Search results

1. insaneranger

Found - Cigarette Lighter for My '88

I found what I needed plus a complete set of chrome dash & radio knobs. The chrome on all of these is nearly perfect. I asked around & found a private owned junkyard full of rangers & bronco IIs. He even had a cool navy blue ranger from a military base with Air Force markings & USAF dash plaque.
  2. insaneranger

I saw those on ebay weeks ago, but I'm not spending upwards of $30 on a used lighter. I'm headed to Knoxville & Gatlinburg this week & plan to hit some junkyards along the way. I'm sure one will turn up.
  3. insaneranger

Northern aluminum raditator.how well do they work?

I made them with some angle aluminum from Tractor Supply & then polished them.
  4. insaneranger

Shaved & Bagged '88 Super Cab

Added a set of PIAA 40 series driving lights a while back. These have been sitting in a Rubbermaid container since I bought them new in 2005. It's funny what gets lost & forgotten when projects get put on hold.
  5. insaneranger

Northern aluminum raditator.how well do they work?

I've been using the Northern V8 conversion radiator since December of 2018 & it fits & works great. The Northern fits perfectly in the front supports. A small 14" 1,650 cfm electric fan kept the temperature between 185-195 degrees this summer even on 98 degree days with a 185 degree thermostat &...
  6. insaneranger

I don't care if it functions, as long as the chrome is in good condition. I don't smoke. I just want my interior complete again. Thanks.
  7. insaneranger

PIAA light covers & installation kit. New, old stock.

Bump. Feel free to shoot me an offer for all or just part.
  8. insaneranger

PIAA light covers & installation kit. New, old stock.

Here's a new set of light covers/protectors for PIAA 40 series rectangular lights. This piaa kit was a factory option for a Suzuki samurai or sidekick, but I just installed the lights in my '88 ranger & the covers don't fit the openings in my GT bumper cover so I'm selling. The switch has never...
  9. insaneranger

Aluminum fan shroud

Here's a Northern polished aluminum radiator fan shroud with a cutout for a 14" electric fan. I purchased it new a couple weeks ago, but I'm unable to use it. Includes adjustable ring, along with installation hardware to allow use with mechanical fans if desired. Total shroud dimensions - 15...
  10. insaneranger

B&M 70266 SuperCooler Automatic Transmission Cooler

The cooler made it safely. CA to East TN in two days. Wow! Thanks for the fast service. (y)
  11. insaneranger

I just got a fresh nitrogen tank today so I've been playing with the new bags. Here's the truck sitting low...
  12. insaneranger

Here's a close up of the dry rot on the old bags. Believe it or not they didn't leak at all, but it was a matter time. The majority of air bags will fail from dry rot long before they ever wear out. The rear bag was cracked all the way around the top. Here's a large tear in the front bag...
  13. insaneranger

V8 Swap Smaller Steering Box suggestions

I have a Trans-dapt relocation kit & it works great. I mounted it forward of the steering box on the outside of the frame, but you can mount the filter bracket anywhere you want as long as you use hoses that will reach.
  14. insaneranger

Thank you. It's in the shop getting the new air bags installed, but I'll take pics when I go pick it up.
  15. insaneranger

Interior Door Handle Bezels for 89-92

I appreciate the help.
  16. insaneranger

Gettin' new bags today. My old Contitechs were awesome, but after 12+ years they're starting to crack and split from dry rot so it's back into the shop before I end up stranded on the side of the road. This time I'm using Slam Specialties HE6's on the front and Airlift Dominator 2600's on the rear.
  17. insaneranger

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I just ordered a set of bezels from them along with some dark red colorbond interior paint and some other goodies.
  18. insaneranger

I'm looking for a pair of 89-92 interior door handle bezels with rubber gaskets and the screws in good condition. Both of mine are cracked and missing the rubber gaskets. I've been to several junkyards and all are either broken or have been picked clean. Thanks.
  19. insaneranger

I finally got the new Boyd "Junkyard Dogs" installed today. I'll get a picture of the truck with the wheels tucked in a few days. One of the rear air solenoids is sticking so I need to disassemble it and check the condition of the rubber diaphragm. A couple members have asked me for pics of my...