• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. cocoasranger

Rear brake lockup when wet

I know this problem keeps coming up, but it drives me crazy. I'll run around the block a couple times while dragging and pumping the brakes to heat them up and dry them off, which usually works. But sometimes even then I get into traffic a go into a slide first time I break hard. It's dangerous...
  2. cocoasranger

installing belt weatherstrip

The strips I am going to replace run horizontally across the bottom of the window opening on the inside and outside of the window glass.
  3. cocoasranger

installing belt weatherstrip

Can the inner and outer weatherstrips on the door which the glass runs up and down between be replaced without removing the glass and/or the door panel. I looked in shop manuals and elsewhere and can't find it mentioned. there are no vent windows on this door.:icon_confused::icon_confused:
  4. cocoasranger

feels like warped rotors

When braking with the clutch pedal pushed down, there is a severe shuddering from the front which feels like severely warped rotors. It follows the speed of tire rotation closely. However, if the clutch is not disengaged when braking there is little, and sometimes no shuddering, even when...
  5. cocoasranger

new base/clear paint job

Finally got the Ranger painted in my garage last week with two stage urethane paint. It needed a lot of body work prior to painting due to damage and rust.:icon_thumby:
  6. cocoasranger

Finally replaced the headliner

Mr headliner had dry rotted away, so I pulled it down and replaced it. When I stripped off the fabric the foam was in perfect shape and only the thin fabric came off. So I sprayed both the new foam backed fabric and old foam/shell heavily with headliner material and left it set for 24 hours...
  7. cocoasranger

Custom front license plates

I'm checking to see if anyone is interested in purchasing custom license plates like the attached photo with their own message on them. They would be cnc routed in exterior rated acrylic with a light almond face and mat black recessed lettering. Pricing is $10 plus shipping each (this pricefor...
  8. cocoasranger

Long bed widths

I have an 89 Ranger with the long bed (7ft). Do all long beds have the same width? I'm looking to buy a used tonneau cover that fits a 2000 7 ft. Ranger and can't find this info anywhere on the site. Thanks:icon_confused:
  9. cocoasranger

Front tires set back

My 89 Ranger 4X4 has a smaller gap between the rear of each front tire and fender than at the front. You can hear them rub the fender on extremely tight turns. I have stock 15" tires and rims. The gap is 2" in back and 6" in front. The truck slid off the interstate before I got it and pushed...
  10. cocoasranger

freekin awsome

My cat was not very impressed. She was born in a hunting cabin in the mountains. She drags home rabbits that are larger than she is and chases the neighborhood squirrels clear up to the top of our trees. One time a large hawk went after her in the yard and the cat chased it all over the place...
  11. cocoasranger

brake booster noise

When I apply the brakes there is a loud swooshing sound from the brake booster as the pedal goes down, but it stops as soon as the pedal stops moving. This happens when parked as well as when moving. The feel and effectiveness of the brakes are good. Is it common to have some noise on older...
  12. cocoasranger

87 vs. 89 octane

What are the pros and cons of running a 2.9L stock Ranger on 87 octane gas? Now that the price and price spread between the two grades is significant it seems worth considering. However, it's running great on 89 octane presently and getting 20.78 mpg on a recent long trip. Came up with little...
  13. cocoasranger

Fuel guage angst

So I got in my Ranger today and the fuel gauge is at E. It has always worked, and after filling up last week it went slowly down towards the 3/4 mark as usual and was registering there when there I parked it yesterday. Now I turn the key and nothing. Just topped it up to confirm no one siphoned...
  14. cocoasranger

Replacing throw out bearing

I was just congratulating myself on finishing the auto to Mazda trans switch when I discovered that the "new" slave cylinder I bought is slowly dripping brake fluid. Do I have to completely pull everything back apart, or can the trans be unbolted and slid back so a new slave can be installed...
  15. cocoasranger

Bleeding clutch master

Almost finished with my A4LD to M5OD R-1 swap. Trying to bleed clutch master with little success. Have new release bearing and slave cylinder in bell housing. Am using used clutch master, reservoir and line. Tried gravity bleeding and got a thin steady stream out the bleeder, but no pedal after...
  16. cocoasranger

Wiring changes for A4LD to M5OD R-1 swap

OK, Mazda 5 speed is in replacing the blown A4LD. Did a search and can't find anything on wiring changes needed. Truck is an 89 2.9L Ranger 4x4 w. manual transfer case. My 5 pin plug to the old auto trans has the colors: red w. wht. stripe, red w. blue stripe, pink, black w. purple stripe, and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad