• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. What are the specs on the 2002+ 2.3L Duratec 4x2 manual transmission?

I'm trying to find out the specs for the Mazda Duratec 2.3L manual transmission for the 2002 and up trucks. The tech guide doesn't list specs for the 2.3L Duratec manual transmissions.
  2. Will a single DIN CB and Stereo fit in a 2001 Ranger radio space?

Is there a way to install a single DIN CB and single DIN radio into the factory radio location? I don't want to mod the dash or the surround. I was hoping there was an install kit out there for this like there is for a single DIN radio into the double DIN space. I can't find it if there's one...
  3. 2.5L ('98-'01) P0442 rough idle and stalling. Everything checks out.

I just redid my DPFE sensor and wiring along with EGR valve and tubes. It was running great with no issues at all and no codes. Coming home from dinner a few nights ago, it stalled while sitting at a red light. Restarted, but had to keep my foot on the throttle or it would die. By the time I got...
  4. Second fuel tank besides Bronco II?

Many years ago, probably 25, a guy brought in an '89 with a second gas tank on the passenger side. It was a stock tank turned around and fueled behind the wheel well on the passenger side. He had a switch to chose passenger or driver side tank. It activated relays so the fuel pump in the tank...
  5. Wanted 1998+ ext cab 4x4 roller or running project around S. Carolina.

I'm looking for a 98+ 4x4 extended cab truck, preferably with a manual trans and 8.8 rear axle. I'd like to find a complete roller with a dead engine/trans/T-case. I will be making a post about the project here and possibly on youtube. Seller can remain anon on any social media platforms I post on.
  6. 2.5L ('98-'01) EGR tube removal

What size is the EGR tube nut on the exhaust manifold end? I have nothing that I can get in there to remove it. It's big. I want to try and find a crow foot wrench to fit it. Otherwise, I'll be trying to use my rotary tool to cut it off.
  7. Radiator for v8 swap?

My truck is a 2001 with a 2.5 and autoshatic. Is there a radiator that will drop in place of the original? What about a Ranger 4.0 radiator or 5.0 radiator from an Exploder? What fan shroud?
  8. 2.5L ('98-'01) What sensor is this?

2.5L sensor is on the side of the oil pump. I thought it was the oil pressure sensor but now I think it may be the cam timing sensor. I need a new connector. Mine is showing bare wires.
  9. 98+ firewall and Ac/heater air box reflective heat mat removal?

My truck has been down for a while. I went out to work on it and the heat shielding mat on the AC/heater box and firewall have been decimated by mice. They're hanging down on the exhaust. I have a 2.5L auto. Has anyone removed these protective heat shielding without any issues? I'm concerned my...
  10. Fuel tank/sending unit problem? A back siphon on fuel filter return line emptied my fuel tank.

I changed my fuel filter yesterday. I had just over a half tank of fuel. When I removed the fuel filter, gas never stopped running out of the return line from the filter back to the tank. I stuck the fuel line into an empty jerry can and took the old filter with me to get a new one. When I...
  11. 2001 front clip on 93-97 questions.

I searched but couldn't find the answer. I know it was done before but maybe a different forum. My 2001 Ranger finally shot it's last shot on the way home last week. I found a 1995 Ranger that took a punch to the nose. Frame is straight and damage is cosmetic. When swapping to the newer 2001...
  12. User not found and have to get new password every visit.

When I try to log in, I get a message saying "user not found". To be able to log in, I have to reset my password. I check the box to keep me signed in but every time I leave the site I'm logged out. This is a vicious cycle. I checked my browser settings and they are not set to clear log ins or...
  13. 2.5L ('98-'01) 2.3/2.5L head swap possible?

I am having head problems (sticking valves) on my '01 with 2.5L. I can't find another 2.5L engine or head anywhere. Will the later 93-97 2.3L head swap over to a 2.5L? Those are not hard to find. I'm told by the junkyard that the 2.3 has vastly different sensor locations to the 2.5. I have only...
  14. Battery cable help.

'01 Ranger with 2.5 and auto. My truck left me stranded. After working on it, I found the battery cables are bad. Does the positive cable make any stops between the battery and the starter? I want to replace it but I don't want to tare apart the wiring harness to do it. I thought I would cut...
  15. Wanted 4r44e transmission for 2.5L and other parts

Looking for a good 4r44e transmission for my 2001 Ranger with a 2.5L engine. May take a good running 2.5L engine if the price is right. Trying to find one close to upstate SC or southern area of western NC. I also need a good inside door handle pull not the one that opens the door. I also need...
  16. Transmission trouble codes after DPFE replacement

This past Tuesday I replaced the DPFE sensor due to a P1401 trouble code and cleared the trouble code out of the PCM. The new DPFE cleaned up the idle and intermitting stalling problems. I had a high idle problem though, 950 to 1100 rpm. I drove the truck hoping it would settle down and the...
  17. Water inside everywhere!

I went through the checklist. The heater core is good. The cowl is running free. The 3rd brake light isn't leaking but the rear window shows a couple drips an hour but not even enough to wet the hump inside the back of the cab. Checked the door seals and they are good. No rust around the front...
  18. Code P1401 and operational temp not reached

2001 2.5L automatic. I recently purchased a data logging scan tool and took my truck for a 20-minute joy ride. It's been running rough and getting about 175 miles from a tank of fuel. When I got back from the trip, I got the dreaded P1401 code and another response," vehicle operational...
  19. Interior door handle problem and oil guage needle issue.

First issue, the driver's interior door handle. When I went to shut my door, the interior door handle came off in my hand. The metal tore away. I'm a short old fat man with crazy he-man strength. Any ideas on how to repair this? I am looking for a new handle, screws, and clips as well if anyone...
  20. AC + Heater vacuum valve question.

The past couple weeks, I noticed that my AC isn't getting as cold as normal. Broke out the tools and average 40 psi low side and 160 psi high side. Compressor cycles on about every minute or two. All of this is at idle with the engine at normal operating temps, ambient outside temp around 91F...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad