• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. lil_Blue_Ford

Explorer axle swap questions

You will need the complete axle with brakes assembly. Use the Explorer rear brake hoses and hard lines, but the hose with the splitter will attach to the Ranger bracket on the frame. Use the Explorer e-brake cables from the axle to the intermediate cable. It will hook with the Explorer cable...
  2. lil_Blue_Ford

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I don’t carry it except between trucks and wherever I’m staying and I really don’t care about blending fashion or any of that nonsense. What I use is actually supposed to be a range bag for shooting. All the pockets help keep everything organized to a degree. Range bag = masculine I wear a...
  3. lil_Blue_Ford

Just figured I’d bring it up, I had to swap mine and it seemed a little worn but I thought it would be ok for awhile. Mine wasn’t. Since it also drives the oil pump, I thought maybe it might be worth another look. Yeah, pretty much how my bag get used. Hold all the stuff a modern world...
  4. lil_Blue_Ford

So, just a thought. Maybe try pulling the cam sensor assembly out and check it over. It drives the oil pump and the sensor. I didn’t notice my gauge fluctuating but it may have. My assembly had some slop in it and after a few hundred miles it turned into a real problem with choking the engine...
  5. lil_Blue_Ford

Yeah, I’m starting to organize notes. I have some notebooks that I’m starting to fill with part numbers. I‘m getting to where I’ve changed so much stuff on so many vehicles that it gets hard to keep track of it all in my head.
  6. lil_Blue_Ford

Oh, I keep stuff on hand and try to maintain a stock of common use stuff, but still sometimes I’m in the middle of a project and things happen. Just a lot easier for me to make a call and take what they sell.
  7. lil_Blue_Ford

Oh, I often went in with part numbers because I change so much stuff. Then I’d get into an argument because I’d give them the part number and they would insist on year/make/model even after I’d tell them they don’t need that information so I’d do something like “it’s a 1989 Bronco II 2wd with a...
  8. lil_Blue_Ford

New tools you've bought recently?

Yeah, I usually buy Diablo for cutting/grinding/sanding. Pricey, but they are usually made either in USA, Switzerland, or Italy and the quality shows. Metabo is a good second choice. For the bit of grinding aluminum I’ve had to do so far, a flap disk or carbide burr for aluminum is the ticket...
  9. lil_Blue_Ford

Indeed. Oh, I’ve been guilty of being an idiot before. But some yahoo working behind a counter slinging parts for just above minimum wage trying to tell someone who has tore these trucks down to the frame and put them back together again that I don’t have a clue what I’m working with, well...
  10. lil_Blue_Ford

New tools you've bought recently?

Gives a whole new meaning to “death wheel”, lol! Man that thing looks wicked dangerous. So far I haven’t had need to do such a thing, but glad to know it works for aluminum without being stupid dangerous.
  11. lil_Blue_Ford

Can’t think of which one that would be. I will say to steer well clear of Shultz Ford. I can give you a pile of reasons why.
  12. lil_Blue_Ford

There were two good Ford dealers in the area. Both got forced to close for different reasons. The one was forced out by the scummy dealer. Not sure exactly what happened to the other. The not so scummy local dealer used to be good to deal with when I knew a guy who worked parts. Between him...
  13. lil_Blue_Ford

The two most local Ford dealers to me are both miserable to deal with. One of the two screwed me over years ago and I won’t willingly do any business with them. They are not nice people and will screw you any way they can. If I have to get stuff from a Ford dealer I’ll travel a little more to my...
  14. lil_Blue_Ford

When I need a tube, I’m not getting on Amazon and waiting a couple days. I’m picking up the phone and making a call and usually within an hour it’s there. Also the closest Carquest is 45 minutes away. I have 5 other parts store options 10-15 minutes away, so it makes zero sense to travel. One...
  15. lil_Blue_Ford

What did YOU do today?

I do use the 20#. Well, I guess to be entirely fair, 20# is really misleading when it comes to the “20#” “grill” tanks. Most of them won’t hold a full 20# of propane. Usually about 18# is the most they fill to anymore and the exchange tanks are the real scam, they usually only are filled 14-16#...
  16. lil_Blue_Ford

What did YOU do today?

I‘d agree he is most likely being his usual goofy self. However, I’ve also come to realize that like most people anymore, I don’t really use words to explain things like I should to be entirely clear on what I’m describing. As a writer, avid reader, and all, I should be a lot better at being...
  17. lil_Blue_Ford

I don’t have easy access to that, so I use what I can easily get
  18. lil_Blue_Ford

What did YOU do today?

Oh boy, here we go… So they sell hoses that connect a 20# tank to the fitting for a 1# disposable tank. I got one of those hoses and put the tank in a milk crate for stability. Don’t want it rolling around in the bed, gotta be safe, right? ”Went to town” was used as a figure of speech...
  19. lil_Blue_Ford

I have rolls of gasket paper. I can, and have, made gaskets for things that you can’t buy a gasket for. But I still would RTV a diff cover before I made a gasket for it.
  20. lil_Blue_Ford

What did YOU do today?

I’ll have to look into those. I have a truck, so I make allowances for grill and big tank. For as much as I’ll sometimes use it in the nice weather months, the big tank is nice. My first decent portable grill (a Char-Broil) I got the adapter hose and threw a 20# in a milk crate and went to town...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad