• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ramcharger90

97 Explorer no tach no speedo under charging.

I used an 80 Amp midi fuse and see through holder seems to be working I turned everything on and drove it didn't pop so I think it's good now
  2. Ramcharger90

The fusible link was two 12 gauge wires with a single ring connector on the starter solenoid. The b+ from the alternator is 10 gauge into those two 12 gauge wires. What I found online last night on some conversion table was 12 gauge was 41 Amp limit so 2 wire 80 amps not quite sure how accurate...
  3. Ramcharger90

So I found the problem the fusible link was broken and the yellow wire had a corrosion hole. So I would like to go with an inline fuse a guy was telling me a 30 Amp should work he was wrong it pops immediately. What should I put in place and what Amp rating for a 130amp alternator?
  4. Ramcharger90

So I replaced the alternator but it still isn't charging. And the battery light is not coming on now. I checked the voltage and it is dropping. The green wire reads the battery voltage which was at 12.55 after I charged it. The yellow wire was lower like 9 but dropping. I checked to see if the...
  5. Ramcharger90

Sport track 8.8 axle tube issue

This was at my buddies shop guy was driving down the road and heard a bang. The rear he got to throw in doesn't look to far off from doing the same thing. Seems like they are developing a dimple inside of the u bolt.
  6. Ramcharger90

I think I have a spare lying around but I don't know if it's any good. I just wouldn't get why it would be fine the all of a sudden happen on a short drive home.
  7. Ramcharger90

My wife sent me this earlier today. Then a video of her driving with no speedo would an alternator cause the tach and speedo to drop out? She said it wouldn't restart after she got home. I haven't had time to mess with it, but I think that alternator is less than 2 years old.
  8. Ramcharger90

Need airbox ideas?

Do yourself a favor and make sure it won't take a nice cold drink down there. I had, key word had... a Subaru 2.5rs where the cold air was sitting in the fender above the fender well and I hit a deep puddle going fast at night and water split the plastic liner from the fender and it took a drink.
  9. Ramcharger90

Truckspotters

That's pretty much what the head of svt from that time period stated. Other then the lightning drive train and bumper it was a just an expedition. They didn't do it because it was about a year and a half until they changed body styles. They should have done a limited run I think. Seriously just...
  10. Ramcharger90

Truckspotters

Watched a video on this Expedition Ford almost made, Lightning drive train and front bumper SVT Thunder it was suppose to be. I want it.
  11. Ramcharger90

Vehicle shaking

Just put a new fuel tank and fuel pump in the 98 awd explorer when I turn the steering wheel at slow speeds and stopped the whole vehicle shakes. The power steering reservoir is full and has no bubbles. If feels like a low power steering fluid shutter. I was thinking either rack and pinion was...
  12. Ramcharger90

Do larger throttle bodies really work?

So when the 3.0 died in my 98 the guy got a 3.0 from a Taurus swapped the intake and oil pan etc around and put it in. He said the truck moved better then the other 98 3.0 5spd he wrecked. So who knows.
  13. Ramcharger90

I think there was 3.8 mustang throttle body was 10mm larger then the ranger. That's the only reason I did it. Obviously we are talking about 15 plus years. But I don't think I would have wasted my time doing it if it wasn't larger
  14. Ramcharger90

Years and years ago I had a 98 ranger with the 3.0 and 5 speed I did the 3.8 mustang throttle body and a cold air intake factory manifolds but a new exhaust. It was a little bit better on economy and acceleration atleast it seemed that way, nothing to right home about. I put an 8.8 in it after...
  15. Ramcharger90

Need airbox ideas?

I moved my battery to the tool box on the bed of my truck. I flipped the box upside down shortly after this picture the battery was blocking to much air flow. You might be able to build something that has a snorkel to try and draw air from in front of the radiator between the rad and battery.
  16. Ramcharger90

92’ Eclipse, any other dsm guys on here?

I thought about doing a swap with a 4g63 in the ranger The only Trans I could find that would bolt up was from a D50 or mighty max. That would break so fast. Wonder if anyone made an adapter yet for rear wheel drive?
  17. Ramcharger90

Wifes new ride

Fuel pump went bad. I pulled the tank well it's time for a new tank... but these hillbillies I got the truck from did some dopey shit to the Fuel pump harness Lucky it's just the pumps harness not the main harness. Probably a junk yard Fuel pump they cut wrong and decided to rig it rather then...
  18. Ramcharger90

Why did ford not put a under hood light on my 02 ranger fx4 off road ?

I always liked the under hood light from the old Dodge power rams and ramchargers it had a long retractable wire so you could pull it almost to the back of the truck. Old school and completely obsolete today but still cool.
  19. Ramcharger90

Popping from intake

A little burnt ordered a new cap and rotor I also ordered new plugs I'll reset the gap but I have P heads im bored 30 over with a Bcam and 1.71 roller rockers with 24lb injectors so I'm not sure the .54 gap for P heads is still adequate or to much. I'll have to get a new ignition module for the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad