• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.3 Liter - No start - no fuel pump whine when key turned

Very good - great advice. I try to keep posts to essentials but, since you brought it up, I have hinged the bed on a frame that will one day be a dump body. The lift cylinder, etc is not in but it does allow me to pivot up the bed, to check out the in-tank pump connections. I think we are...
  2. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.3 Liter - No start - no fuel pump whine when key turned

This might be of use for those with similar issues - how to test the pump relay: https://easyautodiagnostics.com/ford/4.9L-5.0L-5.8L/fuel-pump-relay-tests-1
  3. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.3 Liter - No start - no fuel pump whine when key turned

It was the green fuel pump relay. Yes, I noted the need to change the bases - pretty bad. We're in for a snow so, job 1 was just to get running. I wrapped a pretty good seal of electrical tape around the ends of the questionable wires going into the base of the relay, exchanged the old relay...
  4. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.3 Liter - No start - no fuel pump whine when key turned

Many thanks so, if I get no spray, no pressure, it's pretty safe bet it's the relay?
  5. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.3 Liter - No start - no fuel pump whine when key turned

Hey all. First post - glad you-all are here. Attempting to go resulted in no start. I cannot hear the usual whine (from a general behind-and-below location) that happens for about three seconds when I turn the key to the accessory position. When I turn the key all the way to start, the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad