• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1996 4.0 REAR MAIN SEAL

I picked up a new rear main seal the other day to replace mine while doing the clutch. It's a fel-pro BS 40619. It came with a metal sleeve. Anybody have any experience with this particular seal? There are no instructions or anything on how this should go in, whether you need a special tool...
  2. Flywheel question

1996 4.0 5spd 4x4. Changing out the clutch/slave. My flywheel has what looks like little fractures all around the surface. I got lucky looking through my parts and found a fresh resurfaced one. Only problem is one of the pins is broken and was surfaced flat with the rest. The other two pins...
  3. D44 IFS seals

D44 TTB seals Can anybody offer some insight into what seal(s) go between the axle stub and spindle, and what seal goes on the spindle before the hub/brake disc goes on? I've looked at too many websites and am confused now. It's for a D44/35 hybrid I've been working on and off for years. I...
  4. Are the d35 beam housings the same?

Is the driver's side axle housing from a 92-94 Explorer d35 the same as what's under my 1996 Ranger with a d35? When I search on car-parts.com they don't seem to interchange.
  5. was searching for shed moving tips...

Maybe it's been posted before, but I've never seen it. Thought you guys would enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNmof8B4IhI&feature=related
  6. Napa filter master packs

Just a heads up, NAPA has "master packs" of filters for our trucks at a fraction of the normal cost. Like 12 for the price of one it seems. OIL FILTERS I ordered up two cases of filters for my f150 and expedition, and one case for the ranger. I also got a case of fuel filters for the...
  7. Borescopes

I'm thinking about getting one. I would want one that's small enough to go in spark plug holes, has a light and has a decent picture for a good price. Anybody have one or know anything about them?
  8. Defective's DD build

Tired of having problems with the bearings on my 1996 Ranger 4x4, I decided to try the Dana 44 knuckle upgrade that's posted in the tech articles and some others have done. I purchased a wrecked 1996 F150 off craigslist for 800 bucks. Both trucks: I started the project right away...
  9. 35/44 knuckle swap questions

I'm modifying my 35 beams to fit 44 knuckles using the BJ's from the 44. This is for a daily driven commuter that sometimes see's high speed 4x4 usage on the highway in the winter. What's the best way to handle connecting the steering? cheapest? Can I simply run it like a stock 44 with the tie...
  10. F150 coils/shocks

Has anyone tried using the buckets/shock mounts from an F150 like the one in the pic? These are on a 1996. I'm considering a 5.8 for an AWD street truck. I'm looking to keep ride height stock right now while stiffening things up a bit.
  11. 5.8L swap

I'm looking at putting the 5.8L from a wrecked 96 f150 into my 96 ranger. I have the whole truck, so all parts are available. How does this swap work with the existing Ranger's electrical system? Would the wiring from a 96 5.0 explorer work on a 5.8 to make this a cleaner swap? Am I better...
  12. 1996 f150 for parts?

Since my ranger is down due to bearings again, I was kicking around the idea of trying the 44 knuckle swap. I found a wrecked 1996 f150 EB, that has 115,000 miles on it. The guy hit a tree and the front end is smashed in pretty good. He says it's too costly to fix. It has a 5.8, auto, and...
  13. 44 knuckle swap and ABS

44 knuckle swap with ABS Is it possible to retain ABS with one of these swaps? If so what year/model should I be looking for for a donor truck? Thanks!
  14. 95 explorer body parts on a 96 ranger

I've been in a couple of accidents and would like to replace the front body parts on my 96 ranger. There is a 95 explorer for sale here pretty cheap with a good body. Will these front end parts bolt onto my truck?
  15. driveshaft compatiblility

driveshaft compatibility Will the drive shafts from an 02 Ranger bolt to my 96 Ranger? I know it's a 2-piece to a one piece in the rear, so the cross member needs to go, but what about the flanges and the front drive shaft? Are they different?
  16. compatible spindles

My 1996 ranger has a bad spindle. They cannot be purchased at part stores. I'm looking into picking up a 1994 explorer to use the parts from it. I have front ABS, so I know I need those specifically, but are there differences between manual and auto hubs? Any other things to watch out for...
  17. 97 4.0 into 94 explorer

I have a 4.0 ohv motor out of a 97 explorer. What problems can I expect if I try to put this into a 94 explorer?
  18. RPM drop

When my engine RPM's come down after driving or just revving, they take a big dip down to like 400 or so, then it bounces back up to normal range. It's annoying because it dims my headlights at stop lights and it kind of looks like I'm flashing my lights at the drivers in from of me. Any ideas...
  19. radiator swap

Can anybody tell me if I can use the radiator out of a 94 explorer in my 96 ranger without too much difficulty?
  20. 94 explorer vs 96 ranger axles

Are the front axle parts interchangeable between these two rigs? I have a chance to buy the explorer for $200 bucks. No motor, blown tranny. 126k miles and from California, so the 4x4 parts have likely have little to no wear on them. I'm interested in swapability of the rear axle too...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad