• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. tmaxxman

1988 4x4 2.9 to 302

i'm about to do a 302 swap what is the best donor vehicle to make it as easy as it can be done and as cheap any pics and other tips and tricks would be great
  2. tmaxxman

2.9l fuel injector ????

ok i parked the 2.9 4x4 1988 5 speed ranger. to put a flywheel in it . it did sit in my garage for about 2 weeks till i got the money and time to go it. but after i got it all back together now it dont want to run good. i can only get about 25 mph out of it in about a 3 blocks. i pulled it back...
  3. tmaxxman

SAS options????

Ok im thinking about going a SAS to my ranger but im not sure what would be the best donor vehicle to use. i want a 3 link suspension. but i don't want to have to cut the rear down and all that. i want to be able to drive it on the road i want to go the easiest way possible. any tips and tricks...
  4. tmaxxman

tranny ????

ok i was haveing a problem with my truck eating starters so i looked a the flywheel and it chewed up the teeth and i was looking around on the net and seen that there is to be a shim under the flywheel well i took my flywheel off and no shim under it now my question is there are two size...
  5. tmaxxman

got a short some were

ok i have a 88 ranger 2.9 4x4 and out of the blue i got a short in it some were but i dont know were to start looking for it what is going on is that i can have the key in my pocket and i can hear my fuel pump kicking on and it will just keep going it till i unhook the battery but it only dose...
  6. tmaxxman

getting truck ready for paint

Well it will be painted in the next couple of days :yahoo::headbang: got the one side all gone today going to get other side done tomorrow the day after that we will be wet sanding with 400 and then paint :D [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG]
  7. tmaxxman

poll on rims

what should i do with the inlays of my rims paint , polish or sandblast them [/IMG]
  8. tmaxxman

starter ???

I have a 2.9 in my truck and i have put 3 junk yard starters in it since i did my swap from auto to 5 speed i don't know why they keep going out but i was wanting to know if i could get a 4.0 starter to bolt on my truck or not and if so is there any advantages to putting one on it like stronger...
  9. tmaxxman

anyone know !!!!

Can anyone tell me what kind of wheels these are i would like to get a set but i went to get these from the junk yard and someone beat me to them and i didnt get to see the name on them thanks alot for any help [/IMG]
  10. tmaxxman

tire grooving ???

got a ??? can i get away with grooving this tires just for offroad uses they are right are the tread bars.and yes i know there dry rotted and if i can what would be the best way to do it try to stay in the tread pattern or what cut across the tread :icon_confused: what would be the best pattern...
  11. tmaxxman

rear end ???

I'm just wondering what is the difference between a posi-traction rearend and a rearend with a locker? :icon_confused:
  12. tmaxxman

look at this

just letting everyone know http://classifieds.pennswoods.net/classifieds/viewad.cgi?adindex=1288666
  13. tmaxxman

photoshop help plz

i have a big favor to ask some one i need to get all these pics in to one pic plz if it is even possible thanks alot :icon_thumby: [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG]
  14. tmaxxman

1988 trany ???

My brother has a 88 ex cab ranger 2.9 and needs a auto tranny w/od for it it is auto 4x4 im sure it it a A4LD can he just get a tranny out of any other 82 to 88 ranger ex cab or is it a special tranny in it :icon_confused:
  15. tmaxxman

steering box ????

ok my brothers steering box got a bad leak from under the pitman arm the ??? i have is there a seal under the pitman arm he can replace or what ?????:icon_confused:
  16. tmaxxman

cutting whips ???

OK this may be a dumb ??? but can you cut whips down and if so how would i do it i have 4 foot ones on my truck there to long for me to put on my garage i can pull in just fine its backing out that is the problem they cant bend down like they do when i pull in so i wanted to cut them down so...
  17. tmaxxman

defrosting window ???

yesterday i went for a ride and i turned the defroster on to get a little heat and my window fogged up real bad i was thinking the heater core might have a leak but i don't smell any antifreeze i tried it again today and it did it again what might make it do this...
  18. tmaxxman

grill

yes or no on the grill i made and if yes black or chrome on the rest of it :icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused: [/IMG]
  19. tmaxxman

need your opinion on paint

Need your opinion on paint I have 2 ways i was thinking of painting my truck but i cant make up my mind now plz help :icon_twisted: sorry about the pic i got tired of doing it in paint this is one way i was thinking [/IMG] this is the other one i know it a chevy but you get the idea just...
  20. tmaxxman

2.9 Catalytic Converter

I was welding so holes in my exhaust when. I took it off at the Catalytic Converter. I looked up in them there is nothing in them at all should. I replace them or just let it like that. I didn't know if it could hurt the motor or not. and if I should replace them were is a cheap place to get...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad