Search results

1. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

So I finally figured out how to complete the EGR delete. I followed this guy's instructions . It cleared my check engine light and fixed the surging idle. It's still idling low so I need to adjust that but she's running better! Hopefully my fuel mileage will improve. It's getting 10mpg now. I...
  2. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

Took it out huntin last night. It did real good. Has a couple small issues though. I have a couple exhaust leaks which are obnoxious, need to finish hooking up the guages, have to build a shifter for the doubler because it pops out of gear while going down hill at highway speeds and I think I'm...
  3. Rowdy Fitzgerald

1986 2.3 L Diesel Ranger

Just a little too far from me. I'm in Nevada.
  4. Rowdy Fitzgerald

1986 2.3 L Diesel Ranger

Location and price?
  5. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

Well I've been driving it around and played a little bit in my front pasture. She's running good and everything seems to be working well. My only worry is that the front drive shaft may max out and bind up at full flex. This is settin on flat ground.
  6. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

Little joke I found this morning.
  7. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

So I trimmed the passenger coil bucket and upmper track arm bracket. It rides and drives like a dream. I ordered a egr delete connector for the harness but it never showed up. Gonna contact the company and complain.
  8. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

Finally got around to leveling up the front. I Also raised it an inch to improve the track arm clearance. Tomorrow I'm gonna trim the bottom of the coil buckets and the upper track arm bracket. Had a little mishap yesterday. Took the wife out into the back pasture to do doughnuts and the...
  9. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

I think it's good. Anyone think it's a bad pattern?
  10. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

Yeah I agree. I haven't made time to work on it yet. We went to my wife's friend's so I could work on her jeep for her, this morning. So that messed up my whole day. Gonna start first thing in the morning.
  11. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

I think I've got them as vood as I'll get them. I'm gonna put the new bearings on tomorrow when I get home. The pinion and races are setting in the freezer still since I didn't have time to finish last week. I'm gonna install the new races and let everything get to the same temp. Then I'll...
  12. Rowdy Fitzgerald

Second Fuel Tank in a Ranger

So I added a second tank to my 87 ranger. You will have to add the correct crossmember, tank straps, wiring, tank selector switch, tank selector valve, fuel hose, return line (if yours is efi) and filler neck. The issue with plumbing them together is the rear tank is several inches higher. That...
  13. Rowdy Fitzgerald

Nor Cal chat thread

Well my schedule has changed so I will no longer be working weekends. I'm almost done with the won ton swap so I'll be up and running this next week hopefully. I will post a date on my trip before I go.
  14. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

I've started my attempt at setting up these used gears. Backlash is 10 thousandths. Any advice?
  15. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

Yeah, I cleaned both tanks when I replaced the sending units last year. So it's gotta be varnish. This time I put a clear filter just prior to the fuel rail along with a oem filter before the pump. So I will be able to see what's going on.
  16. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

Figured out the studder and back fire. ShittyCalifornia fuel. Added a second filter between the tank transfer valve and the high pressure pump. It's a oem filter off of a 92 f150.
  17. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

Well I've got the gears, the filter and the new lug nuts. I'm waiting for the new shim kit to come in and the time to install everything. This week I'm probably going to make another run back to the old house to pick up a couple things I couldn't fit in my last load. Might have a little time on...
  18. Rowdy Fitzgerald

Nor Cal chat thread

I'm contemplating a Rubicon run this summer if anyone wants to meet up. I work weekends though so it'll more than likely be during the week.
  19. Rowdy Fitzgerald

The ranger

2018 buck