Search results

1. Bracket racer

Daytime running lights

So, 91 ranger xlt, how do I turn off or disconnect the daytime running lights? I thought there would be a fuse or relay but all I found was the headlight fuse.
  2. Bracket racer

Help name my mud truck

So. I picked up a 91 ranger just to cruise the powerline and play in the mud. After lots of work (only paid a couple hundred for it) I am ready to take it to a poker run/mud run this coming weekend. I was going to name it Oscar the grouch because there was so much garbage left in it, it looked...
  3. Bracket racer

91 ranger hub nuts??

I have a 91 4x4 and pulled the hubs off to replace bearings, etc. Somehow...I'm missing two nuts! I set them somewhere but can't find them. So, need to go to a junk yard, which ones will fit? what year is the same and does it have to be manual hubs? (Mine are manual) I have craft disease, Can't...
  4. Bracket racer

G'day from Nova Scotia, Canada!

I'm a tank mechanic in the army and an avid drag racer. Built vw dune buggies as a kid in the 70's but have been a die hard Ford guy forever. Built lots of mud trucks and ran stock cars over the years. Never had a ranger but had 4 early bronco's. Wife is pissy because I'm gone to the track all...
  5. Bracket racer

Purchasing question

So, I can get a 2003 ranger 4x4 auto ext cab for $1200(1000 maybe) Or 1996 ranger auto 4x4 with a broke clutch pedal and a 1994 ranger 2x4 for $800. Thoughts? Off roading only. Dana28 vs 35 7.5 vs 8.8 Two vs one? To play in the mud?
  6. Bracket racer

Hey all, drag racer here...

I run a fox body (everything from 302 to 460) and my kid ran a junior dragster. This year he's old enough to run a big car and wants a ranger. 4cyl this year and then maybe a 302/c4 combo or a 460/c6 depending on how it goes. Anyway, posted a couple of questions in the 4cyl forum and now intro
  7. Bracket racer

Peak rpm

New guy here, picking up a 4cyl ranger for my kid to drag race. What rpm do these 4cyl "nose over" (stop making power) yes it will rev to 7000 or whatever, but where does it stop pulling hard? I'm guessing 5000 or so? Also, what year did the fly by wire throttle cable start, I'd like to avoid...