• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rolling coal

Thanks. Been so busy haven't had time to run the test. However, I went ahead and ordered a set of injectors and sender and sensor. I'm going to spend some quality time with the boy replacing these. Cheap $100 bucks and either way will be more reliable. They will be here Monday then we will...
  2. Rolling coal

Thanks for the responses. I put the seafoam in to help break up if it was the injectors, as a last ditch effort. We have driven it about 10 miles on that tank around our country mile section and let it idle quite a bit. No white or blue smoke. Looks like someone is rubbing a genie lamp and a...
  3. Rolling coal

Have a troubleshooting question. My 15 year old picked up a 91 4x4 2.3 short regular cab. been sitting for some time ( 3 years) due to electrical issues. We got them figured out. Now on to other issues since it is running. It is billowing black smoke. I mean fog the neighborhood and get...
  4. 92 2.3 4x4 shortbed 5 sp frying coils

Just an update. So since we got the truck over to our house, we it has started running again on the " bad parts" The truck has been sitting for some time at his house. The truck was a corrosion nightmare. We cleaned everything up took off the EDIS clean it all real well and put on new thermal...
  5. 92 2.3 4x4 shortbed 5 sp frying coils

I will catch up with him and grab some of the old coil packs and test those for S&G and see if they test bad while waiting on this to blow these as we can't really drive this right now(have a couple other things to fix on this before we drive it too much. I was taking his word for it as he was...
  6. 92 2.3 4x4 shortbed 5 sp frying coils

Everything looks good as far as shielding. He was buying them from oreillys. Not sure which brand he was getting from there. Yes you are correct no distributor. And from what he is saying he is replacing both coil packs each time. Whether or not he needed, to i dont know. But he did...
  7. 92 2.3 4x4 shortbed 5 sp frying coils

Love this forum. My son and I have been working on an 85 ranger and my son was just given a 92 that my neighbor can't afford to drive anymore. He has been replacing coils every week. He has replaced the sensor behind the harmonic balancer, swapped computer with a parts truck, checked plugs at...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad