• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Toilet bowl cleaner eats rust.

My son sent me this video and I thought I'd share it. I'll still use the wire wheel on my bench grinder for most bolts but this would save time on weird shaped parts.
  2. definitions

Guys probably expect me to chime in whenever someone talks about an extended cab Ranger or a Ford with posi- because niether exists. I live on a dirt road in a town with no traffic lights, can someone tell me what a "block" is and if there is a standard size for a "city block", please? I can't...
  3. son in law's rocket

As a kid I built Estes model rockets that were maybe 18" tall. My son in law builds model rockets, too. This one is a model of a soviet era 3 warhead rocket, he built it from sctratch and it's a little taller than mine were. There's a launch video attached...
  4. Old project

I found this in my sent folder, I wrote it years ago to the man who bought this car in answer to his questions about it. It sounded like he thought I built it with a bunch of used stuff, which I did- after I rebuilt everything. The 2.8 turned a 1500cc Alpine with a 2 speed automatic into a...
  5. Here's an odd duck, what do you think?

I'm not an Econoline fan, having worked on too many of them, but this is unique.
  6. Dodged a bullet yesterday

I planned to rebuild a carb for a friend yesterday but the sky cleared so I decided to mow the lawn instead. I started my Ranger and drove it into the garage so I wouldn't blow grass on it and smelled gas. When I got out, I saw a trail of gas behind the truck. I lifted the hood to look around...
  7. EV accidents

Anyone who's read my posts knows I'm not an EV fan. The power grid won't handle charging them in big numbers, the range shrinks dramatically in cold weather, and optimistically, the battery will last 10 years before the vehicle turns into lawn art. I talked to an old customer who retired from...
  8. Coolest engine swap you've seen

My son and I go to car shows and the Northeast Street Rod Nationals every year. I like to see good workmanship and clever builds, I've seen way too many 30's and 40's Fords with SBC's(orange painted grenades) in them. Last June at Carlisle, we saw a PInto wagon with a dual Stromberg flathead in...
  9. I figured it out today

The sloppy garage band that sings "there's a lot to love about you" in Subaru ads irritates me to no end. It occurred to me that Subaru wants to sell their cars to people with tin ears who won't hear the main bearing knock all their engines make.
  10. For Sale 71 Boss 351

My nephew recently inherited the Boss 351 his father bought new. It has the original drivetrain, the engine was rebuilt once in 74/5, toploader 4 speed, and 3.91 geared 9 inch Traction Lok. Now the bad news, it was wrecked in the early 80's and has sat on the lawn behind his grandparent's house...
  11. Wanted 93 defroster grill wanted

I need the plastic defuser for the defroster opening on my 93 dash. My Vintage Air system is recirc only and the defroster isn't very effective, maybe having a difuser on there would help.
  12. Wanted 93 defroster opening trim

I need the plastic grid that covers the defroster opening on top of my dash.
  13. 96 SVT Ranger prototype

Other than no rear bumper and the dopey looking exhaust poking out through the roll pan, I like it. It's just a bonus the projected mileage was better than the overcomplicated, Rube Goldberg designed 4.0 sohc. https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/ford-ranger-svt-v8/
  14. Tesla using Ford Transit Connect

Are they hypocrites or does it make sense to use a dependable van to deliver your parts? Our local Toyota dealer plows their yard with a Ford, says something about their opinion of a Tundra's capability.
  15. Best tools you own

I bought a Snap On thread chaser kit that I use all the time. It was under $100 at the time and has a lifetime warranty, I crushed the 5/16 coarse thread chaser die in my vise trying to hold it and it broke in 3 pieces. Free replacement. I snapped off a tap chaser in an intake manifold- which I...
  16. New low emissions, hi torque engine

1500 lb/ft of torque at under 1000 rpms and it won't stress our already inadequate power grid. https://www.autoevolution.com/news/examining-the-low-emission-106-liter-opposed-piston-engine-from-achates-power-170377.html
  17. EEC IV programmers

This isn't about my Ranger, I'm working on a 57 T Bird with a stout 351 with aftermarket port injection with EEC IV. The Id on the processor is from an 89 Crown but I'm sure the internals are non Ford, there's a square hole cut in the side of the case and a programmer plugged into it. A phone...
  18. For Sale 78 Mustang II 2.8 v6 carburetor

I have a carb off a 78 Mustang II that I rebuilt for a 2.8 swap I did on a Sunbeam Alpine and never used, found an Offenhauser Dual Port manifold cheap and put a 390 Holley on it. Anyone want to make an offer? I didn't realize a price was required how about $100 to start and we'll dicker?
  19. Pertronix Flamethrower distributor

I've installed Pertronix units in a couple points distributors and been happy with them so I decided to buy a Pertronix distributor for my 351 Ranger. It's shiny billet which doesn't appeal to me but it has bearings instead of bushings on the shaft and was very simple to wire. The problem is the...
  20. Wanted Defroster air defuser for 93

I need the plastic air defuser that fits in the dash below the windshield. Mine is missing. Thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad