• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Danno1985

Ideas to make doors close softer/eliminate rattles

Hey y'all, I have a 2011 XLT Super Cab (2 doors) with just over 127k. Like both previous older Rangers I've owned, the doors seem to require a pretty significant amount of force to shut. Because I'm familiar with my truck's quirks, I have a techique down where I'm able to lose the doors gently...
  2. Danno1985

2.3L ('02-'11) Here's a new one for y'all

Last night, I was playing a gig. Finished up, walked outside and the entire block was surrounded by police tape. I guess there was an argument at a teenage Airbnb house party and some dips**ts decided it'd be a great idea to have a Wild West shootout in the middle of the street. 😡 I couldn't get...
  3. Danno1985

Wanted 15" Aluminum Wheels for 2010 Ranger

Looking for a set of either these: or these: My truck is minty so they'd have to be in good shape; I'm not interested if they're all chewed up or corroded. Looking for something I can pick up within an hour or two of Milwaukee, WI. Thanks!
  4. Danno1985

What the heck is going on here? Clunk when braking (video).

For the last few hundred miles, I've noticed a distinct metallic "clunk" sound from the front passenger wheel well anytime I go over a pothole or bump. The last week, it became noticeable even on highway expansion gaps - sort of a knocking sound. I booked an appointment with my mechanic but...
  5. Danno1985

Intermittent Drivers Side Low Beam Cutting Out

This weird issue popped up last night while pulling into my garage a couple nights back. I use the headlamp pattern on the back wall of the garage to judge when I'm fully inside the garage (garage was built for 1920s-sized cars and the super cab Ranger is a very tight fit length-wise). I noticed...
  6. Danno1985

DIY rehab worn driver's seat foam tips

My 2011 is starting to exhibit the typical sagging in the driver's side bottom cushion of the 60/40 bench, and it's gotten to a point where I need to address it. It's affecting my posture in ways that are exacerbating all kinds of issues on any kind of longer drive. At this point, with the...
  7. Danno1985

Hankook Kinergy ST H735 premature wear/feathering issues

2011 Ranger XLT 2wd supercab here with just over 120k. About midway through last summer, I bought a set of Hankook H735 tires from Discount in the stock 225/70r15. I've always been a Michelin LTX guy when it comes to pickup tires, but they're no longer offered in the stock 2WD Ranger size, so...
  8. Danno1985

Wanted Wanted - 1993-7(?) Style Mudflaps/Brackets

Hey y'all, I'm looking for a set of mud flaps and brackets, preferably from a state that doesn't see road salt. Can't seem to find them on the bay to save my life, and figure someone out there has to have a set of these sitting around since many folks remove the flaps for clearance or looks...
  9. Danno1985

For Sale 2004-5 egg crate-style grille - no cracks/pitting

I have a 2004-5 4x4-style grille just collecting dust. $30 local pickup in Milwaukee, otherwise you pay for shipping. No cracks, all tabs solid, no pitting on chrome frame or logo.
  10. Danno1985

Rhythmic creaking + shimmy from rear while braking - stuck e-brake?

I've recently noticed an annoying creak from the rear end under braking that is accompanied by a minor shaking feeling. Only occurs when the brakes are applied, and the rhythmic frequency slows with the vehicle's speed. Initially my thought was "warped rear rotor causing the shake + shake...
  11. Danno1985

For Sale 2011 Rear bumper + brackets (read notes) - Milwaukee - $100

Rear bumper from my 2011 XLT in black. This bumper has a mild twist from a low-speed fender bender. Not really too bad, and you can likely play with the alignment on the brackets enough to get it reasonably straight. NO RUST. Not even a speck. This came from a Southern truck that was well...
  12. Danno1985

For Sale 2004-5 XLT Mesh (4x4) Grille - $80 + shipping

Honeycomb/black mesh grille from a 2004 Ranger XLT, fits all years 2004-11. No cracks, chrome in great shape with no pitting, all mounting tabs intact. Meetup in or around Milwaukee or you pay for shipping. Thanks!
  13. Danno1985

Rear-ended yesterday

Yesterday, I was in a turn lane to merge onto a freeway. The light turned green and traffic hadn’t started moving yet, but the guy behind me must’ve been distracted because next thing I knew I felt a sharp “bang!” and the truck jolted forward. I don’t think he could’ve built up much speed in...
  14. Danno1985

Coils for 2011 Ext. Cab

I've been getting increasingly annoyed with the way my truck leans a little in the front left corner, and have also recently noticed my front shocks seem to be fading, so I'm planning on setting aside a Saturday in the near future to refresh the front suspension. I was leaning towards the Moog...
  15. Danno1985

Hellwig 550 EZ helper springs on 2010-11 with rear discs

I put a fiberglass cap on my 2011 XLT for the winter and almost immediately noticed the back sagging a bit, so in addition to looking at some new coils for the front to level out the "Ranger lean", I'm looking into refreshing the rear suspension a bit as well. I've had great luck with Hellwig...
  16. Danno1985

"Ranger Lean" - how much is normal, and how to remedy

A couple days ago I was looking at my truck from the front and the front left corner seemed to be visibly "squatting", so I took out a tape measure and found the driver's side front to be about 1.5 inches lower than the passenger. The back was pretty much even. Seems to be a pretty common topic...
  17. Danno1985

2011 2.3 (auto) winter tire options/opinions

It's October, and in Wisconsin that means it could be 70 one day and snow the next, lol, so I've been looking to get a set of winter tires for my 2WD truck to mount on some rims so I can just swap them over myself later in the month when I see average temps start to drop. I really, really like...
  18. Danno1985

Wanted WTB: Front Mudflaps/Brackets

Looking for a set of front mudflaps/splash guards. I haven't had any luck finding these in a junkyard, but I know a lot of folks ditch these, so I'm hoping someone has a set laying around. I actually have a set of the newer style of flaps (see first image below), but they didn't come with the...
  19. Danno1985

Rear Swaybar Installation Tips

I recently grabbed a factory rear swaybar from a junkyard regular cab Edge to add to my 2010 2wd. I can see where it's supposed to mount up, but getting it up over the rear diff without snagging any lines seems like it's going to be a PITA. Before I take a crack at this, anyone have any tips to...
  20. Danno1985

Poll: Adding OEM-style flares to my 2010 XLT

Truck is a 2010 2wd XLT with a 3" lift and 235/75r15s. I've been eyeing the Bushwacker oem-style flares, but am on the fence. I like the way the flares make the truck look beefier, but from some angles they look weird on the regular cab. I'm also not super crazy about drilling holes, but my bed...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad