• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Broosedamoose

Intermittent No Crank

I've been having this issue for about 4-5 weeks and can't track it down! The truck will be starting fine but then I'll go to start it and it won't crank. Let it be for a bit and it will crank. No rhyme or reason to it. Does it when it's cold, does it when it's warmed up and it doesn't matter...
  2. Broosedamoose

Slipping LSD

My truck originally came with an open differential with 3:73’s. I took the LSD from my totaled truck (03 FX4 Off-Road) and put it in this truck (07 XLT). My old truck never spun going around corners in the rain and would kick the ass end out if I have it some throttle. It would always light up...
  3. Broosedamoose

M90 Install

So I decided to start my own thread rather than to keep highjacking another one. I've just had to drop in a replacement engine due to the original starting to rattle pretty bad. The new engine has 84k miles on it. I decided to put the M90 supercharger on it using the Moddbox kit. I found an M90...
  4. Broosedamoose

$30k For A Paint Job????

I’ve been looking for a shop to paint my truck and it’s proven difficult to find a shop that will do a complete paint job! They all say there is more money in doing insurance work. However, I found a shop today that does restoration work and they told me it would be about $30k!!! That’s crazy...
  5. Broosedamoose

Gauge Pod

Is there a decent gauge pod that will fit the Ranger pillar once the handle is removed? I've tried two different ones and they did not fit right.
  6. Broosedamoose

Hood Decals

I may have the ability to get the hood decals. The ones the go one the side of the hood contor the read 4.0L SOHC or whatever you want. I just need to know if there are enough people intested in them. I don't know the price yet. It depends on how many people are interested. If there are enough...
  7. Broosedamoose

$10k to spend

So after selling the house, I have $10k to spend on a truck. My two options are, 1- Keep my 2007 and rebuild the engine for performance or plant a 302 in it. Problems with building the 4.0 are the timing chains and finding performance parts. Problems with the 302 are pretty well known. Since my...
  8. Broosedamoose

5R55E Max Horsepower

I found a local shop that said they can make a set of Stage 3 heads for me and then dyno tune the PCM. "Supposedly" they have done them for the V6 Mustangs and achieved an average of 35-40 Hp over stock. That seems like a lot from just porting/polishing the heads and re-grinding the cams but...
  9. Broosedamoose

Rebuild or Replace

So, I've been threw quite a few threads looking for info. I think I have the answer but I would like some opinions. My 07 has 265k on it and it needs the timing chains done (started rattling recently). I've looked at remanufactured engines as well as rebuild kits. It's expensive either way and...
  10. Broosedamoose

Blown Head Gasket or Cracked Head?

This is on my 2007 Ranger XLT. I'm getting a "Misfire: Cylinder 4" and the coolant reservoir is overflowing at times. Sometimes when it's been idling for a bit, it will start skipping and making like a popping sound and steam starts pouring out the exhaust! I just had the heads replaced about...
  11. Broosedamoose

Sudden Rattling After Oil Change

So I changed my oil the other day and the Oil Light started flickering from time to time. That has stopped. But now I have a rattle! It rattles when fist started after sitting for a while. It also rattles as the RPM's peak right before a shift. Not all the time though! Is it possible I just have...
  12. Broosedamoose

Window Won't Go Down

My drivers side window suddenly won't go down. It went up fine and I can hear the motor strain when I hit the UP side of the switch. The passenger side works fine. I already checked the relay and that's not the problem. Also, the switch assembly is only a month old because I was having issues...
  13. Broosedamoose

Inductive Signature

While looking for a TCC Solenoid (for a 5R55E) I noticed some said "With Inductive Signature" and others did not. Is there a difference?
  14. Broosedamoose

Grill Chrome Removal

I want to paint my chrome grill black but a friend of mine said to just use lacquer thinner and wipe it right off. He said it works a lot better than painting. Has anyone tried this? My fear is that the lacquer thinner would eat into the plastic as well as the chrome!
  15. Broosedamoose

Sudden No Start Issue

So twice I've turned the key to start the truck and it pause a second before turning over and starting. This morning I turned the key and nothing happened! I held the key in the start position for a few seconds hoping it would start but no luck. The last time something like this happened it...
  16. Broosedamoose

SOHC Nitrous Limit

I put a dry nitrous kit on my 07 Ranger 4.0 and I'm wondering about the bottom end. I read a few post that said the pistons were only good for up to 7-9 Lbs of boost. When I first tested it I started with the 25 Hp shot and worked up to the 100 Hp shot datalogging each time. I know the general...
  17. Broosedamoose

Sudden Transmission Issue

The other day I was driving on a back road cruising at about 40 MPH when all of a sudden the RPM's started to climb and then there was a "clunk" and all was normal again. Well it happened again this morning. It feels like, if it were a manual, slowly pushing in the clutch and then sliding your...
  18. Broosedamoose

Adverse Affects of Gutting Cats

What would be the adverse effects of gutting or removing the cats on a 4.0 SOHC engine? I ask only because my neighbor has a friend who just put a Magnaflow Cat-Back exhaust on his 2005 Ranger and had the cats gutted. Apart from being illegal and creating pollution, won't it affect the engine...
  19. Broosedamoose

Gauge Needles

So I had all the backlight bulbs in my gauge cluster changed to LED's and now I can no longer see the needles at night! Could it be from the LED voltage effecting the other bulbs or should they have replaced those bulbs as well? What do you think is causing the needles to not illuminate?
  20. Broosedamoose

P0420-Catalyst System Below Threshold

So, now I'm getting this code! I cleared it out but it just comes back. My V8 Ranger is almost done and I really don't want to spend that kind of money where I'm going to sell it soon. You can buy just the one cat, you have to buy the whole dang Y-Pipe and it's expensive as heck! I know I can't...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad