• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. modelageek

Vibration/shudder while under power

2004 Ranger has a vibration/shudder while under power. Does not do it when coasting in neutral. It appears to be from the front, floorboards vibrate, etc. I jacked the entire front up and off the ground and checked as best as I could and didn't notice anything. I took it to my mechanic who...
  2. modelageek

p0351, p0352, p0353

Truck died on me about a mile from home. I pulled the codes and it pointed me to ignition coil. I got out and inspected the area. I noticed that the bracket holding the wiring harness on to the valve cover was loose. its the small bolt right in the center of the picture. it has the wire with...
  3. modelageek

A.C. magnet plate.

This might be the wrong forum but......I'm helping out a friend with a 2002 Taurus w/3.0 vulcan. His magnetic plate on the AC is fubared. Can I just remove the 10mm Bolt and the plate and be on my way without any A.C.. Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
  4. modelageek

Battery light came on?

I checked volts with truck running and I got 12.05. with truck off I am getting 12.35. Belt is good, everything else looks fine. Interstate battery is 9 months old. I assume I need an alternator. I am having a little bit of a time figuring out what alternator I need. I have the "2 holes" on the...
  5. modelageek

Oil light came on then went off

It has been raining for about 24 hours. This morning when I started the truck the oil light was on/came on. I am not sure at what point i noticed the oil light was on. Truck had been running for a little bit. Truck seems to be running fine. I turned it off and then on etc. eventually the light...
  6. modelageek

4x4 light not staying on

When I switch to 4x4 high the 4x4 light comes on and I hear the transfer case. The truck goes into 4x4 but a few seconds later the light goes off. 4x4 seems to work fine and when I switch back to 4x2 it seems to go back to 4x2 fine! Any ideas? TIA Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  7. modelageek

Leak at tranny cooling line at radiator

I just dropped in a new radiator. Spectra from rockauto. I installed the radiator and the tranny lines without much of an issue. They both have a slight leak now, it's not dripping just wet when you put your finger on them. I tried tightening them. I will let them heat up and see if that...
  8. modelageek

P2195, p2197 RUNS ROUGH

went around a wet corner and revved it a little spinning the tires. the engine died. I was able to start it and get it home. runs rough. Pulled those 2 codes. fuel pressure is 65 psi. I did a little searching says it could be intake gaskets or a big vacuum leak. all thoughst encouraged. TIA its...
  9. modelageek

4wd acting up, stuck in low. I think

The 4wd in my 2004 is acting up. Truck is new to me so not sure of the history. we got a huge storm and I went out to clear the driveway, I started the truck put it in 4wd high and it the 4x4 light went on, then it went off. The 4 low light came on. I never put the switch to 4wd low. right now...
  10. modelageek

evap system not completing and gas pump turning off

I am having an issue with the 2004 in my sig. New motor installed from an 09 a week ago. I have never driven the truck until the motor was put in so I am not familiar with any previous issue. The truck had a 5 month old current inspection sticker on it when I bought it with the bad...
  11. modelageek

Stuck in 4wd high

Just picked the truck from getting a new engine installed. Pulled into a parking lot to look it over. I wanted to test the 4wd drive so a switched into 4wd high. Then I put it into neutral and shifted in to 4wd low it clunked into low and the light came on. I then shifted out of low into high...
  12. modelageek

2004 cranks, wiil not start? Timing chain slip?

Just picked up a 2004 Ranger 4.0. 130k miles. Owner say he drove it home one night and the next morning it would not start. They towed it to a shop and the only thing the shop thinks it could be is a slipped timing chain. I cranked it over and it sounds fine? I did not have a scanner to check...
  13. modelageek

Need to paint a bumper cover

I have a JY bumper cover that needs painting. Someone is going to spray it for me. He said I could go buy single stage Nason paint. Can I buy that online? Any thoughts on how to prep it? All ideas are encouraged! Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  14. modelageek

Hiccup @idle

I have had the truck for a year. It had a bad head/valve so the idle was always bad. I installed remaned heads. Truck runs good except for hiccups at idle. I cleaned the IACV but i don't think it is an idle issue. It idles around 725. No codes. I have heard that these Vulcans do have a crappy...
  15. modelageek

Occasionaly dififcult shifting with the 5 speed?

Occasionally when I shift it is a little tough. I also notice that if I double clutch it will free the shift up so that it is smooth. This issue just started. The truck has about 110k on it. supposedly the clutch was changed at around 80k or 90k. I do not know what parts were changed. I looked...
  16. modelageek

I am repalcing the heads on my 2004 Vulcan

I have come to the conclusion that I have a burnt exhaust valve. I bought the truck in august of 2013 and have been driving it since. I will get a misfire at idle. I am past the DX stage and I am just going to swap heads. thus this thread. A local machine shop will rebuild them for about $275...
  17. modelageek

Should i put anti-seize on my belt tensioner bolt?

Should i put anti-seize on my belt tensioner bolt? TIA!
  18. modelageek

Multiple misfire codes

2004, 3.0 5 speed 108k. I have had a lingering p0304. I think it is a valve. Today the truck all of a sudden started running very bad. New Sparkplugs, coilpack and fuel filter. I pulled into a parking lot and checked codes. P0300 p0302 P0304 p0306 P0353 pending Thoughts? I had just got 10...
  19. modelageek

2003 Ford Explorer front wheel bearings

Posting for a friends truck....a 2003 Explorer, 4.6, 4wd, Auto. He had one front bearing replaced with a crappy part and it failed within 5k. Had it done again and I think it is OK. He wants to do the other side. What is the recommended brand? Timkin? Motorcraft(I was doing some searching and...
  20. modelageek

Do I have a LS diff?

My tag on the door says I have axle 97= open 8.8 410. I spun the tires in the dirt and took a picture. The passenger side(left track in pic) was definitely deeper and more pronounced but I looked in the mirror and could see the drivers side spinning.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad