• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dhdaniel

Latest Sync 3 update

I finally got around to doing the Sync 3 update to version 3.4. This one was easy and only took about 29 minutes. I must say its very pleasing on the eyes, Much needed update on the background colors and all kinds of stuff. The Sirius Xm interface is also much better. I went thru FordOwner.com...
  2. dhdaniel

How to lower the rear?

I would like to lower the rear on my 2019 XLT Ranger. Maybe 2 or 3 inches. Where it would sit more level. Not interested in raising the front to level. Nor changing tire sizes. I dont tow trailers, I dont haul much of anything, What are my options? Thanks Dave
  3. dhdaniel

Navigation & Sirius question

Hello guys, This maybe a dumb question, I just dont know. Will the Navigation system still work if I have my Sirius XM turned off? Is it powered by satellite or by the Onboard Wfi? I'd like to keep it. Wife uses it alot. This gets confusing Thanks Dave
  4. dhdaniel

another odd recall

Today on my Ford Pass app I get this FSA Information FSA Title Owners Manual Engine Idle Shutdown Callout Missing Field Service Action number 20L03 thats it. Seems odd to me Dave
  5. dhdaniel

Cabin Filter

Anybody changed there's yet? I just watched the Youtube video. Its looks very simple. I see O'reillys has a Wix available for 18.99 #WP10410 My experience on the Texas Gulf Coast with our constant High Humidity and allergens these filters get funky real quick. I went 1 year on the F150. and it...
  6. dhdaniel

Ford Owner Website issues

I've been trying for some time to get into the owner.ford.com with No success. Its normally a good site to keep up with recalls and maintenance and other good stuff. I'm trying to understand how to get the Waze app installed. Thanks Dave
  7. dhdaniel

30 Day Mini review on New Ranger

Had this truck about a month now. Thought I would mention a few things. Gas mileage is great. 75 mile round trip to work. Mileage is consistantly 24.5 to 25. The dashboard readout is 26. 5. I know the AFE Bias can be adjusted but not really needed. I had all windows tinted as dark as possible...
  8. dhdaniel

Ford Extended warranty Best prices

I know Zeigler Ford has a good website and good pricing for ESP's Any others? I'm ready to purchase one. Dave
  9. dhdaniel

First review of my 2019

Good morning, I thought I'd mention my initial findings on my new Ranger, Don't take these as complaints. Just my realizations Understand that I am comparing this to my 2019 Ford Explorer Limited, with the same 2.3 Ecoboost Negatives : Engine is loud on startup. Obviously this is due to the...
  10. dhdaniel

Getting another Ranger, GOT IT TODAY!

Hello folks, been a while since I was here, I traded my tired 2006 Ranger in on a 2017 F150 STX, which is a fine truck but, time for a change. Anyway went back to my same dealer yesterday and drove the Ranger Lariat FX4, I really liked the ride quality, smoother than my F150, The interior was...
  11. dhdaniel

Identify my trans 5 speed manual

I'm trying to ID my 5 speed manual in my 2006 2.3l The door sticker has a trans code of "R" appreciate the help Dave
  12. dhdaniel

coil gone bad? picture attached

I went out and gave my 2.3 a close look, trying to diagnose a miss Looking at the factory original coil I found a massive crack across the front you can see it in the picture, I assume this could be my problem? Hopefully it will run for a bit longer, till I can afford the $80 coil thanks for...
  13. dhdaniel

Need help diagnosing misfire

My 2006 2.3 is ailing, I need help please! It starts & idles just fine, Runs up thru the gears just fine, Seems that when I apply heavier throttle in the higher gears, it wants to mis,spit, sputter what ever you want to call it. I can acheive 60-70 mph if I do it slowly. At 60, in 5th if I...
  14. dhdaniel

double din install in a 2006

I have a single din JVC that I want to replace with a Double din touchscreen unit. ON the Crutchfeild site the unit I want $399 comes with some type of adapter bracket. With a warning that you can never go back to a stock radio. I dont even have a stock radio. So how does this mount work...
  15. dhdaniel

Rear brake shoes What Size?

gotta get new shoes this morning, They show 2 sizes of shoes on my 2006 2.3L manual trans Any ideas? thanks Dave
  16. dhdaniel

3rd brake light leaks water

Looking for any suggestions, Water is leaking in, headliner is soaked right there in the middle where the light mounts appreciate any help thanks Dave
  17. dhdaniel

thermostat problem 2.3 4cyl

Today was my planned maintenance on my 2006, Replaced hoses, belt, water pump, and thermostat Only Stat that Oreillys had was the 180, I think the factory is a 195 Went ahead and put it on, had to get it running. Will this temp change cause any problems? My scan gauge usually stays in the...
  18. dhdaniel

2006 Injector replacement

My motor is starting to miss occasionally, fuel economy has dropped a bit, Mileage is 101000. Still runs fine and No check engine lights. I'd like to go ahead and change the yellow injectors. Looking for any advice & tips on the process. like how to disconnect the fuel line at the rail, I am...
  19. dhdaniel

Name this Part!

On my 2006, down below the brake master cylinder, there is a black plastic device with small green screw on cap facing forward, On the back there is a electrical pigtail, and 2 hoses coming from the main portion, 1 goes to the top of the air box, on top of engine, Vacuum line I think, or Vent...
  20. dhdaniel

'06 Hard going into 1st & 2nd

My 06, 5 speed has recently started getting a bit hard to go into 1st & 2nd the Mileage is about 56000, Could it be the Oil? I should probably change the grease , what is the best Lube? The little clutch cylinder up on the fender well,is very tight, or stuck If I keep trying it feels like it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad