• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.5L ('98-'01) P0442 rough idle and stalling. Everything checks out.

You're on top it. You'll get'er figgered out.
  2. 2.5L ('98-'01) P0442 rough idle and stalling. Everything checks out.

If you read back through my thread, you'll see I fixed the codes, but still had a spark knock issue and no codes. I bought a scan tool that could read sensor data and it still showed nothing wrong. Evey thing was in spec when I researched it. The MAF readings were a little off but still close...
  3. 2.5L ('98-'01) P0442 rough idle and stalling. Everything checks out.

SOLVED! I replaced the entire ignition systems again, coils, spark plugs, wires. I replaced the IAC and went back to the OE after a good cleaning with cotton swabs and contact cleaner. Replaced two MAF sensors, before replacing the entire thing. Bingo! We have a steady, altho some what...
  4. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I overall like the truck. Wish it was the version with the cat diesel and 7 speed. The 8.1 is a troublesome monster, and right after I got it at the first of Feburary, it developed fuel pump problems. The fuel pump module is NLA and sourcing one has been a two month ordeal. My fuel pressure...
  5. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Ran a few errands in the ole Strangler this morning and then parked her for a nap while I worked on and test drove the ole Jimmy 5500. I'm trying real hard to like this truck after all the problems it has given me since buying it.
  6. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

New mass air flow sensor with housing.
  7. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Some of the limited edition Explorers and Mercury Mountaineers came with AWD. I believe some had a low range. Yes, they had something like an open diff inside the transfer case, from what I can remember. They weren't very reliable and a lot of them ended up getting swapped for a standard t case...
  8. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Fiddy bucks local LKQ.
  9. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I never use the factory wiring with aftermarket radios or speakers. If I don't use RCAs to an amp, I use quality copper speaker wiring and go to the speakers. I've ran into similar issues where the factory wiring was weird or there was a faulty amp or crossover.
  10. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Scrap it, sell it, or sending it to the shop?
  11. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Dash cams are a good thing now days with idiots and liars.
  12. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I picked up the C5500 Topkick today. Just in time for the Stranger to crap it's 4r44e transmission for the third time. Only 260,000 miles and none of those miles have been hard or abusive. Maybe I should have treated it more like a $2 hooker than my daily rider. :ROFLMAO:
  13. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

She may be mine tomorrow. :love: Oh, and the Strangler is on vacation while I drive my mother's car to make sure it's still good to go for her early Spring trip. I've already found a bed for it with a class 5 hitch made onto it.
  14. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Sounds like my welding. :ROFLMAO:
  15. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Make sure there's no gaps underneath that can trap water. Water's surface tension will hold it in a crevice even when it's facing down. That's why my '71 Buick Skylark has so much rust in the body seams underneath. I don't live in the rust belt. I'm to far south for that. My family has owned it...
  16. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Drove Strangler to dinner tonight. We're having downpours. Hit the wipers and turned them on high. It sounded like a midget in my cowl beating everything with a hammer. It's time to rebuild the wiper system. Anyone did that job on a 98+ Ranger? Didn't find anything on the youtubes.
  17. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I thought I responded to you. OOOPs! That wire clamp isn't close to the exhaust. It mounts in the transmission tail housing and shouldn't get all that hot. The exhaust is over next to the passenger frame rail. My truck is OE all around. No modified exhaust or anything. I like to keep her nice...
  18. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

The Strangler strikes again. I noticed a little wetness around the driveshaft seal when I installed the new O2. It wasn't bad so I put it on the list for spring maintenance. Welp, on my way home from dinner tonight, I got on it a little bit to change lanes and the transmission slipped. So gotta...
  19. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

My O2 sensor, for the one that was ripped out, came in yesterday. I spent 10 minutes installing it and wire tying everything up so it doesn't happen again. I'm still curious as to what caused the OE plastic cable clamp to fail. It was in good shape a few months back when I replaced the O2s as a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad