• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Wanted ISO: Period Correct Long Bed Topper 1983 XLT

Hi all, I have an 83 XLT with a 7' bed. I'm looking for a period-correct topper. Please let me know if you have one, your location and how much you're looking for. Thank you, Karl
  2. Wanted ISO stock rebuilt 2.8

Still looking for an engine. Bump.
  3. Wanted ISO stock rebuilt 2.8

I was driving with the broken piston. I didn't know it was broken. The truck drove beautifully, albeit with going through 1.5qts of oil in ~120 miles. I thought it needed new rings, hence my surprise when I found what I found. I believe it is a perfectly rebuildable core. It would just save me...
  4. Wanted ISO stock rebuilt 2.8

I have my engine apart for new rings and found a broken piston. Tossing around the idea of just buying a rebuilt original unit. Does anybody have a 2.8 they rebuilt with original, or near original specs? If so, how much would you look for? Thanks.
  5. Need Oil Cap 2.8

Thanks for the link, but not the same as what I had posted previously.
  6. Need Oil Cap 2.8

Hi dvdswan, Thanks for the link, but as I said in my previous post I'm looking for a NOS similar to the picture I posted or one that's used.
  7. Need Oil Cap 2.8

Hi TRS friends! I have an 83 with the v6 2.8. I had to replace the original oil cap years ago because I dropped it on the manifold and it melted. I got a replacement from the local parts store and its trash. It blew off constantly and the nozzle broke. I'm looking to find myself a nice used or...
  8. Wanted 1983 Ranger Exterior Molding/Trim

Hi all, I got my ranger painted a few years ago and unfortunately I had to discard the black molding and silver trim that goes around the bottom of the truck because it was all rotten and falling apart. I would like to reinstall that if I can find all the parts. I would also like to find the...
  9. 83 Ranger No fan speeds working.

Hey Sgt, Pig tail could definitely use a clean up, but I don't have the time now to get another one. I'm back off to school today and just finishing some other last second things on the truck before heading back. All the speeds work now, though. So it must be decent enough. Maybe when I come...
  10. 83 Ranger No fan speeds working.

Just checked it. We got no power at the orange wire, so we followed it under the fender cover. Turns out the connector to the fan fell off. I must've not of secured it well enough when I replaced it a few years ago (the plastic clips broke off). Picking up a new resistor now because the two...
  11. 83 Ranger No fan speeds working.

Thanks, Ron! I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see what I come up with. I might've even overlooked a broke fuse. I think I checked it, but I'll double check just to be sure!
  12. 83 Ranger 2.8 v6 Choke Problems

Hey all, Finally got my ranger running, but it's hard to start once you shut it off and turn it back on. Example: I drove it for 10 minutes to a gas station (starting was a little rough, but it runs good when you're going). After I put some gas in it, it wouldn't start until I went under the...
  13. 83 Ranger No fan speeds working.

Hi all. FINALLY got my ranger running well enough to make the trip from storage to my house to patch a shock tower. I noticed that none of the fan speeds work. Before I parked it, I believe one or two or the speeds didn't work. Back then I had replaced the blower motor itself. I looked at the...
  14. First Gen audio

Thanks, and will take as many pics as I can to show it off! The truck does have a cassette player, that much I do know. I'll have to figure out the side speakers when I go back to Wisconsin (I stay in Michigan for school, hence why me seeing the trucks is only between every few weeks). My ranger...
  15. First Gen audio

Yep, it's an 83. In my other post asking about the "weird combo" I had promised I'd send you pics last time I was out there. I took a few, but they were trash as I was in a real hurry. I'll be back home again in a couple weeks to finally her running again. I'm super excited. I've already...
  16. First Gen audio

Hey all, I'm curious to see what people have done to upgrade their first gens audio. I'm keeping the stock radio with cassette because I can always run an AUX off of the cassette player. What have you guys done speaker wise? When I first bought my truck it only had one speaker in the dash. That...
  17. Ebrake Spring

Hey guys, Just got finished replacing all my ebrake cables. I just received a chilton book for my ranger and it shows a couple of springs that I don't have. I think they eroded away. The only spring I have is the one from the left leaf spring area to the ebrake cable. I've attached 2 pics from...
  18. 1983 Ranger Spare Tire Location

Thanks! I just bought the book for stuff like this. Thanks again everybody!
  19. 1983 Ranger Spare Tire Location

By rack I just mean the little bar where the tire would hang/lay on, or the beam where the T hook would be bolted above/below. Just to make sure I'm understanding. The T hook is underneathe the beam so you could undo it while laying under the bed easily, then the tire right above that. So the...
  20. 1983 Ranger Spare Tire Location

Hey guys, hoping I'll be blessed with a quick reply. Been working on my 1983 Ranger all holiday week, trying to get it going again. Years ago, I replaced the gas tank and took the spare tire out for whatever reason. Now I can't remember if the spare tire goes above the little rack in the back...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad