• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. obd1 = obd FUN... OR, why I am mad at my truck right now

It's actually pretty easy to do using the existing EGR system. I just stuffed a vacuum/pressure gauge on the upstream reference tube of the EGR and revved. Got 2-3 psi. I never understood referencing after the cat. Unless you have a significant blockage in the muffler, the pressure after the...
  2. obd1 = obd FUN... OR, why I am mad at my truck right now

Mileage is 112k. Compression was perfect in May when it was checked. No coolant leaks. No vacuum leaks detectable and no other symptoms of vacuum leaks. I've already determined that it's not an A/C issue, I was just using that as an example so you knew what it felt like.
  3. More bearing issues. Somebody just shoot me now

I did read through the thread. Most of the nut solutions in it won't fit behind my manual hubs. I took it apart yesterday. The keyways are intact, the pins are intact, but everything is loose. Almost as if the bearings wore out and allowed play. Just trying to figure out why three sets of...
  4. More bearing issues. Somebody just shoot me now

Correct. On the driver's side, the retaining ring with the keyway and holes doesn't stay in place because it just gouged out the threads. Take a look at the thread I linked for pictures. I solved that issue temporarily by using an additional spacer between the bearing and inner nut. This...
  5. More bearing issues. Somebody just shoot me now

Thanks for the link
  6. More bearing issues. Somebody just shoot me now

Referencing this thread: Brake job gone wrong 94 B4000. Manual hubs from a 92. Quick synopsis of the above thread. Bought the truck with 80k on it a couple years ago. It developed a front bearing growl so I replaced them with Timken stuff. Drove it for a few months and took it for safety...
  7. obd1 = obd FUN... OR, why I am mad at my truck right now

I will look into it. So far I've tried checking grounds and adding an additional one (jumper cables from the block to the battery) but no change. Tried whacking the EGR too in case it was coked up. No change, although that doesn't prove anything. The exhaust was recently off, so I have...
  8. obd1 = obd FUN... OR, why I am mad at my truck right now

Help me dive into these codes before I start throwing parts at it. 94 Mazda B4000. Driving: Part throttle cruise is surging almost like a misfire but not rough-running. Almost as if you are cycling the AC compressor on and off rapidly or instantly going from 40-60% throttle about 5 times per...
  9. Now a good time for headers?

94 B4000. Had to remove exhaust for a clutch job and (yay rust belt) busted the manifold flange bolts. Having trouble finding a driver's side manifold with EGR. Should I just go with headers? How bad are the $250 kits on Amazon or Ebay?
  10. Good steering box?

As much as I'd love a rack and pinion, 4x4 and twin I beam makes that no bueno. My current box is really sloppy, and judging by the binding I get, it has already been tightened... maybe too much. Looking for a good replacement. My experience with reman steering boxes has been awful. None of...
  11. Wanted WTB interior door panel(s) and maybe headliner

94 Mazda B4000 ext cab. Looking for good door trim panels. PW/PL/PMirrors. Mine have become brittle and most of the clips have broken off so they rattle. Prefer tan, but could dye them if you have gray. Important part is that they are in good condition. Only need driver's side, but if you...
  12. 5.0 swap... unless you can come up with a better idea

Overkill, plus overkill, plus more overkill... I LOVE IT.
  13. 5.0 swap... unless you can come up with a better idea

SOHC would be 75% of the work, but next to zero benefit. Same displacement, higher torque peak RPM. Modding an OHV is do-able, but kinda polishing a turd. You can port the heads to get quantity of flow, but they port design will never offer quality of flow. Anything I do (short of forced...
  14. 5.0 swap... unless you can come up with a better idea

17 mpg empty, 11 towing 3500 lbs in the mountains. Runs great. Just slow. The percentage of time I spend towing is actually pretty high. In the non-summer time I'm often towing a 14' landscape trailer, but that is light and mostly around town. During the last two weeks I put about 1000...
  15. 5.0 swap... unless you can come up with a better idea

Oh, and if I went 302, I'd do EFI. We do have a visual check for emissions here and I can't imagine sneaking a Qjet past an inspector without an extra $50 on the sly :)
  16. 5.0 swap... unless you can come up with a better idea

In general, I find the 4.0 to be barely adequate on its own without a trailer. I can always maintain speeds on hills, but it takes a bit of gear-rowing to do it. The boat is 3500 lbs or so with some gas, an anchor, plus the trailer. I find that (with the boat) I have to pre-emptively...
  17. 5.0 swap... unless you can come up with a better idea

I don't mind a little turbo 4-banger. Certainly would save weight. But are they a good choice for towing? Some turbo motors are well-suited for long periods of foot-to-the-floor, and others are designed for one stoplight to the next.
  18. 5.0 swap... unless you can come up with a better idea

These past two weeks towing the boat on vacation really convinced me I need more oomph than my 4.0L OHV can provide. For the longest time I've been craving a diesel swap, but it's difficult to find one in the 3-4 liter range that has A) a decent aftermarket, B) doesn't cost a fortune, and C)...
  19. When a brake job goes wrong - how to fix this

Nope, manual. I had broken auto hubs from the factory, so I went and got the nuts and manual hubs from a 92 to replace them. The answer is, they won't work with either. I ordered a pair, and they are very nice and look like they could survive nearly anything, but they don't fit. I'm not even...
  20. fuel injector part number

I'm having trouble finding correct fuel injectors for my 94 B4000. Does anyone have the Ford or Mazda part number so I can cross reference? Both the Ford and Mazda parts websites only show gaskets and filters for the fuel system so I can't find it there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad