• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Sidewalk

DIY maintenance

Guess I missed a notification here somewhere... TL;DR: I took the Bronco off my list. Still considering options, but one of them is a stripped down Jeep JLU (space for my bike inside). The idea of having a much simpler vehicle appeals to me. No turbo, no power windows, solid axle, etc...
  2. Sidewalk

Bronco bleeding into Ranger

Won't even waste my time trying an auto. Seriously, not even up for debate. No manual, no buy.
  3. Sidewalk

DIY maintenance

It was hyperbole demonstrating how easy the car was to work on.
  4. Sidewalk

DIY maintenance

That car saved my life.
  5. Sidewalk

DIY maintenance

My little Fiesta was a model for reliability and ease of maintenance. Hardest job I did was the timing belt, which with the couple required special tools (that were cheap), it was still a job that was easy to do in a driveway, and something I could do on the side of the road if I had to...
  6. Sidewalk

DIY maintenance

That's probably about as helpful as a salesman would be :LOL:
  7. Sidewalk

My current "daily driver" is a 7.3 Powerstroke E350 ambulance. I only want one vehicle that's a bitch to work on. I want to be able to tow a horse trailer and haul hay.
  8. Sidewalk

DIY maintenance

Anyone like doing ALL your own work? How are you finding the engine? I just totalled my car with 170,000 miles, everything was done by me. I'm shopping around while waiting for a settlement, the Bronco is on my short list (manual transmission is my requirement). I know the engine has been...
  9. Sidewalk

Put a manual in a Ranger and I'll put in my deposit tomorrow. Right now I'm deciding between a Bronco and a Tacoma.
  10. Sidewalk

Manual transmission?

Any rumors of the updated Ranger getting a manual option?
  11. Sidewalk

Are you satisfied?

Yep, been watching those videos as well as others. Which is why I know the competition is pretty good. Out of the best options, the ones all the reviews seem to like are ones I would consider, especially a Taco!
  12. Sidewalk

Are you satisfied?

For now! I look at the prices of the other SUV's Ford has, and I can't possibly imagine a Bronco offering what I want in price/value. Wagons are WAY cheaper (Subaru's) by comparison, and the vans are WAY more utilitarian. SUV's really just don't do anything I want well. Space. I am living in an...
  13. Sidewalk

Are you satisfied?

In the market for a vehicle. I am primarily a cyclist now, and have been getting by with a 2012 Fiesta bought new. That car has been, to be fair, fantastic. But I miss the utility of the F150 I had parked next to it at one time. I am trying to split the difference now and find something that...
  14. Sidewalk

Jamul

I saw a BII with an SAS on a trailer with another BII following it a little while back in Jamul. Anyone on the forum?
  15. Sidewalk

Semi or Full Synthetic

$20 is hard to find around here, but not impossible. What is the current exchange rate? Wal-Mart has oil filters for $2, Rotella for $15 a gallon. Works for me.
  16. Sidewalk

Semi or Full Synthetic

Read the owners manual. See what oil range is required, use that oil. If it requires 5W-20 then it doesn't matter how much synthetic stuff is in there. You are not going to notice a change in engine performance fro an oil change. Unless you go from 50W deisel grade oil to a 10W racing oil...
  17. Sidewalk

Do I know you?

I figure as long as I have been away, I should probably post up as a new member :dunno: I am back in a Ranger again. I think this time it lasted for two years, being out of an RBV. Of course this time it is a company truck. I started a new job on Thursday and took delivery of a brand new...
  18. Sidewalk

Funny, finally met another TRS user

I know, kind of silly, but I have yet to meet someone who knows about TRS that I didn't meet from TRS (or other Ranger site). Last night my boss and I (deployment, nothing funny going on here) were talking about Rangers and BII's and he asked me if I have ever heard of The Ranger Station.com...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad