Search results

1. 97Ranger3.0

A/C Compressor Clutch Engages with Heat on...?

Hi everyone, So I recently fixed my non working A/C in my 1997 Ranger. I had to replace the compressor and got the system recharged the other day and it now works great. This morning though, I went to turn the heat on as it was a little chilly and I thought I heard that subtle 'click' sound...
  2. 97Ranger3.0

Upgrade to 130A alternator or no?

Hey guys, looking for an opinion on what to do. I've got a 1997 Ford Ranger with the 3.0 which has a 95 amp alternator from the factory. The alternator was already replaced when I bought the truck and seems to do fine. However, I've added a two speed electric fan from a 3.8 Ford Thunderbird...
  3. 97Ranger3.0

Shudder/Vibration Around 40-45 MPH, then 60 MPH +

First of all; I'm not sure where best to post this, so if it needs to be moved elsewhere I'm sorry about that! So, I've got a 1997 Ranger 4x4 3.0 5 speed regular cab 7' bed. I've had this issue since I got the truck 2 years ago and have still not figured out the issue. Basically, there is this...
  4. 97Ranger3.0

Parking Brake Pedal Problems, Looking For Help!!

Looking for advice on my parking brake pedal assembly issue for my 97 Ranger. Recently, I noticed that my parking brake pedal skips so I don't have a functional parking brake anymore. When you press in the pedal and get a little bit of tension on the cables, it suddenly skips and pulls your foot...
  5. 97Ranger3.0

NEED Y-Pipe for '97 3.0 Ranger

Looking for a Y-pipe for my truck. My truck is a 1997 3.0 4x4, not sure what other years would interchange but I imagine probably 95-97 would. I just need the section of Y-pipe in between the manifolds and cat pipe. I cut mine up when I did my clutch job and I can't get it to stop leaking and...
  6. 97Ranger3.0

WANTED: Extended Radius Arms, 3" TTB Lift Springs

Currently looking for: -Extended radius arms (12" longer than stock or so, hoping to find longer radius arms that still mount ahead of the trans mount so I don't have to make a new one.) I'm not opposed to buying diy ones if they look like good quality. -2.5-3" lift springs from the...
  7. 97Ranger3.0

93-97 Doors Vs 98+ Doors

I'm wondering if anyone knows if 93-97 doors are interchangeable with 98+ Rangers? I know that in 98 the cabs were lengthened on these trucks to get more cab space, so I'm wondering if the doors were lengthened too or if Ford just extended the back of the cab some to get extra space. Thanks in...
  8. 97Ranger3.0

P0172 & P0300 codes intermittent

Hey guys, so I've been having a P0300 code intermittently and recently started throwing a P0172 code in my 97 3.0 ranger. The P0300 code has happened about 3 times that I can remember, the truck would suddenly start misfiring hard for 30 seconds then smooth back out and be fine and the code...
  9. 97Ranger3.0

Spec Stage 2 Clutch Disengagement Issues

Hey everyone, looking for some insight into my clutch disengagement issues. Basically, I replaced & upgraded my clutch with a Spec Stage 2 clutch, a new master and slave cylinder, and also a new flywheel. I like the way it drives with the new clutch, but it doesn't seem to disengage fully. If I...
  10. 97Ranger3.0

Explorer Rear End - Spider Gear Wear?

Hey everyone, I bought a ford explorer rear end to swap into my ranger; however it has some odd chipping in some of the teeth of spider gears as well as on the outer edges of them. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if the spider gears are still useable or if I should replace them? I'm asking...
  11. 97Ranger3.0

My 1997 Ranger 3.0 4x4

Hey everyone! This is my 1997 Ranger XL with the 3.0, 5 speed manual and 4wd, and a 7' bed. This truck is my daily driver, so this isn't going to be so much of a build thread per se, but I will be doing some light modifications and thought it might be cool to document my process! These...
  12. 97Ranger3.0

Vibration at 3000+ RPM ???

Hey guys, I'm looking for some help and this is a strange one... Recently I did a bit of work to the cooling system on my 1997 Ford Ranger 3.0 XL, and after the work I now have a vibration/shudder/rumble that occurs at 3k rpm and up. What's weird about it is that prior to doing this work, I...