Search results

1. Dirtman

Ranger Christmas wish list...

You people are too greedy. All I want is a new wide mouth Gatorade bottle for under the front seat. My old one is starting to reek.
  2. Dirtman

2.3 carb help. What are these gizmos?

Yea that's how I was thinking it had to work since theres no pipe/tube connecting to the exhaust manifold. this engine was pieced together so theres no way of knowing if the port is in the head or not. I'm just gonna hook it up and go from there. I'm thinking the choke is probably more to blame...
  3. Dirtman

Well I'll try and hook the egr up, and see if I can just wire tie the choke open. Its somewhere to start.
  4. Dirtman

What the heck is wrong with parts stores?

I kept the old Walker exhaust catalogs to do stuff like that. Just browse through and find pipes and adapters to make the exhaust I want. I made a true dual system with both exits on the passengers side for my old ram charger with all random oem replacement parts doing that. Took me hours...
  5. Dirtman

Was this a serious answer? I cant tell anymore lol.... The thing that looks like an egr doesn't hook to the exhaust in any way, doesn't even have a place to put a pipe from the exhaust manifold? Is there a port in the head or something that routes exhaust to that side? The choke thing makes...
  6. Dirtman

This was as good as my guess! This engine is about as simple as they come and all the basics look good (plugs, wire, timing belt, etc) so I'm fairly certain it's something wrong with this carb.
  7. Dirtman

I'm not ashamed to admit I suck with carbs. This was just dumped on me. It's a pinto but it's a 2.3 so figured you guys would be useful. The guy says he can get the engine to fire up and idle but it sputters and dies out if you give it any gas. So I'm just giving it a once over before digging...
  8. Dirtman

Tranmissions

Oh ok then
  9. Dirtman

Tranmissions

If the bell housing broke I'll guarantee the pump is destroyed which is the most expensive peice of the transmission...
  10. Dirtman

We have local recycling centers too, but they are pretty strict on what you can dump. They wont take old paint or random concoctions of unknown toxic chemicals. Strictly motor oil in the motor oil tank and antifreeze in the antifreeze tank, and they watch you like a hawk. The parts stores are...
  11. Dirtman

One of the only benefits of chain parts stores is that they are usually required by law to take used motor oil and antifreeze for recycling. I take great advantage of this. I leave filthy milk jugs and buckets of all manner of disgusting fluids and goo at the back door of my local advance. Your...
  12. Dirtman

Engine assembly lube

Never touch the inertia switch! They only work (properly) once and need to be replaced. The only reason they can be reset is so the vehicle can be driven far enough to get somewhere for repairs.
  13. Dirtman

Man.... remeber when moog parts were actually better than oem stuff? Dem were the days.
  14. Dirtman

Engine assembly lube

Yup this is what I always do on older engines. Newer stuff without a distributor just dont hook up the fuel system or just use clear flood mode to crank it over without firing. Do it 5-6 times in short bursts and your oil system should be primed and ready for the engine to fire.
  15. Dirtman

Tranmissions

My th400 has the bell cut off and an ultra bell installed so it fits bb ford. Just bolts on with the pump..
  16. Dirtman

Holy heating bill!

What we call horse apples are way different here. They look like regular apples but just taste like crap so you throw them at horses...
  17. Dirtman

Realistically if you're a car guy, you should walk in to a parts store knowing the part numbers you need. I loved those customers, they'd hand me a peice of paper with numbers on it. I'd get parts, they give me money. No words exchanged. If they were the wrong part, not my problem.
  18. Dirtman

Holy heating bill!

I like my spiders thank you very much... they drive away the camel crickets.
  19. Dirtman

compatible swaps. 30yr difference Auto -->> Manual.

Sell both, buy new truck...
  20. Dirtman

Holy heating bill!

It's all over the roadsides around here. When the fruit starts dropping it's kinda like driving over a road made of softballs... nothing eats the damn stuff. Even bugs don't seem to touch it so I assume it's pretty poisonous.