Search results

1. 1986 Ford Ranger 2.0l Manual Trans RWD

Good luck with it! I had the same problem with the shifter in my 86, back in the 90's. Ended up being some plastic snap-ring at the base of the shifter if I remember correct. Had been getting very loose for a few months and then all of the sudden it broke and wouldn't go into any gear at all...
  2. Show us your 2019 Ford Ranger - Get a decal!

How could the Toyota Tundra not like cold weather? It's named after a large, frozen wasteland; i.e TUNDRA! :stirthepot:
  3. 1988 Ranger Restoration - Keeping a Promise

Not to get too far off base on a Ford forum but a friend of mine has a 2018 Charger RT/Scat Pack with the same 6.4 Hemi. He's got the automatic as I don't think Dodge offers a manual in the Charger. He'll light that thing off from across the parking lot and it sounds like an angry F**'ing...
  4. The 2019 'Loan Ranger', and 2019 Ranger Adventure

Sorry I'm late to the party Jim but I'm subscribed now. It seems like a pretty capable little truck, this new Ranger. From my one experience driving it I was impressed. If I bought one I think I'd have to ask the dealer to swap out the Hankook's for better tires for me before I even took...
  5. Drove one last week

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on GM forums as well as this one before pulling any triggers. I'm interested in the Nissan Frontier also but I've heard their transmissions don't like to pushed too hard either.
  6. Drove one last week

Very Nice! The white looks good with the chrome package. Since it appears you traded a 2006 Colorado for this, I'm curious if you looked at the new Colorado? If so, what helped you make the decision to buy the Ranger? I'm asking because I would be tempted to buy the Colorado/Canyon over...
  7. 1988 Ranger Restoration - Keeping a Promise

I was more referring to the frame and suspension design. The frame/suspension was basically a scaled down F-150 from that era. The body and interior? The drivetrain? Yes, they were all basically a product of the time. The engines were underpowered, transmissions were weak, cabs were tinny...
  8. 1987 STX supercab build

Sorry I'm late to the party, I must've missed my invitation in the mail. Sounds like you're making good progress so far. Looks like the rust on this truck wasn't all that bad, compared to what I'm used to seeing here in PA. Around here, if you can get a vehicle to last more than 10-15 years...
  9. Part number/source request - cab floor support

Have you tried LMC Truck Parts? Surprisingly they have a good selection of parts for these early Rangers.
  10. 1988 Ranger Restoration - Keeping a Promise

LOL! One can only imagine! Two questions: Did you ever adapt the Benz supercharger to this truck? and are you still running the Gen 1 heads or did you swap to the slightly less delicate Gen 2 heads from the 1990 donor truck you picked up? Even the "improved" head castings for the 2.9 are...
  11. 1988 Ranger Restoration - Keeping a Promise

I gotta hand it to you Petroleum Junkie, you've hung in there with this truck muck longer than I initially thought you would considering your preference for all things MOPAR. I also like the decidedly different approach you've taken with this truck, as far as building up the 2.9 vs swapping in...
  12. 19 Rangers with Cap= Bronco?

I think that would be like saying that a first-gen or second-gen Ranger with a cap is the same as a Bronco II or Explorer. Yeah, same profile and same basic bones but vast differences between an early Ranger and a B-II; or for example, a 92 Ranger vs a 92 Explorer. Big differences in...
  13. Redneck Motorhome

Yeah I used to live in the Fredericksburg, VA area for 20 years. The humidity in that area is ****ing oppressive right about this time of year! 😰 Now I live in Pennsylvania where if it gets above 80 degrees people start complaining about the heat. LOL I keep tellin' 'em they ain't seen...
  14. Show us your 2019 Ford Ranger - Get a decal!

Yeah I don't think I could get used to having all the HVAC controls run through that screen either. And my biggest concern would be the cost of repairs when that screen malfunctions. Electronics are sensitive to changes in temperature; and here in Pittsburgh it is not uncommon to see radical...
  15. Show us your 2019 Ford Ranger - Get a decal!

Fully loaded to me means Platinum or Limited level. And I know that ain't no mere $65/ month extra. That's more like $650/month extra on top of the XL. And this redneck ain't buyin' no Platinum! All them extra gizmos is more stuff to break later on! ;missingteeth; Proven fact: If you buy a...
  16. Drove one last week

I think you can only delete the rear seat if you buy the XL. It does save you a couple hundred $ though. Not sure about crew cabs as I haven't spec'ed one out. I have no need for the crew cab and I'm too cheap to pay for it. ;missingteeth;
  17. Show us your 2019 Ford Ranger - Get a decal!

You realize that before incentives, which vary from dealer to dealer; a $55k F-150 these days only gets you an XLT Crew cab w/ 4wd. You want Lariat crew? Drop another $5k on his desk and then the salesman won't laugh as hard. How well do those loaded up luxury trucks really sell out in farm...
  18. Drove one last week

I finally got the opportunity to drive a new Ranger last week. One of the largest volume dealers in the Pittsburgh area, Shults Ford has a bunch of them between their two locations. So I scheduled an appointment for last Thursday after work and went up drove an entry-level XL Supercab fleet...
  19. Paint It Black - Ford Introduces Black Appearance Package On 2019 Ford Ranger

I spec'ed one out on the Build and Price in dark gray with the Black Appearnace Package in the XLT 302A Supercab FX4. Looked sharp! Had a very dark, and aggressive look to it without being monochrome. Expensive as he** though at over $41k! (To this cheapskate redneck, that's expensive) I...
  20. Getting another Ranger, GOT IT TODAY!

Please post pics if you buy the Ranger. The two colors you're considering are my two favorites on the options list right now. That fire red makes for a sharp lookin' truck, especially with the chrome package! But then rednecks like me are attracted to shiny objects...;missingteeth; Are you...