• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. TheCitrusMaster

AC alternating hot and cold

It seems I still have the overheating issue, as it began to overheat again today in traffic. It is better than before, but still not fixed.
  2. TheCitrusMaster

Overheating at idle with AC on - Already replaced fan clutch

Ok so I have a 2000 Mazda B3000. One day in heavy traffic on a 100 degree Texas day (just a regular day in Texas) I noticed my temp guage about 3/4ths of the way up. Also, my AC stopped blowing cold. I took the exit ramp and as soon as I gained a little speed my temp went back to normal. Well...
  3. TheCitrusMaster

AC alternating hot and cold

Ok, so my 2000 Mazda b3000 started doing this about a month ago and I feel it is slowly getting worse. I am thinking it is probably just low on refrigerant but I haven't checked. Before I fill it up or take it to a shop I wanted some other opinions on the matter. 1: When I start the truck AC...
  4. TheCitrusMaster

2000 Ford Ranger 7.5-8.8 Axle Swap

I guess that what I am asking is if the flange fitment on both the 7.5 and 8.8 are the same. I could have probably worded all that better.
  5. TheCitrusMaster

I am eventually planning on swapping in a 5.0 from an explorer. The explorer rear end takes welding and other things that seem more complicated than simply swapping in a ranger axle. Although the explorer axle has a 31 spline as opposed to ranger 28 spline, I have heard that any 8.8 will do fine...
  6. TheCitrusMaster

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger (Mazda B3000) Ext. Cab with the stock 7.5 rear end. It is a 2wd, 3.73. I am wondering, if swapping in a 8.8 axle from another ranger with the same 3.73 gearing, is there any modification necessary? Will it all bolt up? Will the driveshaft bolt up with no modifications...
  7. TheCitrusMaster

99-01 Coil spring V8 swap

How much did shipping cost? I thought shipping a whole car was really expensive. I might have to look into that...
  8. TheCitrusMaster

I went to a car auction a few months ago and they had a running 99 explorer 2wd with 140k and 5.0 that sold for 500$. After titles and fees it would have been about 700. It had a misfire, but I had seen that one of the spark plug wires had been cut or torn or something so that might have been an...
  9. TheCitrusMaster

Well now since I have a lot of the smaller details hammered out I am going to start looking for a donor explorer. I see a ton of 5.0 Explorers and Mountaineers out there, but about 90% of them are 98s and Awd versions. I see few 99-01 models and much much less 2wd versions. There is only 1...
  10. TheCitrusMaster

I'm liking the idea of using an 8.8 ranger rear end. No welding, no lowering, and I may even get to keep limited slip. From some quick price checks I am thinking I can get one for about 200 or so. The ranger 8.8 axles do seem pretty common. If I could sell the explorer rear end for 100 it would...
  11. TheCitrusMaster

Since I am doing the tilt steering I will go ahead and lift the cab up. I know getting the mounts off might be a pain, but I am betting that clearance will be worth it. Thanks for that tip I would much rather keep stock height than lower my ranger, but that being said those lowered rangers do...
  12. TheCitrusMaster

Yes you have a good point. I dont know anyone that can weld, but I am sure I can find someone, I'll keep an eye out.
  13. TheCitrusMaster

Hmm, that is a really good idea. So what all do you need to remove in order to lift the cab? Is it just the body mounts, or do you need to mess with the steering, brake lines, and other stuff? If it is just as simple as removing the body mounts then I will definitely give that a try. 3 or 4...
  14. TheCitrusMaster

Don: Thanks! I probably will do the tilt steering wheel. You make the power windows sound like a pain and more trouble than they are worth, so I will avoid those. It would be nice, but keeping the old-school crank isnt all that bad really. I would really like to use the stock explorer exhaust...
  15. TheCitrusMaster

Ouch, I didn't think about actually being able to access the bolts. You are right, thinking about it now, those will probably be pretty hard to get to. That being said from what Win has said dropping in the engine from the top is the best way to go, so I may end up doing what you did. If you...
  16. TheCitrusMaster

Wow quick response nice! I was planning on putting the engine and transmission in separate, so OEM pan seems like the way to go for me then. Thanks! I guess ill probably go with the explorer manifolds. Any experience with clearance (frame, steering, motor mounts, etc.) using these headers...
  17. TheCitrusMaster

Hello I have a 2000 Mazda b3000 extended cab 2wd coil spring suspension. If I did this swap, my donor would be a 5.0 explorer/Mountaineer 2wd 99-01. I would get the whole vehicle. My truck has the 3.0 and runs good, but WOW is it SLOW. I would probably wait until something breaks to do this...
  18. TheCitrusMaster

2-3 Shift Flare 4r44e

Just a follow-up, in case anyone else runs into this issue. I replaced the VB gaskets, EPC solenoid, and installed a shift kit from trans-go and it works great now. My truck actually had a bonded separator plate, but some spots were still peeling up. I sanded off the old gasket from the plate...
  19. TheCitrusMaster

HELP - Electrical issues - Trying to start knocks out all power and causes rapid clicking under the dash in the passenger area.

Update: Today I had my last final exam, and I started working on this truck as soon as I got home. I sanded and cleaned up all of the ground connections to the body, the ground to the motor (which was very hard to get to) and replaced the battery terminals. I also swapped the battery from my...
  20. TheCitrusMaster

HELP - Electrical issues - Trying to start knocks out all power and causes rapid clicking under the dash in the passenger area.

The 50A fuse goes from the ignition to the starter relay, and from there to the starter. I already replaced that relay, so I dont think that is the issue. I am going to install a new wire from the relay to the starter, and also new battery terminals and see if that fixes the issue. I took a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad