Search results

1. Otis413

Front receiver and skid plate fab.

With the bumper re-installed. The top of the receiver tube touches the valance panel, so I edited the diagram in my OP to lower it by a quarter of an inch.
  2. Otis413

2002 4-door front seat belt assembly removal

I need to fix my rear lower door latch and was wondering the same thing... I'm guessing unbolt the seatbelts and the plastic pops off?? If no one knows I guess I'll try it on my parts truck first and see what happens.
  3. Otis413

Oh, no problem, I was just trying to explain what I did. (should have taken more pics) To tell the truth I'm scratching my head on how to brace things up a little, that crossmember might not be up to what my 8000 lb winch is capable of.. The winch was originally on my '90 Dodge 4x4 work truck...
  4. Otis413

Six. The tow hooks (loops?) had three mounting bolts each side, I just used those holes to mount the angle iron. I welded the original tow hooks to the bottom of the angle iron and removed the top mounting point and the other two welded on nuts. so the tow hooks are welded and bolted on.
  5. Otis413

I made a front receiver to mount my winch to. One of my helpers.... More help. A diagram of the bolt on receiver plate. CORRECTION! the notch for the receiver tube should be 1 inch deep rather then 1 1/4 inch deep, at 1 1/4" the top of the receiver tube just touches the bumper valance...
  6. Otis413

Shadetree Locksmith, cut your own keys.

Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing this modification and following this how-to you, the installer, take full responsibility if anything is damaged or messed up. If you...
  7. Otis413

Control Trac system??

So, my bro-in-law and I just went half n half on a 1997 Explorer sport. Went to look at it yesterday, 4.0 OHC from a Mustang (turns over, no fuel pressure), auto trans, 4.10 gears and a Control-Trac T case, hasn't been run in 5 years, $300 and just have to tow it home.. He wants the motor and I...
  8. Otis413

PATS, A Xmas miracle!

So, Monday (off all week for Christmas) I finally got around to getting my two (cheap eBay keys, bought months ago) cut and programed into my '04 Edge (first time trying this). Having only one original key I was nervous about the process, so I connected with FORscan, new key in switch, and...
  9. Otis413

GMRS license holders?

Any GMRS license holders out there? Just curious, my wife and I both have our Ham ticket so we really don't need it. I've been thinking about getting my (our) GMRS license to play around with some cheap low-pwr (solar powered) repeaters. I live in the "radio quiet zone" near Greenbank WVa, so...
  10. Otis413

My Motorola Maratrac install (Ham Radio)

My Bro-n-law and I just finished rebuilding my (new to me) '04 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4, now I need to put a Ham radio in it. I decided to go with another Motorola Maratrac, a remote head 110w VHF transceiver. There's a lot of these floating around since the FCC narrow band mandate rendered them...
  11. Otis413

Ford "Chip" key basics. or; What blank key should I buy.

Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for your use of this information. By using this information and following the how-to's, you, the reader, take full responsibility if anything is damaged or messed up. If you have questions...
  12. Otis413

Can't reach site from search page

Is anyone else having trouble reaching theRangerstation.com? a link from a google search result goes nowhere and yahoo search links just ends with an error page.. It works on my desktop, (bookmarks and search links, I'm on that now) which has 3rd party cookies enabled and automatically logs me...
  13. Otis413

'04 Ranger Edge Rustoration...

My '04 Ranger Edge (Plus) rebuild. I posted some of these pics on my "square tube rocker panel" thread. All but two of these pics are "hosted" on FaceBook, so this is also a test to see if/how long they'll stay up..
  14. Otis413

My Boss' new ride, High-Rail Bronco

I know this isn't directly Ranger or Bronco II related, but I thought it was cool.. My Boss' new (ish) high-rail Bronco. The HR Bronco and my Ranger in the background.
  15. Otis413

R brake hose to frame bracket?

04 Ranger Edge, rear brake hose to frame bracket. Does anyone know of a source for these? mine is rusted almost in two and I can't seem to locate a replacement. I checked the usual suspects but no luck. I could make one except for the hex hole on the end that holds the hose, I'd rather not use...
  16. Otis413

Square tube rocker panels

I know this isn't new by any means, but I thought I'd post a few pics of my 04 Edge rocker panel repair, using two pieces of 2.5" x 2.5" (id) x 1/8" x 6', they were out of thinner wall tubing (16g) which would have been fine. The drivers side was even worse, I forgot to take a pic. Cutting...
  17. Otis413

4L SOHC "cam service tool" and timing kits questions.

I have a '02 XLT 4x4 with 230K miles, this summer it has developed a timing chain rattle (chatter), and I want to nip it in the bud. This is my first 4L SOHC vehicle. My last ford was an '85 F150 with a 300 6 and 310k miles on it when it died, but that's another story... I have a few questions...
  18. Otis413

Quick question on door wireing connections

I'm getting ready to swap all 4 doors on my 02 ranger, (swapping with an 04 parts truck) is there a single plug on the harness that goes from the door to the body? is it behind the kick panel or inside the door itself (front) and same question for the rear doors, would they be behind the plastic...
  19. Otis413

Hub size & some wheels..

Not a question, more of an FYI, earlier this year I was hunting for some wheels to put my summer tires on, and found a LOT of conflicting info on hub size and wheel center bore sizes. All I could find for sure was that '98 & up are different the 97 and older Rangers. I pulled my wheels on my 02...
  20. Otis413

Hello all.

Long time reader first time poster, Hello from Cass WVa. I had always been a Dodge truck and Ford cars kind of guy, a few years ago I picked up a 2002 Ranger XLT 4x4 off road and have been hooked on that lil truck ever since. I now have the chance to buy another for parts (rusted out frame)...