• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. wahlstrom1

9" Detroit Locker ?

Only if you plan in going up to 35 spline axles, otherwise the small bearing diff is sufficient.
  2. wahlstrom1

Is it safe to cut this nub off my rear d60?

Knock it off, if there's a hole weld it up.....
  3. wahlstrom1

F150 buckets or factory explorer

http://www.jamesduff.com/broncoII/dualshock.html Those are what your after, the top alignment lugs been changed to allow the bigger coils, they work great!
  4. wahlstrom1

F150 buckets or factory explorer

I used the factory ones, but tore both sides apart wheeling it hard.... The James Duff swap buckets I put on just before UA were awesome, bolted right up and were strong as hell.
  5. wahlstrom1

3/4 ton brakes on F150 D44

^^^those guys, not trail gear.... my bad!
  6. wahlstrom1

3/4 ton brakes on F150 D44

The 3/4 ton rotors are bigger, so using the larger 3/4T calipers and mounts means the brake pad won't be sitting on the rotor all the way.... but I have seen it half assed that way before. Do the T bird caliper swap as mentioned, it'll help. Also, talk to Trail Gear (IIRC) and they can...
  7. wahlstrom1

Dana 44 SAS Tech thoughts

You could do the same with TRE's if ya set it up right... personally, I'd want two spares... a right and left hand thread :thefinger:
  8. wahlstrom1

Dana 44 SAS Tech thoughts

You don't 'NEED' a perfect pinion angle on something that doesn't see hi speed 4wd use... I ran 7" coils with stock 78/79 radius arm brackets and 7* bushings ending up with 2* castor and guess what, it drove great! I don't see how you 'cracked and blew out' poly bushings in 200 miles if they...
  9. wahlstrom1

hp dana 44 and ford 99" value?

5.13's are decent for 37's, or for 35's with a 4 banger...
  10. wahlstrom1

hp dana 44 and ford 99" value?

Brinker's guess sounds about right. If it had all 4 chromo axles, and lockers you'd be lookin at the $11-1300 range...
  11. wahlstrom1

Ford 9" and Sterling questions.

I was HARD on my 31 spline detroit locked 8.8 on 37's and it never gave me issues... I'm now rocking a full float 35 spline 9" for what its worth....
  12. wahlstrom1

Your Tow Rig

Ok Folks, lets see your towrigs getting used.... I don't wanna see rangers haulin stuff, we all do that every day. Lets see what hauls your rangers, or does your heavy hauling. Post can also include towrig specs, and trailer specs. Bonus points for purpose built equip/trailers etc.
  13. wahlstrom1

Five Lug Ford 9"

All factory 9" axle's in truck's are 5 lug...
  14. wahlstrom1

SAS advice...

Ya, just saying all F150's had a high pinion open knuckle D44 so there's a lot to choose from if you can find them.
  15. wahlstrom1

SAS advice...

IIRC 66'-77 are the same in F150 diffs.
  16. wahlstrom1

SAS advice...

It's just easier to narrow an 'early' D44 vs the 78/79' models is all, and better chances of finding a heavy tube version.
  17. wahlstrom1

SAS advice...

If you want to narrow it to EB/Ranger width try and get a D44 from an F150 EARLIER then 78' as the wedges will be weld on and not cast in like 78/79's are. Also, the D44 I got from a 76' supercab had 1/2" wall tubes. Can't go wrong with that kinda beef! Andres629 has it in his BII now.
  18. wahlstrom1

SAS advice...

Brakes and wheel bearing are the #1 reason to go with the D44 outers...
  19. wahlstrom1

SAS advice...

If you narrow a half ton D44 it'll be 60" to match the 8.8. The 3/4t d44's are a bit wider and D60's are 69" wms-wms. You won't need to bother with cut/resplining a shaft either just buy a chromoly shaft for an EBD44 and it'll be the right width. If you don't plan on goin bigger then 35's...
  20. wahlstrom1

Lets see your camping vehicles!

Right after the SAS, worked not bad... Then I ditched the quad for more storage and let another dude haul them, note the flipped trailer axle. Now it'll be this with an air mattress in the back and the ranger on a trailer behind it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad