• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. How compatible are MAF sensors between years and engine sizes?

My MAF seems to be going on my 1991 3.0 I do have one in my 1993 2.3 that I've just been using for parts. Would they be compatible?
  2. Fixing window weather stripping (bottom)

Here is the weather stripping I'm talking about: Sorry about the camera work, it was a little hard to see with the sun glaring. As you can see, the weather stripping is completely destroyed, with nothing preventing water that hits the window from dripping down into the door and soaking the...
  3. 3.0 engine occasionally shudders/stutters -- diagnosis tips?

I have a 1991 3.0 that I put a 1999 engine in. I've been driving it for a while, and it generally runs great. Every so often though, the engine will miss/stutter and the truck will jerk and shudder. It usually clears up in a few seconds by itself and I continue on. At first I thought this...
  4. For Sale 1991 Ranger 3.0 bed (black) located in Gilbertsville, New York - $100

Bed is from 1991 ranger that I fixed up. Truck was from TN and body was in good shape. Didn't use bed because I had a wooden flat bed that I preferred. Bed is in good shape (minor surface rust w/ a few tiny bad spots) except for tailgate, which is jammed and needs to be fixed up. I have the...
  5. What speedometer gear am I supposed to have?

My speedometer wasn't working on my 1991 3.0 manual. My speedometer gear was messed up so I wanted to replace it. But, the one that was in there is green, and the chart on this site says that green was only used in automatic transmissions. No idea how accurate the speedo was; it's always...
  6. What is this sensor? (picture)

With the white plastic, screwed into block near top of bellhousing. This was on a 1999 3.0.
  7. What could have gone wrong here? (switch engines, no compression)

I have a 1991 3.0, which was knocking. I took the engine from a 1999 3.0 w/ a bad frame but running engine and put it in the 1991. I put the distributor and upper and lower intake from the 1991 on the 1999 engine. To switch the lower intake I had to take out the pushrods and then tighten...
  8. Anyone know where these vacuum lines go? 1991 3.0

Take a look at the pic, these are the vaccum lines that come off the back of the intake manifold, right near the distributor. You can see there are 3 lines that don't have hoses. I swear I labeled these. But somehow over the course of a project taking much, much longer than it should...
  9. Use sealant for upper intake reinstall or just the gasket? also, torque specs?

1991 3.0. For some reason my factory manual seems to omit any details about upper intake reinstall. Do I need any sealant in addition to the gasket or just the gasket by itself? And what are the torque specs for tightening down the upper intake?
  10. Use sealant for upper intake reinstall or just the gasket? plus torque

1991 3.0. For some reason my factory manual seems to omit any details about upper intake reinstall. Do I need any sealant in addition to the gasket or just the gasket by itself? And what are the torque specs for tightening down the upper intake?
  11. Final torque (or how much of a turn) on rocker arm bolts once I have zero lash?

I switched my lower intake on a 99 3.0 L. Now assembling things back up, I'm putting the pushrods back in and tightening down the rocker arm bolts. Once I tighten them down to zero lash, my manual says to tighten each down to 24 foot lbs, regardless of cam position. This seems like it would...
  12. Is it possible to put a transmission and engine into 1991 3.0 together?

I'm putting a new engine in my 1991 3.0. It would be nice to put the engine and trans together outside the vehicle and then put them in as one unit, but it looked like that might not be possible. Seems like that first cross member (riveted to frame) would get in the way? Anyway, just double...
  13. Clearance issue removing clip from disconnect on hydraulic clutch line

Anybody run into this? I have a 1991 3.0. I have had a variety of 2nd generation 2.3s and dropped transmissions every few months it seemed, and I thought the hydraulic line fitting with the clip worked fine (at least compared to the one they used to have where you pushed down the white plastic...
  14. Where to buy hydraulic clutch line fitting by itself?

At one point I had acquired a hydraulic clutch line that was made of braided flexible steel instead of the hard plastic line that usually comes with it. It made dealing with any clutch issues so much easier. It didn't catch on things when installing or removing, it was easier to bleed because...
  15. Confusion on ignition system wiring...

I have a 91 3.0 which has had erratic periods of no starting. Most of the time it started...except when I needed to be somewhere. I THOUGHT I had found the answer, but after looking over a trouble shooting manual, I am confused. I had previously tested the 12v red and green power wire going...
  16. Running engine on a stand - electrical questions...

I built a stand to run a 3.0 vulcan on. I'm planning on putting a 99 engine into my 91, so once I combined engine parts on the engine, I wanted to make sure it was working before I put it in the vehicle. I've seen a few videos of people running engines on stands, but I have never done it and...
  17. Explanation for this resistance value in relay coil?

I was testing my EEC power relay coil in my 1991 3.0 and noticed something strange. The resistance value of the control coil was 1 (infinite). This would seem to indicate that the circuit was open, which it shouldn't be. Yet, when I applied 12v to the two spades of the control coil, there was...
  18. Part number for replacement EEC Power Relay (brown)?

My power relay is giving me some odd resistance values so I would like to replace it. They gave me one at advance (YL-240-C-12V+D5) but I'm not sure it is the correct one. It has an extra spade, which could be OK since there is a dummy hole in the female side.....or maybe it's not the right...
  19. ANYTHING else that could be causing this no spark issue?? WTF

1991 3.0 isn't getting a spark as tested at individual plugs and at the coil. The wire that carries the pulse signal FROM the distributor to the ignition control module seems to be working just fine -- I get a flashing LED light whenever the vehicle is cranked over. The wire that carries...
  20. Wire terminals for harness clip that connects to Ignition Control Module (91 3.0)

I have a 91 3.0 that I've been trying to figure out why it has no spark. I narrowed it down to the ignition control module because the ICM was getting a pulse signal in from the distributor but was not sending it out to the coil. I replaced the ICM and still have the same issue. On closer...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad