• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Blower motor confusion

Check the condition of your blower resistor. It's not a weather-resistant design and known to corrode.
  2. Pilot bearing bushing

I went through the same thing 2 years ago. The pilot bearing wore away and only the outer race was left in the end of the crankshaft. It ate the input shaft on the transmission. It was cheaper to get a used trans vs new input shaft installed.
  3. 2004 Windshield Wipers not working in intermittent speed and won't turn off

I know I'm a little late to the party, but there was a TSB for vehicles built before 3-2004. The park switch located in the wiper motor fails, causing the symptoms the OP is describing. I had this fail while under factory warranty and the dealer replaced it (and both wiper nozzles) at no cost...
  4. LED Headlights questions

I recommend the following: New OEM headlamp housings (if you can get them). Aftermarket housings often don't have the proper reflector and lens focus. The headlight cleaning kits work once then you're back cleaning them every 6 months. The clouding you see is the protective coating being...
  5. went thru water, now trans shudders

Pull the coilpack and inspect for cracks in the epoxy. The codes you pulled indicate multiple misfires and miss on #2 cylinder (passenger side, center). I've been there with high water and misfire. On my truck, I replaced the plugs, wires and coilpack and no misfires since.
  6. Spark plug wires

Rockauto has Motorcraft WR4062 wire set for $31+ shipping. Look up '94 Ranger 4.0. They should be the same for you.
  7. Lighting Strikes

adsm - check out ford tech makaluco's page on youtube. He worked on a first-gen escape that took a near strike. IIRC, it needed a cluster, fuel rail pressure sensor and an abs module.
  8. Spark Plugs for 94 XL Ranger 3.0 with Automatic Trans

I thought the '94 3.0 has a coil and distributor, not a coil pack(waste spark system).
  9. Timing Chain Cover Gasket

I was able to pull the timing cover without loosening the oil pan on my '04. I used gray Permatex to seal up the pan/timing cover joints. No leaks in 115K miles with synthetic blend oil. Timing set is only 1 bolt on the cam. Replace all 3 parts (2 gears and chain, no guides or tensioners on the...
  10. Rock Auto discount??

If you have a RA username and password, login. Place items in cart. Go to 'My Account' and all available discounts are right there. Click the blue code and it is automatically pasted into the 'Where did you hear about us' box at checkout.
  11. Master Cylinder worn out!

At 318K miles, I had the classic 'air in the lines' feel to the clutch pedal, complete with almost 2 inches of soft pedal and poor pedal return. I found both the clutch pedal switch and master cylinder were shot. The return of the pedal is 'assisted' by the switch's internal springs as seen in...
  12. OdbII code reader thoughts

^+2 on the OBDLink MX/MX+. Works with Forscan, even with the basic(limited) license especially with Ford/Lincoln/Mercury/Mazda
  13. Mystery squeak- Still not fixed

Coolant leak: check the timing cover gaskets. Known issue to this engine. It actually makes the water pump look like it's leaking. I had 200K on mine when it let go. Also, changed the timing chain and gear set while I had it apart 116K ago.... Good luck
  14. Half of instrument cluster not working

I downloaded these schematics from ebscohost before they closed down the 'tech' user ID's. I hope this helps.
  15. Found the limiter lol

I didn't check against my GPS, but I hit 92 indicated before the gov hit. I'm guessing it was actually 90. My speedo read exactly 2mph faster than actual, verified with mile markers/stopwatch and gps.
  16. Dreaded Mazda/Ford wipers spontaneously turning on...

On my '04, there was a TSB for wiper park switch issue. I had the issue of wipers start running while going down the road. Truck was still under warranty and they replaced the wiper motor. There was a revision to the park switch located inside the wiper motor around May '04 that addresses the...
  17. Wires of oxygen sensor receiver

Harness side connector for driver's side upstream oxygen sensor, Motorcraft (Ford) WPT-807, $29 rockauto. Refer to my pics. What a pain in the a** to get to for repairs. Make sure you strap that new one down! You have the same year and 3.0. Looking into the end of the connector with the latch...
  18. What year trucks/other fords have compatible distributors?

Looks like 91-95 Aerostar or Ranger with the 3.0 use the same distributor. Also, 94 Mazda B3000 as it's also the 3.0. You can buy a new one for less than reman at Rockauto
  19. front turn signal lens flew off! original adhesive??

TYC is an aftermarket part maker. Rockauto actually has 1 factory original Ford marker for the left side for $29.
  20. Cruise control button illumination?

The buttons on my '04 dealer-install kit are back-lit. I installed the kit myself and saved $$$

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad