• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. birddog321

Instrument cluster is dead 02 Explorer

Just bought an 02 that needs some work. The instrument cluster is dead. all of the lights in in illuminate, but none of the gauges work. Not even the odometer. No warning lights, no 4x4 and I cant find a pin out for the cluster and was wondering if anyone can help
  2. birddog321

Driving me nuts!

Got a B2 a while ago, Ran like crap but the price wqas right. Got it home found out the Fuel system was full of mud. Replacxed Fuel Filter, Pump and used pump to flush out the lines. Still ran like crap. Checked compression and found that it was only &0 PSI all the way around. Had the heads...
  3. birddog321

WTF is this?

I am putting a 2.9 together and turned the engine over and this fell out. I have no clue where it came from or what it is. Need to know what it is. Trying to get this engine put back in tomorrow. It is about 10" long and the ends are exactly the same
  4. birddog321

3.0 in a B2

Has anyne our there done this. And if so are ther any major mods hat have to be done?
  5. birddog321

3.0 in a B2

. Got B2 with a bad engine for dirt cheap. Now I can get a 3.0 out of a Aerostar for next to nothing. I know I will need the Computer, wire harness and a different tranny. Just checking if anyone has done this swap.
  6. birddog321

Rod Bearings?

Checked the oil in my new B2 and noticed that it was super thin. Changed the oil and now it has a slight Knock at around 2000 RPM and above. Sounds like a bad bearing somewhere in the block. Any ideas? This video is from before the oil change
  7. birddog321

My new $300 problem

I just got this yesterday and was going through the engine compartment lookimg for my lack of power issue, found this. My question is, where are these wires supposed to go?
  8. birddog321

No power

I just got the cleanest B2 I've ever seen. :yahoo: It's an '89 2WD automatic. Stole it for $300 and a shotty. That's the good. The bad is it has no power until it gets out of third gear. Then it's all good. I know it has the 4R44E tranny. Any hints on this issue would be great.
  9. birddog321

Is it worth it

Found a B2 for $700. Guy says it needs a throw out bearing. Should this be a deal breaker. The truck is 50 miles away and I don't want to waste time or money going ro look at it. From the pics it's in decent shape.
  10. birddog321

Halo 3

Anyone know how to recover lost campains. My 7 year old wanted to play halo and ended up erasing all progress. 60 hrs.
  11. birddog321

Best bang for the buck?

I am currantly working on putting a 300I6 in my B2. My question is what axles would hold up best for the best price. I know that the D28 and 7.5 that are in it now are going to explode as soon as I put the skinny pedal to the floorr.
  12. birddog321

300 Straight Six

I rolled my B2 and the 2.8 has finally decided to clunk out on me. Since then I have been trying to decide what to do. Scrap or rebuild? I couldn't decide until I saw a 300 with trans for $100. This weekend i start on the tear out of the 2.8 and all the emissions garbage. I need some advice on...
  13. birddog321

300I6 transfer case

I recently acquired a 300I6 with a three speed manual and I am trying to find a transfer case for it. I need to know what the best t-case would be to put behind this thing
  14. birddog321

390?

I found a great deal on a Ford 390($200-$300) that's been rebuilt recently. What would be needed to get this beast in my B2?
  15. birddog321

Ranger Cab on B2 Frame

Has anyone done it? I flipped my rig over the weekend and totaled the body. Was thinking that this would be easier and better looking than hacking the body.
  16. birddog321

Looking for new places to wheel in GA?

http://www.n-georgia.com/orv_trails.htm
  17. birddog321

Gen 1 to Gen 2

Will a instrument panel from an 87 work in an 84?
  18. birddog321

Welded spiders?

Got my self in some sticky situations lately and want some feedback non whether to weld the Spider Gears or not. I want an 8.8 but it's just not in the budget for now, and since I usually have my 7year old with me when I'm wheeling, getting stuck really blows. I can get the rear end welded for...
  19. birddog321

Honky-Tonk Champane

Just had to start showing off my project. So far I've put in a 4.0 Radiator, cheapo shackles in the rear, 1" of washers under the coils, Purple Horny Glass Pack on the exhaust, removable doors, and rubber mat on the flooring. I plan on welding the 7.5 until i can get a 8.8 with trac-loc and a...
  20. birddog321

High idle during Offroad activities

I took the fam out on an excursion this afternoon and noticed that my B2 starts to idle at around 2500-3000 RPM(No Tach)as soon as I hit the dirt. But if I restart the engine it runs normally until I hit a rough spot. This isn't the first time I've noticed this and was wondering if anyone else...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad