• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Bracket racer

Video of “the swamp donkey”

And in case you thought I didn't abuse my (2wd!!) f150 either in the woods.... Or drag racing it....7000rpm shifts!!
  2. Bracket racer

Oh, and as for video's, this is what the Bronco Sport is capable of when lifted and fitted with bigger tires and full skid plates... and the trail the DAY BEFORE A HUGE SNOW STORM that I wrote it off in...
  3. Bracket racer

The other reason I haven't been around forever is drag racing, I really enjoy off roading, but I LOVE drag racing. I'm currently switching my bracket racing mustang which has been parked for 27 years into a U/SA Stock Eliminator car. I bought a blue 86 from alberta to race until my white 83 was...
  4. Bracket racer

Well after putting the snow tires on it in Nov and then parking it...and it sat....until today....Hit the key and it fired right up ready to go play!! Looks goofy with the little tires though, lol. Haven't been driving it or boots or even Dora much because we got a bronco sport...which I just...
  5. Bracket racer

Had some "non off road" types stop by. Of course had to take them out for a rip to show them how fun it is!
  6. Bracket racer

Difference between start and run?

What a dumbass……. After checking all the wiring diagrams I said heck with it and put 2-3 gallons of gas in it. Cycled the key and it fired up and runs fine🤬 Gauge is still saying 1-4 tank. more to come….
  7. Bracket racer

Difference between start and run?

I parked boots after a good run which included water (the video is under “video of donkey” ) elsewhere, anyway, shit it off and it wouldn’t start. Ok, cycle the key because it’s sounds out of gas (still 1/4 tank) fires right up and runs for 2-3 seconds then “runs out of gas”. Crank all you want...
  8. Bracket racer

Here’s another one, I didn’t take the donkey this time, I drove “Boots” instead. Of course the wife had “Dora” (the explorer😁) It was snowing and I started blowing snow. Then I thought, “wtf am I doing, I should be playing in the snow, not working!” I’ll plow tomorrow….😉
  9. Bracket racer

Those were alders and they grow that big in a few years. They are trimmed every 5-10 years. That area was trimmed in 2020.
  10. Bracket racer

Not that I know of. Sprayed for what? They spray for various bugs… A swamp donkey as per the dictionary is an “old ugly tramp who hangs around bars preying on young men”😳 Yes we found out after naming😳😳 Anyhoo… here’s my latest, this is with “Boots”.
  11. Bracket racer

Thanks! I have to separate off roading and drag racing though😂😂 Starting another channel soon to move all the non-off road stuff to.
  12. Bracket racer

Not sure who remembers, but I built a 91 ranger on here called “the stumpy swamp donkey” a few years back as well as a 06 ranger named “boots”. It was named that because my wife’s mud truck is a 02 explorer called “Dora”. (Dora the explorer.. get… never mind) Anyway, been away a while and have...
  13. Bracket racer

06 ranger build “Boots”

Been out playing with the new bronco, not ranger specific but fun adventure!
  14. Bracket racer

06 ranger build “Boots”

Let the wife drive “boots” as I ran the camera and drone. We went to my cousins for the May 24 weekend mud run. I had to put a chebby on the video because the two rangers on rockwells and tractor tires were broke😢 Anyway, here’s the video…
  15. Bracket racer

Did you lift your 1998-2011 Ford Ranger 4x4?

I wanted to put 33’s on the 06 (07??) and since it had no box, the rear was way up in the air. So I cranked the stock keys up all the way. The issue I’m having now is the rough ride, so I turned the bars back about 2-3 full turns, basically until the front started to drop and then back up...
  16. Bracket racer

Project Putt Putt: 2002 B3000 4x4 swap thread

Awesome work on the rest ends, what do you do for a living? I was a mechanic for 36 years and it was rare to find a regular mechanic that knew how or would attempt at setting up a ring and pinion. You saw what you had to do, bought the tools and did it!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
  17. Bracket racer

The "Donkey" build/rebuild

That picture doesn’t do it justice😂😂😂 Under the white computer hold down strap (top right of picture) it looks like something white on the floor?? It’s actually a hole into the fender well. All the mud it packed through the hole and filled the wiring harness😳 more tomorrow…
  18. Bracket racer

The fuse box wiring is pretty bad and I found where the inner fender is pounded up to give the 35’s room, it is pinching the main cable running from the fuse panel to the computer. Inside, I pulled the computer and the wires and everything was packed in mud and rocks. I can’t remember how many...
  19. Bracket racer

Well, the donkey has been sitting for several months due to the electrical issue. After working on the fleet the last few days I decided to put it in the shop. Boosted it (both batteries were dead) and it barely turned over when it roared to life!! Just aching to go out I guess😂😂 Anyway...
  20. Bracket racer

Can my 4.0 OHV push dana 44 front and 60 rear?

Definitely swap it!! Forget hp, if it is 4.11 or even better 4.56, a 4.0 will pull it no problem. I’ve seen a 2.3/5spd ranger, all stock, buddy put 44/10.5 with 35’s and with 4.56’s it was no speed demonat highway speeds, but excellent in low range off road. Remember a 4.0 is either 165hp or...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad