• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bmtrnavsky

2.3L ('83-'97) Intake and exhaust header bolt sizes?

Does anyone know what size bolts I need for the header on a 97 2.3? I got a new head and need bolts for it. I have been to 3 parts stores and nobody can help. I also need the bolts for the intake manifold that hold the halves together and to hold it to the block.
  2. bmtrnavsky

Cam swap?

Any links on this? Has anyone here run this setup?
  3. bmtrnavsky

Cam swap?

Anyone try an 89-94 cam in a 95-11 head with the higher ratio rockers? It’s supposed to be a pretty “hot” set up. But how hot is hot? My truck is a street truck and I’m looking to get a bit of torque and HP but I need it in a reasonable part of the powerband. I pull a small boat, commute, and...
  4. bmtrnavsky

2.3L ('83-'97) Flex fan vs fan clutch

Anyone have a budget guide on the correct way to go electric? I seem to remember you can get one off a explorer? But what parts do I need? How do I wire it?
  5. bmtrnavsky

Is there a way to test your factory fan clutch?
  6. bmtrnavsky

I am tearing my motor down to do a head gasket on it so while it’s apart I’m doing a few upgrades just looking for a few HP and MPG I’m not building a race car here. So while the heads off I’ll magnaflux it, mill a couple thousands off and do a valve job on it. I’m also adding a high flow cat...
  7. bmtrnavsky

2.3L ('83-'97) Blown head?

Gonna year it Saturday. I’ve been busy at work. ABC Auto is going to magnaflux and mill my head plus a 3 way valve job for 250. I may gasket match it myself. 🤷‍♂️
  8. bmtrnavsky

2.3L ('83-'97) 88 ranger stuck on defrost

I replaced the vacuum ball and replaced my vacuum lines with silicone lines and mine started acting right.
  9. bmtrnavsky

Thinking about jumping to a 2.5L head off a 01 2.3. I hear there were some changes to the head a cam. Will this head make any more power over my 97 head? When I get it I will magnaflux it, mill it, and am considering a 3-way valve job. I'd be happy with even 5-7 HP. Mostly trying to freshen the...
  10. bmtrnavsky

It’s there. So is serpentine belt.
  11. bmtrnavsky

So I bought a second ranger last night and it died 24 miles from where I bought it. Checked all the fluids and it looked good. Radiator water was rusty but I let it idle for 15 minutes and it didn't get hot. drove it hard for another 15 minutes then let it idle some more. seemed good bought the...
  12. bmtrnavsky

Loosing coolant? 95 Ranger 2.3l

Finally had a dry day and I noticed a lot of water coming out behind the passenger side tire. Could it be a head gasket on the exhaust side? When I bought the truck I flushed the cooling system and it was rusty with blackish coolant. No oil in the water though.
  13. bmtrnavsky

Loosing coolant? 95 Ranger 2.3l

I'm losing coolant in my 95 ranger 2.3L. I can't seem to figure out where it is going. radiator looks pretty new, oil is fresh and clean, transmission fluid looks clean. I don't see any dripping under it on dry pavement. I do have really wet carpet on the passenger side, but I don't have a smell...
  14. bmtrnavsky

High pressure switch?

It was an easy fix! Thanks guys. just unplug, unscrew, and screw a new one on there. Thanks!
  15. bmtrnavsky

High pressure switch?

My compressor is new but not shutting off. I think I need to replace the high pressure switch. I’ve located it... do I need to evacuate system to replace this or does it have a valve? This is on a 95 ranger 2.3
  16. bmtrnavsky

Heater core flush

I used the Prestone radiator flush kit. Worked awesome. Mine was full of rust and sludge. I may have had the coolant ford put in in 95 in it when I bought my truck ???
  17. bmtrnavsky

East Texas Meet:

I’m in Longview Tx too.
  18. bmtrnavsky

Mustang wheel question

Sounds good. It’s pretty simple. The newer mustang had a smaller hole to hub center. They are upending it up to match the truck then they will bolt right on.
  19. bmtrnavsky

Mustang wheel question

I ended up dropping them off for machine work this weekend.
  20. bmtrnavsky

Mustang wheel question

They slide on to within about 1/2 inch of seating properly. I was thinking adaptors were the way to go. Would something like this work? (2) 25mm (1") 5x4.5 to 5x4.5 Wheel Spacers fits Ford Mustang Edge Ranger Explorer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C996B8O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_28h1DbM841YQV

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad