• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. icetherice

Volvo V70 fan blowing fuses

Well she's only got about 12,000 miles on her so I hope blowby isn't too bad yet haha ;) Did a compression test last week with 150 across the board. Thanks again for your prompt responses, Ron (y)
  2. icetherice

Very true. Maxi fuse did the trick, 30amp relay hasn't welded itself shut yet, gonna keep the 40amp on hand though. Pics included. Bonus picture of my catch can setup, works pretty well, started catching fluid the first day.
  3. icetherice

Wow really... I have the fan that had the PWM control module attached to it. I cut that off and wired it direct. I just picked up an 8awg blade-type maxi fuse holder, a 30 and 40 amp maxi fuse, and a 40 amp relay.
  4. icetherice

Thanks Ron, I forgot about inrush current. I'm currently running an ATG fuse so that makes sense. Do you think my 30 amp relay going to survive the initial surge of current..or do I need to source something beefier.
  5. icetherice

This might be in the wrong section but I didn't see a section dedicated to cooling so I figured I'd post here. I hacked in a fan from a V70 today and wired it accordingly with a 30 amp relay to a switch. Every time I try to hit the fan it smokes the fuse. Is this fan too much for a 30 amp...
  6. icetherice

DJM 4/5 won't align??

It rotates, just not very much. It's racked all the way inboard in that picture. I suppose I could alter the bolts and cam washers to allow more movement if I find that full range is obstructed somehow. I'll mess with it soon..planning to cut a coil from the front and block the rear or something...
  7. icetherice

DJM 4/5 won't align??

I haven't addressed the issue, been busy with work and travel. Did you solve it?
  8. icetherice

OBDII delete? '66 289 into a '00 153

In the process of building up a 289 engine, carb'd. Wondering what speedbumps I'll run into shoehorning it into an OBDII chassis....anyone have experience?
  9. icetherice

Rich Condition, Sticky TPS, Datalogs

Few months back a new MAF solved my P0171. Now I have a P0172. I think HO2S1 is finally kicking the bucket because I've gotten many more 'dropped voltage' spikes. The anomaly I was seeing last time I played with my datalogger when I was chasing the lean condition. Going to drop the whole...
  10. icetherice

Torn between swap and turbo

My 2.5L has about 8k on it now and I want more power. I have a 289 block and heads in the shop right now but I'm starting to look lustfully at the Hahn 20g-TD05H sitting on my shelf. I'm not going to ask permission to run three atmospheres of boost on hypereutectics and stock 2.5 rods, just...
  11. icetherice

DJM 4/5 won't align??

They are installed correctly. The thrust washers are against the frame bracket and the cam washers are outside the thrust washers. I'll post up a few pictures.
  12. icetherice

DJM 4/5 won't align??

Those are what I have... NAPA part #264-2953 camber/caster kit
  13. icetherice

DJM 4/5 won't align??

I just went out to the garage and broke loose one of the driver's side control arm cam bolts. It appears that the bolt won't turn 360...and that where the mechanic left it is indeed the maximum travel of the bolt... I will verify tomorrow but it looks like I may end up buying the BKX-Centric...
  14. icetherice

DJM 4/5 won't align??

Thanks for the reply, that's my problem. The tech said he maxed out the cams on both sides...but they are not even close to horizontal... I was under the impression they were supposed to go all the way around which is why I was surprised to hear him say they were maxed as shallow as they are...
  15. icetherice

DJM 4/5 won't align??

Does anyone have pictures of their alignment cams after their alignment was done?
  16. icetherice

DJM 4/5 won't align??

I've found the BKX-Centric offset poly bushings for the upper control arms..which could be a possible solution assuming that the alignment cams are maxed. I've heard a lot of people having negative camber issues..but positive? I could always just unbolt the UCAs and check for additional...
  17. icetherice

DJM 4/5 won't align??

I installed: DJM LCAs, UCAs, 2" drop coils, end links NAPA part #264-2953 camber/caster kit DJM Rear Flip Kit Energy Suspension Poly bushings in rear leaves/shackles. Calmax Shocks all around. My final alignment numbers (that aren't in spec): Driver's Front +1.6* camber +5.3* caster...
  18. icetherice

The ranger 'lean'...swap the leafs?

Dirtman, that's some good information, I didn't think about that. The Ford part numbers between the leaf springs are identical though, so I have to believe they are intended to measure the same on the Ranger.
  19. icetherice

The ranger 'lean'...swap the leafs?

In the future I may, but the difference in the measurements between the springs was almost nil so I didn't. Probably wouldn't have hurt though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad