• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 98' B4000 Everything Under Driver Side Moist / Wet Like a HOT Shower....

Interesting for that interior routing! I have in the past sealed the 3rd brake-light fitting due to the notorious leaks. I will do a re-seal again. Thank you.
  2. 98' B4000 Everything Under Driver Side Moist / Wet Like a HOT Shower....

Recent week of heavy rains then over-night all neighborhood cars and lawns frozen frost. After lunch temps raised and noticed the entire under dash area was moist and wet. Every surface and area. Carpet on driver side did not feel wet It looked like if you close the bathroom door and take a...
  3. 98 B4000 4.0 2WD Engine Area Chirp / Squeak on Start and LOTS While Driving...

Had assistant listen as I jabbed the gas pedal... found that if he reached under side of vehicle under passenger door..... and held / pushed "up" on the exhaust pipe the squeak will stop. So there is some metal on metal squeak coming from flex / movement of the exhaust. Updates to follow...
  4. 98 B4000 4.0 2WD Engine Area Chirp / Squeak on Start and LOTS While Driving...

Replaced the tensioner.... old one was noisy off the truck but drove today and the noise is there still. Like metal rubbing on metal squeak. I can produce the sound in driveway engine on..... in neutral and "stabbing" the gas pedal to increase the revs. So the engine movement appears to cause...
  5. 98 B4000 4.0 2WD Engine Area Chirp / Squeak on Start and LOTS While Driving...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I do have the OHV 4.0 and yes the cam syncro used to makes LOTS of noise.... I used an oil additive stiction eliminator and then no more noise ! Will replace tensioner tomorrow AM
  6. 98 B4000 4.0 2WD Engine Area Chirp / Squeak on Start and LOTS While Driving...

Well a bit of inspection today shows what could be the issue . Ordering replacement today. See where it seems to separate from the mount area
  7. 98 B4000 4.0 2WD Engine Area Chirp / Squeak on Start and LOTS While Driving...

The chirp will happen on engine start-up so clutch will be pressed. Then while driving the chirp is much more pronounced just riding down the road with normal surface irregularities. Does not need moon crater holes to have the sound.. I can coast in neutral too and the chirp is heard. Engine...
  8. 98 B4000 4.0 2WD Engine Area Chirp / Squeak on Start and LOTS While Driving...

When I start the (manual trans) 4.0L 2WD there is a "chirp / "squeak" very brief. If I stay in neutral in driveway and "stab" the gas pedal I can get the slight chirp / squeak at the end of the rise in RPM If I go down the road in gear or neutral, the chirping / squeaking becomes much more Does...
  9. 2nd Heater Blend Door Servo Motor in 5 Years....

With the replacement blend door kit, the door has total / easy movement with no binding. And it is a seasonal truck meaning it is used March to November and sits mostly in the driveway December to almost April not getting any use during the time when heat is needed most :) A common issue for...
  10. 2nd Heater Blend Door Servo Motor in 5 Years....

Heat was on FULL all the time and TEMP dial had no effect. I had already done years back the blend door repair kit (metal pivot) and then in 2014 the blend door server motor So now I dropped the glove box and put my right hand on the servo motor as I turned the TEMP dial... felt NO MOTION Next I...
  11. Need Plastic Fender Flares for 1998 B4000 SE 2WD

Have some rear wheel well rust and want to go the fender flare route. Trying to find plastic rear flares but can't seem to find any. Anyone have ideas for information on where to get them ?
  12. Heater Control Knob or Blend Door Motor ?

Already did the blend door fix a few years back and has been working great ( http://www.heatertreater.net/magento/ford/ranger/93-08/ford-ranger-93-08.html ). Now I noticed (cooler mornings ) the blend door is not always moving when I turn the temp knob cool to hot and back. The door is not...
  13. Correct Operation Of Heater Control Valve

Have a 98" B4000 (5 spd) and recently took notice on the Heater Control Valve and when it should "operate / move". I have done the blend door fix and I have also replaced the Heater Control Valve some years back. When truck is "OFF" and I pull the vacuum line off the HCV, the pivot arm will...
  14. 1998 B4000 5spd RWD Tranny Mount Replacement

With the almost 70F weather today in NJ, I decided to change the tranny mount (truck has 206,000 miles0. I did some research before today to review the steps. For me I wound up removing the cross beam that the bottom of the tranny mount bolts to. Each side of the frame has 4 bolts each. I also...
  15. Camshaft Position Synchronizer B4000

I have the "chirp" condition on my synchronizer. I looked up videos and postings on the internet. I went to my 1998 B4000 (4.0L) to see the location. Much to my surprise. It is BURIED on the back of the engine UNDER the intake manifold ! So at 206,000 the truck is running great so I will leave...
  16. 98' B4000 5-spd Tranny Fluid Replacement

205,600 current miles and 75K miles since the last drain-fill on the 5-spd tranny. Drained this week and fluid was BLACK. pumped in just under 3 quarts of Mercon V. Immediately felt the difference as I shifted to pull back down the ramps. And quick drive around town proved the same. Nice and...
  17. 98' B4000 5-spd Tranny Mount Question

Does the tranny mount handle noise and vibration reduction into the cabin or does it aid in shifting "feel" / ease ? Truck has 205,000 miles and runs very well except for the occasional "hard to shift" which I think happens in part to drive line position (angle of road, truck position such as...
  18. 98' B4000 Leaking Coolant at Top Radiator Hose / T-Stat Neck

Upper and lower (LARGE) radiator hoses changed about 2 years ago along with T-Stat. Now I noticed there is dripping after the truck warms up at the point where the upper large radiator hose meets the T-stat neck. Temps here today 25F and I started the truck for about no more than 10 minutes...
  19. 04' Ranger 4.0 AWD Auto Spongy Brake Pedal on LEFT Turns Only

Dealer said ABS parts are "on their way out"... no ABS light (yet) to the tune of $ 1,400.00. Never seen this before where the condition is on LEFT turn only. Areas to check ? Straight braking and right turns are fine ......
  20. 98 B4000 Looking for rear wheel opening plastic trim

I have seen other Ranger / B4000 trucks with the black wheel well molding that goes around the lip of both rear wheel openings. I called local Mazda dealer today and he said "no longer available", I could call the salvage yards but is there really no dealer inventory / ordering available for...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad