• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. HenryMac

Brand-New Ford Ranger Raptor Totaled by Dealer Employee With Drink in Hand

Euro model... Brand-New Ford Ranger Raptor Totaled by Dealer Employee With Drink in Hand (motortrend.com)
  2. HenryMac

Tire Pressure Monitoring System - Be Honest - You Guys Aren't Doing This, Right?

And the dealership isn't doing this either, right? From the 2019 Owners Manual "Note: You need to perform the tire pressure monitoring system reset procedure after each tire rotation. Performing the System Reset Procedure Read the entire procedure before attempting. 1. Drive the vehicle...
  3. HenryMac

P2450 Ford Code - Evaporative Emission System Switching Valve Performance/Stuck Open

2019 Ford Ranger The Check Engine Light came on and I ran FORscan to identify the issue. Came back as a P2450 - Evaporative Emission System Switching Valve Performance/Stuck Open. Truck runs fine... Any Ford Tech's here? So, what happens if I just ignore this? Could be a coincidence, but I'm...
  4. HenryMac

What's a Good Engine Code Scanner For a 2019 Ranger?

I've got considerable old school mechanical knowledge... but not so much knowledge about newer engines. Our 2019 Ranger's "Check Engine Light" came on today. Truck runs just fine. I'd like to check the code myself before I take it to the dealer. So what's a good engine code reader? Any...
  5. HenryMac

2019 Ranger Transmission Noises - In A Parking Garage

About once a week I park in a 5-story parking garage. It's an all-concrete structure, I always parkin on the roof. I'm a windows down kind of guy and I notice, every time we're driving down through the garage I can hear the transmission shifting and fluid flowing noises. I seldom ever hear...
  6. HenryMac

1993-2011 Ranger Scuff Plates Installed on a 2019 Ranger

I installed these back in 2019 and they do a great job of protecting the sill plates from getting scuffed up. After modifying the plates as shown in the drawings below, I applied the silicone on the back of the sill plates and then used a putty knife to smear it all over the back of the scuff...
  7. HenryMac

2019 and Up Ranger Super Cab Owners: You Folks Received The Recall Notice For Faulty Seat Belts?

I've received 2 notices in the mail. Basically a couple pages instructing on how to check the seat belt. More here: https://www.consumerreports.org/car-recalls-defects/ford-ranger-pickup-truck-recall-seat-belt-problem-a9081261778/
  8. HenryMac

Roll Over

Probably had the dealer install a tailgate damper, his purse fell on the floor, and he couldn't hit the brake. I've seen it a million times.
  9. HenryMac

2020 Ranger. Less than 9k miles. Driveshaft bolts missing

Scary... Here's a Link Not my truck. You might want to head out and check yours though. Nobody wants to drive over their "drive" shaft.
  10. HenryMac

Opinion's on What Is Causing This Tire Wear ?

I rotated the tires on my 2019 Ranger today. I've rotated them every 4,000 miles. Truck now has 20,000 miles. These are the Hankook DynaPro ATM tires that came on the truck, dealer ordered them as LT tires. All 4 tires have the wear pattern shown in the photo's below, and the inside tread...
  11. HenryMac

Made In America: 2021 Ranger.. backslides from No. 1 to No. 16

The Ford Ranger, which was no. 1 in 2020, dropped to no. 16 due to a reduction in US/Canadian content from 70 percent to 45 percent. Link
  12. HenryMac

Your Truck Collision Insurance - Aftermarket Add On's Covered?

My Hot Rods are insured through Hagerty... But my 2019 is through State Farm. We got rear ended and are awaiting a new hitch and rear bumper cover. So I've been dealing with insurance folks for the past 2 months. I see folks doing extensive modifications to their brand new trucks. Front...
  13. HenryMac

Ford Moving toward Build-to-Order, Away from Packed Dealer Lots

Ordering the exact vehicle—color, trim level, accessories, everything—that you want
  14. HenryMac

That Stock Muffler... There's A Lot Going On In There.

Some fella over on the ranger5g site did an alien autopsy on his 2020 Ranger oem muffler. It's a turbo glass pack... and since it has a flapper valve, yes Virginia, it does have muffler bearings.
  15. HenryMac

Wondering Who Else Has Really Old Ford Trucks On This Site?

I was reading a thread this morning where the comments was made that "They Don't Make Real Trucks Anymore". That got me to wondering if anybody else has some really old Fords? We've got a '27 Roadster Pickup that I built about 15 years ago. The body is original Ford Model T Got an old...
  16. HenryMac

Adding Weight To the Bed For Winter Traction

Nearly wrecked the truck a week ago on some black ice near Cripple Creek. Twisty mountain road, heading down hill grade and the road transitioned from sunshine to shade around a left hand curve and the rear end broke loose on black ice and headed for the ditch. I was able to quickly steer right...
  17. HenryMac

1967 Shelby Mustang Barn Find

This was so fun to watch... I just had to share. 1967 Shelby Mustang Barn Find
  18. HenryMac

Check The Tightness Of Differential Fill / Drain Plug

I changed the lube in rear differential on our 2019 Ranger today. One thing I found was the drain plug and fill plug on the rear differential weren't tight? Then I checked the front differential: the drain plug was tight, but the fill plug wasn't? The argument could be made that they are pipe...
  19. HenryMac

$16,000 Adder? Who buys this Stuff? The APG Ford Ranger ProRunner

It's basically a bone stock Ranger, with different fenders and tires. Yet they have the nerve to say it's "Affordable" right in the title? Test Drive: The APG Ford Ranger ProRunner Unleashes the Ranger’s Inner Raptor This bad-ass, off-road conversion kit transforms the Ranger into a reasonably...
  20. HenryMac

Shrockworks Front Bumper Winch Mount / Bull Bar

I really like how they integrated this into the stock bumper... Link ---> Ford Ranger Ultralight Winch Mounting System

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad