin'. So, hello all. Name's Zach. :icon_cheers: Picked my truck up a few weeks ago for a steal, a 94 Ranger Splash 4x4 with the 4.0 v6. I read somewhere on this site that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad