Search results

1. JoshT

Clueless about lowering

Are you looking at beams and springs, or just beams? If you are just doing drop beams in front, stock shocks should still work.
  2. JoshT

Elon musk.....

Miniaturization, it'll get there eventually. Yes, yes I have. LOL! Some times they do remove the top of the T-tail for maintenance. I must admit that I've looked at one of them sitting out on the ramp and wandered what it would take to fit a turboprop engine and turn it into an airplane of...
  3. JoshT

Elon musk.....

Yeah, C-17s aren't bigger than C-5s. Hell they ain't even close to being as big as a C-5. C-5, C-130, and F-15. The C-17 in middle ground between the C-130 and C-5. FWIW we have all 4 where I work. I work the smallest of the 4 (F-15) and even they are towed by diesel tugs, not that a 300 I6...
  4. JoshT

The 2019 'Loan Ranger', and 2019 Ranger Adventure

Wow, wasn't expecting that to stick. You aren't a SR until JR is born. Same with I, II, and III. Truck is looking good. If I was after a new vehicle it'd probably be on my short list. Racsan I know Harbor Freight still sells those bars. I think I've seen them in Northern Tool or Tractor...
  5. JoshT

The 2019 'Loan Ranger', and 2019 Ranger Adventure

Glad to see they hooked you up with a truck for the anniversary. From the way things are sounding at work for the rest of this year, I'm not likely to be able to partake in any of the festivities. We should be getting a major workload in the second half of the year that will be all hands on deck...
  6. JoshT

I like the new look

Or those that have been here forever and never really posted much to begin with.
  7. JoshT

Trying to decide on tire size. Not a Ranger, still a Ford.

So I recently decided to brings dad's old 68 F-100 out of hibernation. It's a 4wd with the coil buckets lowered 1" and a 2" body lift for 3" of lift. When he lifted it the truck was running 33s, but was on 32s before it was parked. Some pics of the truck for reference: Here's the truck shortly...
  8. JoshT

Can't figure out no start on 99 Ranger

So I recently dug into the top end of my 99 Ranger to replace head gaskets again. Hopefully found the actual problem this time, one of the heads had a very slight wave right where the gasket was eroding. Anyway put it back together a week or two ago and it spins over but won't start. No odd...
  9. JoshT

WTB: 99 4.0L OHV dipstick tube

Looking for a 4.0L OHV dipstick tube for a 99 Ranger. Not sure how they vary among different years of 4.0L so closer to same year better. My dipstick is good, but the mounting tab is gone. Didn't break, was cut and modified (not by me) a few years when headers were installed. Going back to...
  10. JoshT

thermostat switch temps for e-fan conversion?

thermal switch temps for e-fan conversion? So I'm soon to do an E-fan conversion on my 99 4.0L but I figure this will apply yo most Rangers (and other vehicles) doing a similar conversion. Ok so my truck is a stock 99 Ranger 4.0L 4x4. Several years ago I converted it to a dual core Explorer...
  11. JoshT

Flex lines off master cylinder and do I need a proportioning valve?

So back so slowly working on my V8 swap project and am quickly approaching the brake system portion. Already got most of my brake system squared away. Cobra 13" brake swap Explorer 8.8" Disk Brake axle (98 Explorer) Explorer Master Cylinder (also 98 Explorer) Explorer 5.0L brake booster (IIRC...
  12. JoshT

86 Ranger diesel

Thought this might be good for a laugh: http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/d/lk-1986-ford-ranger-turbo/6409323105.html
  13. JoshT

Explorer 5.0L valve springs and rockers?

98 Explorer 5.0L getting it ready to continue Ranger swap or drop it into something else. Next step is getting the engine running and maybe doing a little hop-up while at it. High mile engine and I'm not going to go further into it than the valve covers which I'm swapping for cast aluminum...
  14. JoshT

Transmission ID and can I swap?

Got a bit of a head scratcher here. I've been around long enough to know to check the tech library. I did, it didn't help. 1999 Ford Ranger XLT Extended Cab 4x4 W/ 4.0L Auto and factory tow package. According to the chart in the tech library my truck should have a 5R55E due to being a...
  15. JoshT

which leaf springs should I get?

Not posting this in the suspension section, because this is general leaf spring question rather than lifted or lowered and I want it answered as such. So I've got a 99 Ranger 4x4 that came factory with tow package and "K" code leaf springs. Currently have 32" tires, Explorer "F" code leafs, and...
  16. JoshT

Any electricians in the house?

Don't know if this the right place to post this, but it is a NON-RBV tech question. As title suggests, I'm looking for a little help from someone knowledgeable about household electricity. I want to build a portable power distribution center to use as a heavy duty multipurpose extension cord...
  17. JoshT

FF 3.0L swapped with non FF long block, now problems

This is not my truck and I don't have access to it. My cousin picked up a late late 90s (IIRC) Flex Fuel 3.0L Ranger. Gotta think it was a 98-99 body looked right and it was a 4 door according to him. Had a bad motor when he bought it, but his mother had a 97 3.0L non-FF Ranger with a bad...
  18. JoshT

Calling all members with a lowered 4wd...

Yeah, yeah.. I know this topic comes up every now and again and ends pretty quickly, but I'm looking for something different this time. Not asking how to lower the truck, but trying to find a particular member that already has. I know that Blown has a lowered his and made it all wheel drive, I...
  19. JoshT

Transfer case connector, part missing

Pulled my transfer case motor last Friday to turn in for warranty. They upgraded me to a new unit instead of reman, but I had to wait for it to come in on Saturday. Looked over new part when I picked it up on Saturday, birth apparently not close enough and didn't touch it again until today was...
  20. JoshT

Frame Crossmembers

I'm building an 86 Ranger V8 and moving some things around on the back half. Going to need to build a couple new cross members. This is for a 2wd street truck, not a 4wd offroad. While it won't be driven off road I need it to be safe for street use and look decent. Here's what I'm doing. Here's...