• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dirtman

Fired a .700 nitro express today...

So I spent $80 on one bullet to get the experience of being hit by a truck... I'm gonna go lay down for a while and maybe call some orthopedic surgeons in the morning...
  2. Dirtman

Realistic expectations at 100 yards with a .22lr?

I don't shoot .22lr much but picked up a second Marlin model 60 and a cheapo 4x20 scope down here in Georgia and started plinking, I already had a Marlin model 60 but it was old and beat to death so it was retired to hang on the wall and I never actually fired it since I was a kid. Anyway, I...
  3. Dirtman

Dead mans guns...

Are you legally supposed to do anything if you inherit guns? No paperwork, no info, literally just handed a box of a dead guys guns. I'd like to do things by the book here and make sure they are legally in my name or whatever. I don't think I need to do anything for the long guns but not so...
  4. Dirtman

How do you email larger video files?

Simple question, how do you email someone a video file? Gmail only lets you send like 10mb and the file is 400mb? Is there another free email service that lets you send larger files? Or another way to do it?
  5. Dirtman

High fuel trims? Do this!!!

For literally 3 years I've been chasing strange high fuel trims. Not high enough to set a code of effect the performance much but still enough to make me constantly suspect a vacuum leak. I checked every way I could and never found a leak so I gave up and just accepted the fuel trims on my...
  6. Dirtman

My Maverick is ordered!!!!

https://mavericktruckin.com/forum/index.php?threads/reaerved-mine.80/ Reserved it at $23,590, from what I understand they cannot change the price from now till delivery? Hybrid FWD but they are scam artists. You want one little thing and it only comes with 10 other things in a "package" so I...
  7. Dirtman

Dash cam SD card problems (long and complicated story) need help

Ok so I have two dash cams, one front and one rear. They run independentantly not connect to each other. Each one has a 32GB SanDisk extreme pro card rated for 4k video (tested them and they are NOT counterfeit) both speed and size match the specs. Ok so the cams are set on loop record so they...
  8. Dirtman

Is there a GM "Forscan"?

Curious if anyone knows if there is software like Forscan but for GM vehicles? My brother in law's Colorado is having transmission issues and my regular scanner is having trouble getting into the transmission control module. Figured I'd see if there's anything like Forscan I can use before I...
  9. Dirtman

Do you wait for a CEL to replace a downstream O2?

I know you should replace the upstream O2(s) on a schedule since they degrade over time and will kill your fuel mileage, I did my upstream a while ago but never bothered to do the downstream sensor cause I'm lazy. The downstream sensor is now 12 years old so I figured lemme check what it's...
  10. Dirtman

Anyone ever make a "temporary" bed?

I decided I'm gonna take the bed off my truck and replace a couple of the cross rails, paint the bottom and the rear of the frame, and drain and clean the fuel tank but wanna take my time but also not have the truck un-driveable during the process. So anyone ever make a temporary wood flatbed...
  11. Dirtman

Anyone switch to 0W oil?

0w use to be more expensive but now it's the same price as the equivalent weight in 5w or 10w so can't see any reason not to switch. I ran 0w20 in the ranger last winter instead of 5w20 and got a minor reduction in noise on startup when it was really cold. Thinking about just using 0w in all...
  12. Dirtman

Power port timer

OK so here's he deal,I have 2 dash cams (one front one rear) wired to a double throw toggle switch. In position 1 the switch powers the cameras on only when the truck is running, position 2 gives them full time power even when the engine is not running so I can keep recording in a parking lot or...
  13. Dirtman

Knots!!!!

I've had a "Knot" in my back under my right shoulder blade for like a month and a half now. I've tried stretching every way possible, my lil electric TENS gizmo, rubbing it, hitting it with a hammer, I even took a hot shower! Nothing works! It's driving me nuts, makes it uncomfortable to sleep...
  14. Dirtman

What causes battery crusties

In 12 years I have never had an issue with crust forming on my battery terminals on my truck. Today I checked and the positive terminal was covered in white/blue crust. I cleaned it off with some baking soda and water, cleaned the terminals really good with a wire brush, tightened them back up...
  15. Dirtman

Is the stuff in your truck safe in heat/cold?

You guys ever wonder about how the gear you keep in your truck handles the summer heat or freezing winters? I have my battery jump pack, cell phone battery charger, miscellaneous glues and tapes, my tire air pump, all those sort of electronics (especially ones with batteries). Do you think that...
  16. Dirtman

Plug tools

I carried an old cheap set of victor tire plug tools for years, the reamer is finally so worn that it's smooth so I retired it. I just bought 2 different little kits from the parts store, used them on some old tires and both bent, one the handle just fell right off. Nothing is quality anymore...
  17. Dirtman

Why doesn't my security light blink?

I drove my friends new 2007 ranger this morning and noticed his security light blinks constantly when the truck is off like a typical alarm system warning light. On my 2009 it blinks for like 10 seconds when you first turn the truck off then stops. I want mine to blink all the time? Why doesn't...
  18. Dirtman

Vinyl repair kits

Theres 2 tiny holes in the vinyl of the armrest of my new console that I'd like to fix. Do those little vinyl patch kits they sell at places like autozone work? Seems you gotta kinda blend your own color to match. Anyone done this? Advice? Or just find a new lid?
  19. Dirtman

Warranty vs self oil changes.

Any merit to the idea that ford can void a warranty if you service your oil yourself and don't have a receipt for one from a dealer or other place? Sounds stupid but I can put in better crap than a damn midas can and my mom thinks I'll void the warranty? @adsm08 I insist on 3k oil changes and...
  20. Dirtman

Explorer console swap, floor gap?

For those who have done the full length explorer swap has anyone come up with any clever ideas to fill the gap between the floor? It came out of an explorer with thick carpet and padding but my truck just has rubber which is alot thinner so there's a small gap under it. Otherwise it fits...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad