• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Original_Ranger84

Restoration or refubishing.

Hey guys its been a while since i've been on but I'm back home for the summer and I have decided its time to take the old 84 out of hibernation. Its been sitting for the last few years with little use since I have my 99' and most recently my mom's gotten herself a 03'. Anyways I know I want to...
  2. Original_Ranger84

Thinking about a solid axle swap for my truck...

Alright so I have a 99' Supercab 3.0L 4x4. I've got a manual trans/t-case, swapped in explorer leafs and an expo 8.8 in the back already. Cranked the t bars but with the addition of the explorer rear end stuff it now sits like 2 - 3" taller then the front again. Currently i've got the IFS with...
  3. Original_Ranger84

Sound Dampening Mats, Whats good?

Alright well I decided I want to quite the interior of my truck a bit and make it a nice place to listen to music on the highway cause my tires for the summer and winter plus the exhaust drone can make trips to school or to the city very tiresome. For those of you that have installed mat did...
  4. Original_Ranger84

Alpine MRP 300F Speaker Input Plug?

Does anyone know where I can get one of these plugs? I need it to hookup my amp and I didn't get one with my amp. Its the 8 pin Molex Plug with the white/grey/green/purple wires. I've been searching and searching but every site i go to says its discontinued (even though they are still...
  5. Original_Ranger84

Bad Engine Whine only When i plug in my Sub

Alright so as it is I have a 99 ranger, Pioneer Primier DEH 410UB headunit, Pioneer Primier 6x8 door speakers that are hooked up to an Alpine MRP F300 4 channel amplifier with Rockford Fosgate wires and RCA's. The system sounds fine with just that stuff hooked up ( a little bit of noise if the...
  6. Original_Ranger84

Whining P/S -55 degree weather?

Well I'm up in Fairbanks going to college now and well... the power steering decided to crap out or its just locked up a bit cause of the cold i'm not really sure. I drove around today earlier around 2 pm for about 30 minutes and it was fine, warmed my truck up for about 30 minutes before i...
  7. Original_Ranger84

01+ Tire questions...

Ok well I'm down in Ohio visiting my mom and I'm looking over her truck cause its getting about 12 mpg.... the tires are wearing funny and one has a possible bulge... I'm changing the fuel filter and checking the plugs/wires (if they have the tools here) for the fuel mileage cause neither have...
  8. Original_Ranger84

Who all is in Ohio? Specifically Dover/newphilly?

Hey guys whats Up, I'm down in Dover, OH for the rest of the month and I was wondering if there was any TRS'ers around here. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting anyone else on the site living up in AK and all. Wondering if theres anything cool going on or whatever? :icon_thumby:
  9. Original_Ranger84

98+ front Yoke and Shifter bolt size?

I am just going to swap my fron yokes in the manual I put in and the electric i pulled out if its not to labor intensive. so What holds the front cup yoke on the 98+ ranger T cases in? snap ring on the inside? I know the manual one I have has a front yoke with a nut holding it on, will i have...
  10. Original_Ranger84

What Sized Tires do you think I should get?

OK well my Mickeys are getting pretty worn down now or atleast one of them is... :annoyed: So I'm in the market for some new tires... Not sure what size to get though... I have some 31's on it right now but I have it lifted a little bit now and can fit 33's under it. If I got 33's they would...
  11. Original_Ranger84

Originals 99 Build thread

Well I seemed to have lost my old build thread so hopefully this one I'll be able to update enough to keep it around. So this is my truck when i first got it. 1999 Ranger XLT 4x4 3.0L v6 / M5OD Ext. Cab 4 Door / Stepside Bed Metallic Blue A few weeks later I swapped off the...
  12. Original_Ranger84

2nd Gen 2wd Lift opinions

OK so my brother got my grandpas old truck. 1990 Ranger xlt 2wd, 4.0L/Auto, Extended Cab with a shell on the back. Anyways its got the stock 14" rims and like 185/60R14's or something rediculously small. And my mom told me to find a way to get bigger tires under it cause it looks dumb. I was...
  13. Original_Ranger84

Its Official, My 84 is gonna get restored I think..

So with my mom moving down to Ohio and my bother gone with her, my dad is bored and alone at our house in Homer and since I'm in anchorage I go and visit when I can. Anyways he has a VW golf for dd and we have sold the camper and have no need for the diesel but still have a need for a truck...
  14. Original_Ranger84

Headlight questions... THEY SUCK

Ok well after a year or so of owning my 99 I am officially fed up with my lights... I have soon to be 10 off-road auxilary lights on my truck partially cause my regular headlamps suck! and partially cause I love light lol When I first got the truck the lights were not the best I bought it and...
  15. Original_Ranger84

School me on 4 channel amps!

Ok well I burnt a lot of midnight oil and stayed up all night pulling my interior out running wires through the door rubber things hooked up all of my speakers with the wire ran them to the amp hooked up the amp to power and the rca's up turned on my stereo and amazingly I somehow managed to...
  16. Original_Ranger84

Computer Relearning

Hey so I finally got a new battery in my truck after the old one crapped out. But it had been sitting for a while and I took the battery out as it wasn't holding any charge and got a new one at Sears so it probably spent 3 hours un hooked while I did other things. I got it hooked up and started...
  17. Original_Ranger84

Speaker Question... 90 ranger

OK well I'm christmas shopping for my brother right now. He is living elsewhere so I can't check the fitment on his truck. My dad got him a CD or is getting one for him that has USB and whatnot so he can use his zune and I figure I'll get some front speakers for the truck so he has good sound...
  18. Original_Ranger84

Need Battery Advice

So I am pretty sure I am in need of a new battery... I have the original motorcraft battery thats going on 12 years old almost and its getting cold out.... So I figure its time for a new one. I went out and got an Optima Red top from costco for like 140 but I'm thinking that may have been a...
  19. Original_Ranger84

Almost prepared for winter

Finally got around to doing some more of my winterization plans. First I finally got a new 130A alternator! Although I still need a battery as my truck is having a hard time turning over if its really cold out. Then I got my Amber fog lamps on. They work freaking wonders in fog and bad snow...
  20. Original_Ranger84

Rethinking rear speakers...

Right now I have a Pioneer deck which is awesome and 4 6x8 pioneer speakers that sound pretty good but they lack in the deep bass so I added a sub (Memphis 12") but it kind of prevents the passenger from leaning back or adjusting the seat at all it also makes the back even more unbearable to sit...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad