• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. gaz

FORD 4.0L ROLLER LIFTER SURPRISE

Hello, Every once in a while I learn something I would never have seen coming. I hoped to use a new set of lifters in my OHV 4.0L build, if nothing else to establish good base performance. I have held off on purchasing all the Chinese lifters that have flooded eBay and other purchase markets...
  2. gaz

CORRECT LIFTER P#

Hello, Is this the correct lifter part number for a 94 Ford 4.0L OHV engine: (12), F0TZ-6500-A-6
  3. gaz

RockAuto DISTRIBUTOR

Hello, Grabbed a new distributor from RockAuto.com, there are a few things worth noting, the price was less than I expected at $95 🧐 IT is a Duralast GOLD, which is the house brand for Schuck's/Kragen/O'Reilly's; the box reports the actual manufacturer is BEST Parts INC. of Memphis TN (made in...
  4. gaz

For Sale NiB 2.8l pistons/rings, Clevite $160

New never used, +0.02" (+5mm) overbore "flat top" Clevite OEM replacement for Ford 2.8l, pistons/rings set with reconditioned prepped/pinned factory connecting rods. Will work in Ford 60° v6, 2.9l but @ 10:1 instead of 9:1 compression ratio. These had the pins and rods installed to build...
  5. gaz

IDIOT LIAR on "Efficiency"

PLEASE JUST CALL ME AN idiot LIAR and be done with it. My five speed 1987 reg cab/long bed 4x4 Ranger, with stock 2.9l, 6" lift on 32's made 28 mpg highway, 25 in town. My automatic 1987 BroncoII 4x4 with rebuilt 2.9l , 4" suspension lift and 32's made 24.6 mpg while towing 2,200 lb through...
  6. gaz

94 EXPLORER DASH INTO 87 BII

Hello, I am getting ready to install a complete 1994 Explorer dash in the 1987 BII. I am concerned that I will need the 100% of the Explorer's heater system installed in the BroncoII for it to work well. I thought that I would be able to use the Bronco's heater and ducting with the Explorer's...
  7. gaz

94 A4LD COLUMN LINKAGE

Hello, I need to remove my 1st column shifted A4LD. The linkage looks like I could easily destroy at least part of it if I go about this in the wrong manner. I am most concerned about the little red plastic piece on the lead point. There is a large bolt/nut in the the middle that looks like I...
  8. gaz

94 EXP engine bay harness RESOLVED

Hello, I am just pulling the OHV 4.0l engine/tranny/transfer case from my doner Explorer. On the passenger side, is that the entire computer harness, then the round bundle on the driver's side is all Anti-lock brakes?
  9. gaz

94, 4.0L OHV HEATING SYSTEM "THERMAL VALVE"

Hello, I am performing a complete engine/PCM/wire harness with all sensors/accessories, dash/column from a 94 California emissions Explorer to my 87 BII. Looking over the lines/hoses to the heater core, I noticed what other manufacturers call a thermal valve, mid stream of the coolant lines to...
  10. gaz

IS A 94 EXPLORER 4WABS AN UPGRADE TO A 87BII?

Hello, BII: 94 Explorer's D35+8.8", 4" suspension lift, 31.5" rubber 94 Explorer for parts I thought why not use it's complete ABS system in the BII. The Bronco will be dual purpose part time DD and the primary tow rig for a modest camper/trailer. Like I suggested, without thinking I...
  11. gaz

4.0L OHV UNDERDRIVE KIT

Hello, Who makes the best or most complete UNDERDRIVE pulley set/kit for our ohv 4.0l? I've found a 2 pulley kit from March, I remember Orthodox but I don't see many kits for this engine, many are generic for Ford, Chevy and Dodge and still more are for the Ford 3.8l and 5.0l. Just want to...
  12. gaz

10% EFFICIENCY GAIN WITH SFI MEGA$QUIRT?

Hello, The crossroads are in my sights; if it is conceivable to realize a 5% efficientcy gain from using the SFI with my 94 4.0l ohv build, I will take the leap. I would like 10% but for the amount of $ it looks like the system will cost, I will be happy with 5%. Friendly shout 2...
  13. gaz

87 A4LD/94 4.0L+ECU

Hello, PREFACE **this 1987 BII has a complete 1994 Explorer EGR 4.0L/dash/cab and engine bay wire harness/ecm swap** I finally have a replacement column for my 87 BII which came stock with a floor shifted A4LD and manual transfer case. My replacement column is from a 94 column shifting unit...
  14. gaz

4.0 SOHC OIL PAN ON 4.0 OHV

Hello, Both the pinned "How to build a 4.0l OHV for power" write up and the TECH pages suggest that using a Ford 4.0l SOHC oil pan (with it's built-in girdle) will offer a strength improvement to any 4.0l OHV engine. Can any Ford SOHC 4.0l (Ranger, Sportrack, Exploerer, Mountaineer, Mustang)...
  15. gaz

THROTTLE BODY STOP SCREW

Hello, I noticed on both the 2.9 and 4.0 ohv t/b's, when the throttle body butterfly is fully open, it's not fully opened. When my machinist bored out my 4.0l t/b he mentioned it to me also. I would like to know if there is any reason not to make be able to open 100%? edit; please forgive...
  16. gaz

87 RANGER, BII CLUSTER LAMPS

Hello, Upon getting some miles behind the Ranger again, having updated the headlights/auxillary driving lights/fog lights to fresh halogens with new power circuits, the markers/sigbals to LED's the dash was feeling left out. These old dash instrument clusters use almost 20 bulbs. I had to map...
  17. gaz

LOCATION OF AIR BYPASS VALVE

Hello, I went to the wrecking yard to hunt down a replacement lower air-box; they had several 4 cylinder Rangers but no 2.9L so I looked at their air-boxes. For the most part, they are the same. DIFFERENCES: 1) some ½" tube connection coming off the front 2) the air bypass valve (ABV) is...
  18. gaz

Wanted 4.0L HARNESS AND COMP

Hello, I am looking for a 94 Explorer/Navajo non-EGR 4.0L engine bay harness, cab harness and computer to complete my 87 BII 4.0 swap. If by chance you don't have one but know where those parts can be acquired, your input is welcome ..)
  19. gaz

VERY ODD OCCURANCE

Hello, While parked @ The local Jack-Onna-Box awaiting some brain i duced need by commercial bombardment Din-Din (that DogGone JalepenoRanch Tatert-tot bucket add finally got to me). For the 1st time while operating the truck since installing the behind the axle BII fuel tank in the Ranger, I...
  20. gaz

ELECTRONICs COMPATIBILITy

Hello, My search for the correct components to finish my non-EGR 4.0L in my 1987 BII, have me asking questions about how well what I can get, will work together: Can I use a 94, 4.0L ECC with a 92 cab harness and a 92, 4.0L engine bay harness with my 87 BII; I will be using a 94 dash, 94...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad