• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. stupid 8.8 question

Alright i got an 8.8 out of a 98 eddie bauer explorer axle code D2 so i know it has a l/s.... Now to my stupid question.... What are the wires coming out of the top of the differential? Is it the l/s? does it have somethin to do with the AWD? Ive just never seen that except on an electric...
  2. slotting and dimpling?

Ok heres a question i cant find an answer to thru searching....its probably a stupid one Is it possible to slot and dimple your own stock rotors? Has anybody done it? would it mess up the heat treating? would it make a difference? any opinions welcomed
  3. wanting to sell stock wheels.....how much??

alright i got a new set of wheels and tires now im looking to re-coop some of the money i spent on them.... The wheels i had were these: http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQFordQQRangerQQCCIQQWheelQQ20002010QQC2CALY03431U10.html they have 31 10.5s with about 1/4 tread left what im...
  4. Battery life

ok, well i just had to replace my stock (yes original) motorcraft battery that came with my 2000 3.0...this battery lasted 11 years and 170,000 miles.....is that weird?....i went thru 3 or 4 batteries in my 88 f-150 in a 3 year span.....is this a fluke or what?. Whats the longest lasting...
  5. explorer front diff swap

Lookin for answers... i guess my search-fu isnt up to snuff cuz i cant find anything... 2 weekends ago i got an 8.8 out of an 98 4-door and all is good...its got 4.10s which is great...i was going to get a new ring and pinion for the front but then got to thinkin..... will the front diff from...
  6. explorer leaf swap didnt work???

hopefully some of you can tell me what went wrong...i have a 2000 4wd that the springs were flat...so after reading a bunch i thought explorer leafs would be the best option...i went to my local u-pick and found a set off a 98 4 door with 80000 miles looked like they were in great...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad