• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. So, after 7 years or so I wanted to say hi...

Welcome back TRS! I haven't seen you in a while so thought I'd stop in to see who's still posting...already see a few names...alwaysFLOoReD and 85_Ranger4x4...wow you guys have staying power! I sold my rebuilt 1988 after finishing the mods I wanted but couldn't find a decent automatic to pair...
  2. Tire conundrum...learned something new...

BTW...that should read "conundrum" not sonundrum...:) Fixed. So I've been thinking about replacing the front tires on the Dodge Van...which is front wheel drive. I just had a long discussion with a tire replacement service center in town and they told me if I want to put two snow tires on the...
  3. Are sports playoffs rigged?

More looking for opinion and experience in these matters... I don't watch enough of the other leagues and mostly stick to hockey even though Toronto has teams in every major sport so I don't know if there is a pattern. I did a quick search and saw that this actually happens quite a bit around...
  4. It's Magic Jack...

NOTE: I just noticed that there is a Communications section below and this probably should go there instead of the General Discussions...if someone wants to move it...thanks! I've been looking for a less expensive alternative to my cell phone and ended up buying one of the MagicJackGo units. I...
  5. Anybody watch 24 with Keifer Sutherland?

I find the first series absolutely enthralling...it's the edge of the seat kind of drama/adventure that I find wanting to watch the whole season in one sitting...but I'm trying to stretch it out so I can savor the flavor...or savour the flavour as we say here... I actually wanted to slap the...
  6. Alive Inside -- video of seniors response to music

I remembered this video and thought it would interesting to anyone who has never heard of it before. If you have relatives or friends that are in similar situations it might give them some joy...just keep the volume down because not all old people are deaf...:) =NKDXuCE7LeQ
  7. Spring Break...

I think spring break should be the name of a new event for couples to celebrate their love. Just hop on that mattress together and make those springs break with a good healthy romp in the sack... The drugs are finally leaving my system...:popcorn: :yahoo: :icon_thumby:
  8. Chimes...

A friend gave me a set of chimes that were pretty beat up and I've been meaning to fix them up. I managed to rehang them from the original configuration and cleaned up the melted plastic that was on them...lol Like I said, they were beat up. Today I got them rehung in their original (proper)...
  9. The X Files...series...

Now I've done it! While browsing the library DVDs I found the X Files TV series collection...all the first years from one to seven... I borrowed years I and II for now because I think that will keep me busy and in wonder for several days... When the program was running I did watch many...
  10. The Arrow -0- Avro Arrow jet documentary

Anybody seen this? I watched it a few years ago but sat through it yesterday after talking to someone about it...had forgotten something and had to watch the whole show. It is three hours long so if you're on limited data internet...turn the resolution down to 240 or so and it will cut the data...
  11. On-line repair manual -- possible workaround

On-line repair manual -- working password I am editing this one to see if it can be done to update a title...but also because I found an alternative User ID and password... Try this to see if it gets you in... http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=url,uid User name = c3687625...
  12. Batteries...new or used...input appreciated

I just read another post about questionable battery function and was going to post in that but thought I would put it to the general population for input. Simple enough...there is a great Tech Article on batteries for anyone who doesn't have enough information floating in their gray matter...
  13. Lest we forget...

I wrote this poem this morning...thinking of my Dad and the years he spent in the RCAF...he was just one of many that I am thankful for... He rarely spoke of his service, And I learned he served many years. He sometimes talked of the friends he lost, Never mentioning the tears. Hard to...
  14. Public Service Announcement...of sorts...

I wish I had known this two years ago...and I had been looking for a good source of information on this to share with others...if you haven't seen this it might help you or someone else prevent a life threatening event or maybe save you from losing a leg or two...
  15. Why don't they make a Lazy Girl chair?

I don't know either...but maybe women prefer the Easy Chairs...which I wouldn't want my wife having (if I had a wife) because she might think it's OK to be an Easy woman...I would get her a recliner and she'd be inclined to hang around the home more...might be there more than I like but right...
  16. I'm a-political mostly...but I just read

where someone started a GoFundme to help Donald Trump get a Purple Hard-On.... Why doesn't he just squeeze it a bit more? Do you really want this guy leading your country when he doesn't even know how to choke a chicken?
  17. What is the psychological indications of

people who use emoticons in their posts? :icon_confused: I suppose I could search this on-line but I'd probably end up with a bunch of stories about BLM, LGBT and SS Marriage, or Pokemon Go F myself...:icon_bounceblue: I've always felt they were a good way to make yourself look friendly and...
  18. The reason you can't smile...

Today I received a letter from Service Ontario stating that the picture for my new license was not acceptable and I needed to go have it taken again. I go to the local office and find it nearly empty so no long wait times. I show the letter to the girl and she says "No problem, we can take...
  19. FARGO...the series...

I was a bit bored and saw some DVD's in Wal-Mart...the sales girl showed me the FARGO series and said it was really good... I just watched the first episode and found it both funny and very well filmed...amazing detail and filmography... Just wondering if anyone else has watched it and what...
  20. I was sitting there in my Edsel...

and started wondering where all the other Edsels had gotten to. There were many on the roads, in the parking lots, and for sale...then WHAM! GONE! This made me think forward (because I can) to the year 2016 and how it was getting harder and harder to catch a glimpse of a Unicorn or even a Ford...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad