Search results

1. Jim Oaks

RIP Rush Drummer Neal Peart

Neil Peart, the drummer and lyricist for Rush, died Tuesday, January 7th, in Santa Monica, California at age 67. The cause was brain cancer, which he had been quietly battling for three years, according to Elliott Mintz, a spokesperson for the Peart family. A representative for the band...
  2. Jim Oaks

Flagging my attention in the forum (tech, contributions, features, etc)

Hey everyone, I'm always looking for good tech info to add to the site, or trucks to feature on the front page. If you come across something that you think should be added to the Tech Library, or a truck you would like to see featured, make sure you reply to the thread with a @Jim Oaks. This...
  3. Jim Oaks

Looking for Ranger's to feature...

I've featured some new Ranger's on the front page of this site, but what I really want to see are modified Ranger's of individuals from this site. Not Ranger's built by companies to show off their work or products. Can't wait to see these new trucks modified by their owners and posted in this...
  4. Jim Oaks

Return of The Ford Courier?

Since 2018, there has been talk about Ford bringing back the Ford Courier as a smaller pickup under the Ranger. This pickup would be based off of the Ford Fusion. You can find more details and photos in my article at: https://www.blueovaltrucks.com/ford_articles/return-of-the-ford-courier/...
  5. Jim Oaks

We have a new branch of military - Space Force

https://nypost.com/2019/12/20/trump-officially-launches-space-force/
  6. Jim Oaks

25th birthday

My daughter got me a cake today for my birthday that say's Happy 25th. I'm a little past that ;)
  7. Jim Oaks

Do you have a specific diet for health?

When I was younger, people went on a diet to lose weight. The word diet was always associated with weight loss. Over the last few years, I've heard people talk about specific diets to stay healthy, with a concern about diseases and cancer. I've known people that are a specific diet, or avoid...
  8. Jim Oaks

Ford Motor Company is issuing a safety recall for select 2019 Ford Ranger for Tail Lamp Function

DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 25, 2019 – Ford Motor Company is issuing a safety recall for select 2019 Ford Ranger vehicles. In affected vehicles, the inline electrical connector terminals for the tail lamps may be misaligned or not properly seated. Misaligned or improperly seated terminals can result...
  9. Jim Oaks

Craftsman replacing Kobalt?

I was in Lowes recently and saw Craftsman tools everywhere. While I grew up with Craftsman, and loved their lifetime warranty, I have switched to Kobalt. I just like them more. My daughter's fiance' just got a big set of Craftsman tools. The box says made in China. The ratchet kept locking up...
  10. Jim Oaks

Unlimited Off-Road Show - Texas Motor Speedway

I can see Texas Motor Speedway from where I live. I'd like to eventually be able to show some Ranger's here.
  11. Jim Oaks

Ford is issuing a safety recall for select 2019 Ranger SuperCab vehicles for the right-front seat belt.

DEARBORN, Mich., July 12, 2019 – Ford Motor Company is issuing a safety recall for select 2019 Ranger SuperCab vehicles for the right-front seat belt. In affected vehicles, the right-front seat belt may have been improperly assembled. Improperly assembled seat belts may not adequately restrain...
  12. Jim Oaks

Safety recall for select 2019 Ranger trucks for transmission shift cable bracket fastener

DEARBORN, Mich., May 15, 2019 – Ford Motor Company is issuing two safety recalls in North America. Details are as follows: Safety recall for select 2019 Ranger trucks for transmission shift cable bracket fastener Ford is issuing a safety recall for select 2019 Ranger vehicles. On some...
  13. Jim Oaks

FORD issues safety recall for select 2019 Ford Rangers for an HVAC blower motor issue

DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 14, 2019 – Ford Motor Company is issuing a safety recall for select 2019 Ford Ranger vehicles. In affected vehicles, the HVAC blower motor may have been built with an improper clearance between an electrical terminal and the conductive base-plate slot that may result in a...
  14. Jim Oaks

TRS Goals For 2020

What do you think they should be? My mind has been distracted lately thinking about: How do we stay relevant after 20 years? Should we do another event? Should we do a TRS group project? Should we create our own video production, and what should it contain? At some point, it would be cool...
  15. Jim Oaks

Fuse box diagrams

Anyone have the fuse box diagrams for the 1983-1992 Ford Ranger? I'm wanting to add them to the site, but I'm finding conflicting information. I know that these had a sticker with the diagram on the back of the dash panel cover, but I wanted to add them here anyway.
  16. Jim Oaks

Future Of Mid-Size Adventure Trucks

I just wanted to share an article with you guys that I posted on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/future-mid-size-adventure-trucks-james-oaks/
  17. Jim Oaks

Our New Health and Fitness Forum

I have created a Health and Fitness forum for those wanting to discuss: Physical / Mental Health Issues Dieting / Healthy Foods Working out / Fitness / Supplements Check it out: https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?forums/health-fitness.225/ If you have a thread in the forum...
  18. Jim Oaks

Depression....

Do you struggle with depression? I know some do. Most of us come to this forum to get help with our truck, or to share our truck related experiences. But if you're feeling depressed, you may feel alone dealing with this personal and private issue. The truth is, you're not alone. I've seen the...
  19. Jim Oaks

What is your workout routine?

I'm sure I'm not the only one here that goes to the gym. I've been going 3x's a week for about the last 5-years or so to try and stay in some shape that isn't round. I could definitely use a trainer, and a healthier diet though. I know this is a bit of a broad question, but I'm wondering who...